nba playoffs round 2 discussion thread... | Page 16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

nba playoffs round 2 discussion thread...

For the sake of the game, I hope they call it differently on Durant. In the finals, I want to watch the best players on the court, not on the bench.

i guess you could say they called it different against durant...but it was still horrendous...hardin got called for 2 awful fouls against james in the 3rd quarter where both guys were trying to establish position...my god shane battiers been doing more dirty crap trying to keep durant from catching or elbowing guys as they float thru the lane and getting away with it and they call that garbage...

even worse today they called 2 fouls in transition with james with the ball going to the basket where neither player and it was confirmed on replay ever touched him...one against collison when if anything it was against durant and the ref even said its not on you kevin its collison...i mean i'm sorry but if the ref is coming over and telling one guy its not you but him and the other guy never even made damn contact thats some shady ****...and then on another westbrook goes up but never even touches james and they call some bs on him cause durant is contesting...and people think thats on the up and up....bull****...thats the league telling these officials the durant needs to stay on the floor after all those bs calls the last 2 games...

i can't wait til they start using the damn flopping rule and stop letting these girls get away with this trash...shane battier should be called zamboni he's diving on the floor so much and wade...my lord

the thunder are frustrated now with the officiating and i don't blame em....the heat fans here can say whatever they want on their thread but anyone that reallly knows this game there knows they have a horseshoe in their ass and have all postseason pretty much...they don't like it i don't give a ****...

how bout the 3rd foul call on ibaka on a play where the balls on the ground pretty much and bosh goes to ground...my god there needs to be blood before you call a 3rd foul on that bs...

they can call this a soapbox they can call it whatever the **** they want i want the players to decide the series and its not happening...the officiating is making this finals with 2 terrific teams a joke...

i'm only on here talking hoops cause i'm a dolphins fan if not i wouldn't be here cause i don't think anyone should ever come on someone elses fan base board just to run their mouth but i'm also a hoops fan and i could care less who it is if they were calling the finals this rediculous i'd say my piece...

as far as i'm concerned the heat should they win and god knows the league wants it that way are nothing more than paper champions...they haven't earned it...they've been sucked off by the officials

Funny you and the haters are still going on about about officiating and fouls when...

1. The Thunder choked away a 17 point lead in less than four minutes!
2. Harden (their supposed high scoring 6th man) was nowhere to be found. (all series, mind you)
3. Chalmers and Cole are going crazy on OKC's D like it's nothing.
4. Durant pulls down a pathetic TWO rebounds and leaves Westbrook to do all the heavy lifting in crunch time!
5. LeBron James (12) by himself almost had as many assists as the Thunder (13) did.
6. OKC's pitiful 3 point shooting in the finals continues...3 for 16 in this game. That's 18.8 percent and
7. Well you all saw the boneheaded foul by Westbrook and the Thunder at the end of the game!

Funny you and the haters are still going on about about officiating and fouls when...

1. The Thunder choked away a 17 point lead in less than four minutes!
2. Harden (their supposed high scoring 6th man) was nowhere to be found. (all series, mind you)
3. Chalmers and Cole are going crazy on OKC's D like it's nothing.
4. Durant pulls down a pathetic TWO rebounds and leaves Westbrook to do all the heavy lifting in crunch time!
5. LeBron James (12) by himself almost had as many assists as the Thunder (13) did.
6. OKC's pitiful 3 point shooting in the finals continues...3 for 16 in this game. That's 18.8 percent and
7. Well you all saw the boneheaded foul by Westbrook and the Thunder at the end of the game!

go back to your homer thread...if you or cane think that the games have been called fairly i'd rather not talk hoops with you...i don't expect any objective analysis

by the way those stats if you take it on a game by game basis and analyze the way things flowed in each individual game add up to dick

Heat win: Refs are in on the fix.

Heat lose: LeBron is a choke artist.

nope...he's the best player in the league...been sayin that for a long time...bron has gotten a bad wrap...its him and bunch of pieces...at least this year...no one else is truly legit...but the refs don't seem to know that it seems...

ok cane i'm putting you on the spot since you came in here...you think the officiating in this series has been on the up and up...fair and square???

Miami has attempted 103 free throws. Miami has made 85 of those.

Oklahoma City has attempted 93 free throws. Oklahoma City has made 69 of those.

Miami has attempted 10 more free throws than Oklahoma City.

That's five more trips to the line for Miami over the course of four games.

Miami has committed 77 personal fouls.

Oklahoma City has committed 83 personal fouls.

Miami drives and attacks the basket far more than Oklahoma City does.

I think I can understand a six-foul difference over four games.

Miami has attempted 103 free throws. Miami has made 85 of those.

Oklahoma City has attempted 93 free throws. Oklahoma City has made 69 of those.

Miami has attempted 10 more free throws than Oklahoma City.

That's five more trips to the line for Miami over the course of four games.

Miami has committed 77 personal fouls.

Oklahoma City has committed 83 personal fouls.

Miami drives and attacks the basket far more than Oklahoma City does.

I think I can understand a six-foul difference over four games.

that sounds like more bs...again i ask the games been called fairly in the finals...give it to me straight ...yes or no

nope...he's the best player in the league...been sayin that for a long time...bron has gotten a bad wrap...its him and bunch of pieces...at least this year...no one else is truly legit...but the refs don't seem to know that it seems...

ok cane i'm putting you on the spot since you came in here...you think the officiating in this series has been on the up and up...fair and square???

I think it has been even. I think there have been calls that Oklahoma City got that they shouldn't have got, and the same goes for Miami.

But I think when you attack the rim the way Miami does, you're bound to get more calls. I'm pretty surprised that the difference in fouls isn't MORE in our favor. Oklahoma City settles for a lot of jump shots. It's HARD to foul Kevin Durant on a jumpshot because he's so long. Unless you tackle him, his release point is just too high for anyone to get up there and contest. So that's a wash. No one for Oklahoma City really comes hard at you. Wade baits a lot of defenders. Honestly, I hate that baiting **** but it works. What can the refs do not call it? LeBron is so big and physical...no one can stop him. When he goes to the basket, you can either foul him and send him to the line or let him score easy buckets. Teams really don't have much of a choice.

by the way that attacks the basket things is horse****...that sounds like something colin cowherd says when he talks about why the heat get the calls...then he says the best game the heat played this postseason was against the celtics in game 6 and thats garbage...that was the best game lebron james played...he put the team on his shoulders and said we're not losing...good on him...he's the man...

---------- Post added at 01:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 AM ----------

I think it has been even. I think there have been calls that Oklahoma City got that they shouldn't have got, and the same goes for Miami.

But I think when you attack the rim the way Miami does, you're bound to get more calls. I'm pretty surprised that the difference in fouls isn't MORE in our favor. Oklahoma City settles for a lot of jump shots. It's HARD to foul Kevin Durant on a jumpshot because he's so long. Unless you tackle him, his release point is just too high for anyone to get up there and contest. So that's a wash. No one for Oklahoma City really comes hard at you. Wade baits a lot of defenders. Honestly, I hate that baiting **** but it works. What can the refs do not call it? LeBron is so big and physical...no one can stop him. When he goes to the basket, you can either foul him and send him to the line or let him score easy buckets. Teams really don't have much of a choice.

even...you're full of **** ha ha

that sounds like more bs...again i ask the games been called fairly in the finals...give it to me straight ...yes or no

This is what it is.

I knew before this series started that we'd hear this talk from people. I knew people would blame the refs and I've kept a spreadsheet with fouls and free throws because I knew I'd need it.

If it really was as unfair as most of you guys make it out to be, the discrepancy would be far greater.

Turns out, it's pretty even.

by the way that attacks the basket things is horse****...that sounds like something colin cowherd says when he talks about why the heat get the calls...then he says the best game the heat played this postseason was against the celtics in game 6 and thats garbage...that was the best game lebron james played...he put the team on his shoulders and said we're not losing...good on him...he's the man...

---------- Post added at 01:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 AM ----------

even...you're full of **** ha ha

It's not what Cowherd says...it's the truth. It's what every NBA analyst says.

If you attack the basket, you're more than likely going to draw fouls.

True or false: If I drive the lane and attack the basket and go right at defenders, they're more likely to foul me than they are when I'm out on the perimeter shooting jumpers with a cushion between me and my defender.

That's absolutely true. There's no way around it. People who attack the basket draw a lot more fouls than jump shooters.

go back to your homer thread...if you or cane think that the games have been called fairly i'd rather not talk hoops with you...i don't expect any objective analysis

:lol: You're clearly the one doing the subjective "analysis" with your bagging on the officiating! Come on, man. Even you should be better than this. I gave you several reasons why the Heat took this game from the Thunder and that's your response??? "go back to your homer thread"??? Wow.

But hey, if you want to use the officiating as an excuse...fine, I'll go back to the Heat thread and let you wallow in your sorrows about the David Stern and the refs. But even the most casual fan can see that the Thunder are not playing like they've been there before. The Heat have been, they've felt the pain of losing out at a shot at a ring...and that's the difference. They've wanted it more than OKC so far.

Alas, championships AREN'T won with three victories. The Heat still will have to scratch and claw to pull off the most difficult victory of their careers. If the Heat do happen to pull it off, though, there ain't no amount of bashing the haters can do that's going to stop them from being recognized as champs. They will have earned it.

This is what it is.

I knew before this series started that we'd hear this talk from people. I knew people would blame the refs and I've kept a spreadsheet with fouls and free throws because I knew I'd need it.

If it really was as unfair as most of you guys make it out to be, the discrepancy would be far greater.

Turns out, it's pretty even.

if the calls are close it doesn't mean **** when all the calls in the clutch go one way...when the games tight the calls or lack of have been laughable...thatsaid durants been in bs foul trouble in 2 games out of the 4 and tonight it was hardin...2 fouls against james fighting for position or on the post catch can they let them play??? good grief...the wade stuff is rediculous...every shot he takes he pulls someone down or dives all over the damn floor and they reward him for that bull crap...i get it your a heat fan and as a dolphins fan i'm sure you're starving for a winner but lets at least earn it with the play on the court and not cause the officiating either takes the oppositions go to and best player off the floor or seems to miss calls and fouls when the games on the line...game 3 hardin is pressing lebron down 2 they let them play thru that but then when hardin establishes position on the side of james and it was clear he was there and bron drops an elbow in his chest they call that bs a block...bull****...its the damn nba finals 16n seconds left play thru dumn **** like that...and tonight...well the replays don't lie...guys getting called for fouls with no damn contact...the nba is all about runs and when you put guys at the line every time down the court in critical times you kill it...if its a foul then fine if its bs lets play on...and i've seen so much bs my eyes are brown

photo-1.jpg

It's not what Cowherd says...it's the truth. It's what every NBA analyst says.

If you attack the basket, you're more than likely going to draw fouls.

True or false: If I drive the lane and attack the basket and go right at defenders, they're more likely to foul me than they are when I'm out on the perimeter shooting jumpers with a cushion between me and my defender.

That's absolutely true. There's no way around it. People who attack the basket draw a lot more fouls than jump shooters.

sure if you go to the basket you're gonna get more calls...no doubt...but the calls in this finals haven't been about that...if you think this has been fair well you're either lying to me or not sure what the rules are and whats a foul...or better yet what should be a damn foul in the nba finals for gods sakes...i would make the argument also that westbrook has gone to the basket every bit as much as the heat...guys rediculous down the lane...

Back
Top Bottom