nba playoffs round 2 discussion thread... | Page 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

nba playoffs round 2 discussion thread...

sure if you go to the basket you're gonna get more calls...no doubt...but the calls in this finals haven't been about that...if you think this has been fair well you're either lying to me or not sure what the rules are and whats a foul...or better yet what should be a damn foul in the nba finals for gods sakes...i would make the argument also that westbrook has gone to the basket every bit as much as the heat...guys rediculous down the lane...
This was my one thing tonight. Westbrook attacked the basket relentlessly and ended up with 3 free throw attempts. I was surprised at that.

phinsphan you are a non heat fan...come on in here and tell me if you feel this nba finals has been called close to fairly...or if i'm off my rocker..

phinsphan you are a non heat fan...come on in here and tell me if you feel this nba finals has been called close to fairly...or if i'm off my rocker..
At times it has been close, but there have been other times where the whistles weren't even. I know I'll hear the numbers are even, but it just seems at those critical times where it's a close play, more often than not, the Heat will get that call whereas the Thunder won't.

:lol: You're clearly the one doing the subjective "analysis" with your bagging on the officiating! Come on, man. Even you should be better than this. I gave you several reasons why the Heat took this game from the Thunder and that's your response??? "go back to your homer thread"??? Wow.

But hey, if you want to use the officiating as an excuse...fine, I'll go back to the Heat thread and let you wallow in your sorrows about the David Stern and the refs. But even the most casual fan can see that the Thunder are not playing like they've been there before. The Heat have been, they've felt the pain of losing out at a shot at a ring...and that's the difference. They've wanted it more than OKC so far.

Alas, championships AREN'T won with three victories. The Heat still will have to scratch and claw to pull off the most difficult victory of their careers. If the Heat do happen to pull it off, though, there ain't no amount of bashing the haters can do that's going to stop them from being recognized as champs. They will have earned it.

i just meant i don't expect many heat fans to be subjective about this...homer thread just meant the heat love thread which is expected when you're on a miami damn sports message board...nothing personal...but i will argue til the cows come home that the officiating has been one sided in this series...and i don't agree that they've truly earned anything in this finals...imo in 2 of these games at least when the game has turned its been officiating that has driven it

---------- Post added at 01:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 AM ----------

At times it has been close, but there have been other times where the whistles weren't even. I know I'll hear the numbers are even, but it just seems at those critical times where it's a close play, more often than not, the Heat will get that call whereas the Thunder won't.

and has that been the case even in the thunders own building???

and thats my whole point...in those critical times whether it be a 4th foul or 3rd foul on durant taking him off the court on some garbage or a loose ball foul where guys are competing for the rock or a one possession game the calls have gone the heats way...end of story...and those runs that are generated by durant off the court or those late 4th quarter calls and free points at the line or worse missed calls on the thunder offensive end decide games and series...

frankly i watched the first 2 games in the thunder building and came away saying the heat are getting the whistle on marginal stuff even in okc thats a bad omen for when this series shifts to miami...and its played out just that way

No is has not. There should have been a foul at the end of game 2 that would've sent Durant to the line. And what I didn't like is how in games 2 and 3, it was almost like Durant was being picked on. I know that wasn't the case, but he got so many cheap fouls in those games.

I'm not one of those people that says "the NBA is rigged", but in this series it seems the Heat have gotten the benefit of the doubt more often than not.

This was my one thing tonight. Westbrook attacked the basket relentlessly and ended up with 3 free throw attempts. I was surprised at that.

I was surprised by this as well.

Kevin Durant though.

6'10. 7'4 wingspan.

One rebound.

Blame the refs.

---------- Post added at 01:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 AM ----------

No is has not. There should have been a foul at the end of game 2 that would've sent Durant to the line. And what I didn't like is how in games 2 and 3, it was almost like Durant was being picked on. I know that wasn't the case, but he got so many cheap fouls in those games.

I'm not one of those people that says "the NBA is rigged", but in this series it seems the Heat have gotten the benefit of the doubt more often than not.

Durant could have also been called with a charge on Shane Battier.

Didn't go that way, though.

Not a big deal.

You'll never see me complain about refs because I know in the end there's a bigger reason for Miami losing.

thank you...i'm not as nutty as these heat fans think...that said if my c's were getting the kind of love the heat are in the finals i would absolutely admit it...the calls in this series are eerily similar for me to my c's when the lakers beat them in game 7 after perk got hurt...seemed the lake show got every call in the clutch home or road and i'm sorry but thats hell on wheels to overcome...

i know the rules i know whats a foul and whats not and i know when the calls are despicable and how they decide games in basketball...

I was surprised by this as well.

Kevin Durant though.

6'10. 7'4 wingspan.

One rebound.

Blame the refs.

---------- Post added at 01:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 AM ----------

Durant could have also been called with a charge on Shane Battier.

Didn't go that way, though.

Not a big deal.

You'll never see me complain about refs because I know in the end there's a bigger reason for Miami losing.
I'm not blaming the refs for Durant's lack of rebounds at all. He doesn't have the build to be down low banging for boards, but during the course of a game you would like to think he can get more than 1 damn rebound.

how would the heat fare if lebron was taken off the court on bs the way durant has been in this series...i know how...they'd get their damn doors blown off

as for the durant should have been charge its not a charge when chalmers commits the foul in transition prior to the contact by pulling down durants arm...and frankly with the way battier goes to ground on anything why does the nba give him the benefit of the doubt...why reward him when he's laying out world cup worthy every time the ball comes up the court on the other end

look the thunder are damn young...they take some bad shots at times and fall in love with the jump shot i get it...and the heat have the experience and know how on them...so its gonna be tough on okc as more realistically this team is probably a year away from being the dominant force in the nba but still lets let the players decide who wins the damn trophy...call this thing right...stop bailing out the heat and make them earn it...they earn it i got no problem if its just given to em i got issues...and to my eye i see a lot of it handed to em on a silver platter with the officiating

by the way what does durants lack of boards have to do with anything...would you want to go down and bang with bigs when every time you made contact with anyone the last few games they blew the whistle on you for some bs...the last thing durant wanted tonight was a lot of contact in tight spaces...his games not boards anyways...he needs to box out and let collison ibaka and perk pound the glass

This one thing's for sure...officiating fouls in the NBA will always be somewhat subjective and will always be questioned by the fans. It's been going on for years and will continue to do so. In any sport...whether it be the strike zone, interference/holding calls, or penalty shots, the refs are always going to be part of the game, unfortunately.

What you can change however is your game. A team, person, or coach can always make adjustments to what THEY can control. You can't control officiating. If you want to win in the NBA or any sport for that matter, you are going to have to look past officiating and adjust your game around it....not the other way around. The Thunder have not figured out how to make adjustments in key stretches while the Heat have for the most part.

This one thing's for sure...officiating fouls in the NBA will always be somewhat subjective and will always be questioned by the fans. It's been going on for years and will continue to do so. In any sport...whether it be the strike zone, interference/holding calls, or penalty shots, the refs are always going to be part of the game, unfortunately.

What you can change however is your game. A team, person, or coach can always make adjustments to what THEY can control. You can't control officiating. If you want to win in the NBA or any sport for that matter, you are going to have to look past officiating and adjust your game around it....not the other way around. The Thunder have not figured out how to make adjustments in key stretches while the Heat have for the most part.

so i guess you think the heat would overcome it??? the feeling that they're getting jobbed if they were on the other end of things....i seriously doubt it...and thats with a much more veteran team than the thunder

so i guess you think the heat would overcome it??? the feeling that they're getting jobbed if they were on the other end of things....i seriously doubt it...and thats with a much more veteran team than the thunder

Again, I'm not going to use officiating as an excuse win or lose, especially in a hypothetical situation. Like I said, no one can control how the game is officiated. That's why I'll never let it get to me, positively or negatively. You've gotta learn to adjust and move on...as a team, player, or coach. Control what you can control. The Heat are definitely doing a better job of it.

The fact that you are using officiating as a major scapegoat for the Heat being up 3-1 is just laughable, IMO. There's so many other reasons why the Heat are getting it done and the Thunder are not. A couple of calls or miscalls is not going to change the fact that the Heat are the better team right now, now matter how much you scream "foul".

Heat up 3-1, have taken control of the series, we are now 1 win away. F the haters, miami all day! The heat are leading the way for the dolphins, dolphins need to look at this as motivational. Now if only our dolphins could start winning some games, miami heat taking south florida sports to a new level.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom