NCAA eyes booster's claims Miami players took cash | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NCAA eyes booster's claims Miami players took cash

CaneSport.com reported that Shannon had “spies” in South Florida that “warned him that Shapiro was getting into problems throughout South Florida and was a booster that he needed to keep away from his players.”

If true, it blows a large hole in the University’s efforts to say they didn’t know exactly what Shapiro was doing. It also could pose large problems for former athletic director Kirby Hocutt.

According to the CaneSport.com report, Hocutt had to fundraise from Shapiro while also dealing with Shapiro’s perceived lack of respect because Shannon wouldn’t speak to the convicted Ponzi schemer

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2011/08/18/report-shannon-threatend-coaches-over-shapiro/

:bobdole:

The teams in the SEC west like LSU and Auburn that have to compete with Alabama for the SEC title have to cheat BECAUSE of Nick Saban.

LOL WHAT??!!!

LSU has had the cleanest history in the SEC besides Vanderbilt. The reason we got a slap on the wrist and a minor probation by the NCAA from the Akeim Hicks situation is because when Les Miles found out, he fired the coach offering illegal benefits, never played the ineligible player and along with the athletic department, turned themselves into the NCAA. It was a NON-ISSUE.

Please, please please show me ONE instance where LSU has cheated. One. Stop putting us in the same sentences as Auburn, and hell, even yourself. We beat you fair and square last year. Deal with it.

Auburn is your little brother in your same state, and God knows what they do in order to stay on par with Alabama. We are in Louisiana, an even richer talent base than Alabama. We win national championships without even having to leave our back yard for talent. We get kids who GROW UP Tiger fans and want to play at LSU. Please know what you are talking about before you go any further with this drivel about LSU having to pay recruiting services to persuade kids to come here.

Shapiro wasn't even an alumnus, yet he was allowed to donate, and through these donations gain keys to the program while the highers did nothing but watch and embrace ALL of it.

Randy Shannon, as bad of a coach as he was, at least tried to run a respectable university and operate the right way. Miami under Randy Shannon is the caliber of program they really are if they're forced to do things the right way, which is my point.

That is absolutely NOT an attempt to bash Miami, I've just been around long enough know.

LOL WHAT??!!!

LSU has had the cleanest history in the SEC besides Vanderbilt. The reason we got a slap on the wrist and a minor probation by the NCAA from the Akeim Hicks situation is because when Les Miles found out, he fired the coach offering illegal benefits, never played the ineligible player and along with the athletic department, turned themselves into the NCAA. It was a NON-ISSUE.

Please, please please show me ONE instance where LSU has cheated. One. Stop putting us in the same sentences as Auburn, and hell, even yourself. We beat you fair and square last year. Deal with it.

This has nothing to do with who won a game last year son. Calm down, I'll get to you in a little while...

Again, please show me one instance where LSU has cheated. Hard facts. Not your guessing game of what you think happened with Will Lyles.

ETA: An Alabama fan slinging mud about other teams "cheating" is about the funniest, most hypocritical thing I've ever seen. You guys have spent more years ON probation than you have not. Hell, you almost got the death penalty after Albert Means made Cam Newton look like a welfare case.

this is a great thread!
K2 agrees:
1313263455jpgw515h326-1.jpg

and i guess K2 was hangin with midget boy because he was so cool. im sure midget boy didnt hook him up with anything, just good ole fashioned friendship ;)

Again, please show me one instance where LSU has cheated. Hard facts. Not your guessing game of what you think happened with Will Lyles.

ETA: An Alabama fan slinging mud about other teams "cheating" is about the funniest, most hypocritical thing I've ever seen. You guys have spent more years ON probation than you have not. Hell, you almost got the death penalty after Albert Means made Cam Newton look like a welfare case.

Albert Means never played a single down for Alabama, Cam Newton DID play for Auburn. Not only that, he was allowed to be REINSTATED after the NCAA had ruled him ineligible through Mike Slive cutting a deal by finding a loophole in the SEC bylaws.

Furthermore, the Albert Means case was an instance where a SINGLE booster supposedly paid Albert Means' high school coach.. it had nothing to do with Alabama. Just like the Cam Newton case, a "money trail" was never found in the Means case, Alabama cooperated fully with the investigation, yet we still got hit hard. Cam Newton and Auburn have somehow managed to escape it.... so far.

The alledged money that changed hands in the Means case by the FBI was $30,000..... not the $180,000 that the Knewtons got.

Once again, I think you have it backwards. The Cam Newton case makes Albert Means look like a welfare case. The Newton case goes all the way to banks, politicians, Bobby Lowder, and several others.

Alabama didn't "almost get the death penalty" for Albert Means.... the whole "staring down the barrell of a gun" that the NCAA tried to threaten Alabama with was nothing more than puffing their chest out. They had nothing. NOTHING.

Also, I wasn't linking LSU with Auburn in the form of non-compliance with the NCAA's investigation. LSU is linked to Oregon and Auburn through the dvd's they purchased from Lyles. Lyles admitted to influencing kids to go to Oregon for money, which automatically linked LSU to the investigation.

The Lyles investigation and the Hicks investigation were two seperate investigations. LSU cooperated with the Lyles investigation and didn't cover anything up, which is where Oregon, Ohio St., and Georgia Tech all blew it.

LSU handled the Hicks incident as well as they could have. They were proactive and self reported the violation. However, they were still hit with one year probation, recruiting restrictions, and loss of a couple scholarships.

Auburn is in a class of their own when it comes to cheating.

Auburn has been trying to buy a championship for 50 years, Ted. They finally pulled it off last year with Cam Newton. .

I laughed HARD at this. :lol: Just the idea that they have been trying to buy a title for 50 years and were just now able to pull it off........BARELY. :lol: And when they did finally do it, it was so obvious to everyone. :lol:

Auburn............ :sidelol:

Do you have something to tie Nick Saban or Alabama to any of these recruiting scandals the way Auburn, LSU, Oregon, etc. are? If not, you're wasting time.

Miami was homecoming fodder for everyone in college football until the early 80's. They're a small little private school trying to run a big time football program and they simply don't have the funding, fanbase, or infrastructure to sustain it the right way. They've proven it time and time and time again over the past 3 decades. They can't be relevant in big time college football without boosters like Luther Campbell and Shapiro throwing around millions of dollars to keep it afloat.

I'm not trashing Miami, trust me... I'm being honest with all of you. You're other alternative is likely the death penalty.

The death penalty didn't kill SMU, what it did was put them back to what they really were to begin with. Which was a lower tier program in an irrelevent conference. SMU was at least competing for national championships when they were hit with the DP... hitting Miami with the death penalty is rather pointless because they're not relevant to begin with.

This is a University who's higher ups all looked the other way while the football program allowed to behave this way. They're all complicit... Shalala, Paul Dee, Hocutt... all of them.

LMFAO. Dr Slimm just beating people over the head harder than **** in this thread. LMAO.

That one reply dude made to one of your posts that said "Everyone cheats except Alabama" was ****ing epic though too. LMFAO. I love this thread. Full of epic. Hardcore college football fans are hillarious.

:lol: I cant stop laughing. EPIC posts. Make this thread go for at least a year.

---------- Post added at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 PM ----------

alright guys, this thread is to sling mud at miami, not to have an SEC fued...ha ha

:lol: This dude is killing me.

BWAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAA

Back
Top Bottom