NCAA eyes booster's claims Miami players took cash | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NCAA eyes booster's claims Miami players took cash

Albert Means never played a single down for Alabama, Cam Newton DID play for Auburn. Not only that, he was allowed to be REINSTATED after the NCAA had ruled him ineligible through Mike Slive cutting a deal by finding a loophole in the SEC bylaws.

Furthermore, the Albert Means case was an instance where a SINGLE booster supposedly paid Albert Means' high school coach.. it had nothing to do with Alabama. Just like the Cam Newton case, a "money trail" was never found in the Means case, Alabama cooperated fully with the investigation, yet we still got hit hard. Cam Newton and Auburn have somehow managed to escape it.... so far.

The alledged money that changed hands in the Means case by the FBI was $30,000..... not the $180,000 that the Knewtons got.

Once again, I think you have it backwards. The Cam Newton case makes Albert Means look like a welfare case. The Newton case goes all the way to banks, politicians, Bobby Lowder, and several others.

Alabama didn't "almost get the death penalty" for Albert Means.... the whole "staring down the barrell of a gun" that the NCAA tried to threaten Alabama with was nothing more than puffing their chest out. They had nothing. NOTHING.

Also, I wasn't linking LSU with Auburn in the form of non-compliance with the NCAA's investigation. LSU is linked to Oregon and Auburn through the dvd's they purchased from Lyles. Lyles admitted to influencing kids to go to Oregon for money, which automatically linked LSU to the investigation.

The Lyles investigation and the Hicks investigation were two seperate investigations. LSU cooperated with the Lyles investigation and didn't cover anything up, which is where Oregon, Ohio St., and Georgia Tech all blew it.

LSU handled the Hicks incident as well as they could have. They were proactive and self reported the violation. However, they were still hit with one year probation, recruiting restrictions, and loss of a couple scholarships.

Auburn is in a class of their own when it comes to cheating.

All right then. Just differentiate from now on. LSU is about the furthest thing from a dirty program as you can get. I DO agree with you that Auburn has to play dirty to keep up with the Joneses. We do not. LSU doesn't have to leave the state of LA for talent.

Whoa, whoa WHOA.

LSU paid $6,000 to his scouting service for tape on Zach Mettenberger's JUCO career. That's a perfectly legal transaction. We met with the NCAA, produced the tapes and accounting records. LSU has not "consistently" used rogue services in order to steer recruits. In fact, NONE of the names accused of knowing Lyles personally and following his persuasion ended up going to LSU.

Oregon paid $25K for whatever it is they got. They are being investigated for the Lyles stuff. LSU is in the clear and that case is closed.

You're still going down on September 24th.

This thread is so EPIC and full of INFORMATION that it needs a recap at this point. Here are the crib notes................

1) UNC cheats on the reg in both football and hoops. However, UNC is a far superior academic institution than that of Alabama.

2) All the schools in the SEC west cheat in order to try and keep up with how dominant Alabama is.

3) Alabama NEVER cheats.

4) Despite Bear Bryant paying for players back in the day, it isnt considered cheating because EVERY school was doing it at the time. Now days, a ton of schools still cheat, but Alabama of course does not. Basically, if Alabama does something it IS NOT CHEATING and its ok for everyone else to do it. However, if Alabama does not do something and another school does, it is therefore considered cheating because Alabama isnt doing it.

5) LSU cheats but, only a little bit. They dont have to cheat too hard to keep up with Alabama because Louisiana is loaded with more football talent than Texas, Florida, and California combined.

6) The U is really nothing more than homecoming fodder built up into a powerhouse by illegal contributions to players by a couple of dirty boosters.

7) The U should be in the FCS where it belongs. A small private school simply can not maintain a major football program without cheating hard as hell.

8) Hardcore college football fans are hillarious.

How could I forget...............

9) Auburn cheats harder than any school in the country and just recently won a championship despite cheating for 50 years in an attempt to win a title.

[video=youtube;GtV9Oorn60w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtV9Oorn60w[/video]

[video=youtube;xzQlnXMIZx0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzQlnXMIZx0&feature=related[/video]

What was that Irvin was driving again?

[video=youtube;sZajh_WY_nQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZajh_WY_nQ[/video]

So basically, they found a way for the athletes to purchase textbooks on their own accounts, textbooks for classes they probably didnt even have, and they simply sold those textbooks to students for straight profit. Nice. They dont find a way to pay players though. This wasnt really cheating either, because obviously if Alabama was doing it, EVERY school was doing it and Auburn was probably where the scheme was first cooked up.

This thread is so EPIC and full of INFORMATION that it needs a recap at this point. Here are the crib notes................

1) UNC cheats on the reg in both football and hoops. However, UNC is a far superior academic institution than that of Alabama.

2) All the schools in the SEC west cheat in order to try and keep up with how dominant Alabama is.

3) Alabama NEVER cheats.

4) Despite Bear Bryant paying for players back in the day, it isnt considered cheating because EVERY school was doing it at the time. Now days, a ton of schools still cheat, but Alabama of course does not. Basically, if Alabama does something it IS NOT CHEATING and its ok for everyone else to do it. However, if Alabama does not do something and another school does, it is therefore considered cheating because Alabama isnt doing it.

5) LSU cheats but, only a little bit. They dont have to cheat too hard to keep up with Alabama because Louisiana is loaded with more football talent than Texas, Florida, and California combined.

6) The U is really nothing more than homecoming fodder built up into a powerhouse by illegal contributions to players by a couple of dirty boosters.

7) The U should be in the FCS where it belongs. A small private school simply can not maintain a major football program without cheating hard as hell.

8) Hardcore college football fans are hillarious.

9) I was doing a substance with some other guys who were doing substances in an apartment. They weren't in class. That's where I learned everything I need to know about college football. And therefore every student athlete in college football is in someone's apartment doing substances rather than being in class. They're all so busy cheating, it's a wonder any of them even have time to play football.

10) I have no affiliation or reverence for any university. I don't even like college football. I just bash whatever college happens to be the topic of conversation for that particular thread because the Dolphins are so bad, and bashing them gets old after a while.

You left out a few of the highlights.... fixed it for you...:lol:

Every team cheats except our own. It sucks because my team got caught practicing to much but you couldn't tell looking on the field. F**king RichRod. Why didn't he choose Alabama? :lol:

This thread has to be Thread of the Year.

Somebody with knowledge give us all the lowdown on when/where/how Alabama cheated.

:lol:

Albert Means never played a single down for Alabama, Cam Newton DID play for Auburn. Not only that, he was allowed to be REINSTATED after the NCAA had ruled him ineligible through Mike Slive cutting a deal by finding a loophole in the SEC bylaws.

Furthermore, the Albert Means case was an instance where a SINGLE booster supposedly paid Albert Means' high school coach.. it had nothing to do with Alabama. Just like the Cam Newton case, a "money trail" was never found in the Means case, Alabama cooperated fully with the investigation, yet we still got hit hard. Cam Newton and Auburn have somehow managed to escape it.... so far.

The alledged money that changed hands in the Means case by the FBI was $30,000..... not the $180,000 that the Knewtons got.

Once again, I think you have it backwards. The Cam Newton case makes Albert Means look like a welfare case. The Newton case goes all the way to banks, politicians, Bobby Lowder, and several others.

Alabama didn't "almost get the death penalty" for Albert Means.... the whole "staring down the barrell of a gun" that the NCAA tried to threaten Alabama with was nothing more than puffing their chest out. They had nothing. NOTHING.

Also, I wasn't linking LSU with Auburn in the form of non-compliance with the NCAA's investigation. LSU is linked to Oregon and Auburn through the dvd's they purchased from Lyles. Lyles admitted to influencing kids to go to Oregon for money, which automatically linked LSU to the investigation.

The Lyles investigation and the Hicks investigation were two seperate investigations. LSU cooperated with the Lyles investigation and didn't cover anything up, which is where Oregon, Ohio St., and Georgia Tech all blew it.

LSU handled the Hicks incident as well as they could have. They were proactive and self reported the violation. However, they were still hit with one year probation, recruiting restrictions, and loss of a couple scholarships.

Auburn is in a class of their own when it comes to cheating.

Wow Dr. Slimm. I almost hate that I found this bro.

http://espn.go.com/columns/wojnarowski_adrian/1321318.html

If repeat offenders like Alabama and Minnesota don't get it, where these unbelievable violations are a pattern for years and years, who's going to get it?"

Chances are, it'll be some poor, foolish school that isn't counted upon to contribute it's millions to the money making machine. When the NCAA Infractions Committee released its sentence of scholarship cuts and bowl bans for University of Alabama football on Friday, its chairman Thomas Yeager said: "They were absolutely staring down the barrel of a gun," insisting his committee strongly considered the death penalty.

All the NCAA committee confirmed is that Alabama boosters paid a Memphis high school coach $115,000 to steer an defensive lineman to Tuscaloosa

Good lord, $115,000 for an defensive lineman? Are you kidding? It leaves you wondering what quarterbacks and running backs cost in the SEC

For Alabama football, this is third hearing before the infractions committee in six years -- and the second time they were found guilty of major infractions. Those payments were just the sexiest in a long list of violations. Ultimately, this is the price of business in the SEC, where big-time cheating for big-time sports is all but written into the school charters.

Since 1990, eight SEC football programs have been punished for major violations. Just understand: They had to be so blatantly cheating for the NCAA to bother investigating them. Maybe the major conferences will toss out a Mississippi State or a Texas Tech, because they don't want the true sources of this billion dollar industry to be treated too harshly. This has been true for decades, and it never changes.

Cheat much?

You left out a few of the highlights.... fixed it for you...:lol:

Damn bro. That was a bit harsh. And for the record, I never did any substance with those guys. It also was not an apartment. It was a house. A friend of mine had 3 other roomates. One of his roomates, happened to be a bartender/businessman. I had nothing to do with that ****. I simply had knowledge of the situation.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sp...alabama-is-ncaas-most-consistent-cheater.html

Hate that I found this as well. All I did was type in Alabama football cheating into the search engine and its loaded full of articles on how corrupt the program is.

I was typing that last post before I read that you had just requested someone find where Alabama cheats. Well, here ya go.

Listen, Slimm, that was kinda harsh your last post. Why get personal like that? Its just football. And this thread is hillarious.

Wow Dr. Slimm. I almost hate that I found this bro.

http://espn.go.com/columns/wojnarowski_adrian/1321318.html

Cheat much?

The numbers are wrong first of all. The FBI confirmed it was $30,000. Alabama didn't pay the coach, Logan Young did.

Which was my point about every program in the country being ONE rogue booster away from all hell breaking loose. The boosters have nothing to lose and everything to gain. The program is the one that gets stuck in the mud regardless. That's what has to change.

There has to be a way to punish the players (forfeiture of scholarship, paying back the difference) if they get caught taking illegal benefits.. A way to punish dirty coaches that are involved in cover ups when they KNOW of infractions (ban 'em for all I care)... and a way to punish rogue boosters and agents that pursue these kids and seek them out like prey (jail time, fines, license revoking, etc.)...

That "major" infraction, was Antonio Langham signing his name on a napkin in a restraunt.

And I do like college football somewhat. And I root for Alabama. I really dont care if they cheat. I dont bother to try and defend it. All these schools cheat like Ive said all along in this thread. And that REALITY has nothing to do with noticing first hand cheating going on at WVU. Its just a simple fact of life. College football is BIG BUSINESS. There is a **** ton of money to be made off these kids. People are going to cheat. The whole system is corrupt. Deal with it. And quit trying to act like your team dosent cheat while everyone else does.

Back
Top Bottom