NCAA eyes booster's claims Miami players took cash | Page 24 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NCAA eyes booster's claims Miami players took cash

For the large amount of press this got, nothing has really come up from it...

Don't the Canes play next week? If this season cancellation and death penalty BS is going to happen something should happen this week right?

Well, none of that bs is going to happen. If we get penalized, it won't be for awhile since there's so much **** to sift through.

As for the media, it never should of gotten to this point in the first place. Athletes taking free food and drinks, oh the horror.

Don't the Canes play next week? If this season cancellation and death penalty BS is going to happen something should happen this week right?

No. Season cannot be cancelled at this point because other teams would have no way to fill that vacant week, other teams as well as Miami have already spent hundreds of thousands on air travel, hotels, etc. If anything is cancelled it would be the bowl game if in fact we do see a bowl ban.

Some things I got today:

Clint Hurrt is guilty as charged. Probably worse than what we've heard. However, Randy didn't know everything that was going down. But he did know that Hurtt was associating with Shapiro after Randy told him to stop. Shapiro attempted to have Shannon fired on three separate occasions.

Joe Pa says he's clean and never took anything from Shapiro. But Joe Pa knew that a few players were running around with Shapiro.

Randy has been interviewed by the NCAA and made it very clear that he wanted nothing to do with Shapiro and distanced himself and coaches from Shapiro.

We might see player suspensions...a few. No TV ban because the NCAA understands how much money they would lose there. I don't think I need to even tell you that there won't be a death penalty. Bowl ban is possibly but with full cooperation it's probably only going to be a year. Lost scholarships but not as many as we might think.

Most of this stuff came from a guy high up in the Murray State athletic department FWIW.

Yeah, I know that the season can't be cancelled now. I'm just addressing all the morons who were clamoring to shut down Miami football this season when this stuff came out.
:bobdole:

I can't feel too sorry for Chris Robinson and Yahoo Sports for taking the word of a liar...

I can take a 1 year bowl ban and a few scholarships. As for Clint Hurtt, like I said before, always had a feeling about that guy. But I do question how serious it really is. Shapiro gave him $5,000, we know that, but we also know he payed Shapiro back. No proof out there to corroborate the claims that the money was to show recruits a good time. So perhaps they should look more into suspending Hurtt for taking a loan from a booster.

The NCAA takes their time... the Canes will probably be unaffected this season either way

The NCAA takes their time... the Canes will probably be unaffected this season either way
This depends on what school you are. They only spent 5 months on Ohio State; however, there is still an ongoing investigation there. USC was what? 5 years? For Miami, I expect this to go at least a year and wouldn't be surprised if it went longer. The NCAA has to figure out a way to avoid something like this happening again so I am sure they'll dig deep and be thorough.

Any more news/rumors as to the status of any of the 8 that were ruled ineligible?

Any more news/rumors as to the status of any of the 8 that were ruled ineligible?

None that I've heard. We expect to hear something by tomorrow afternoon. Could be pushed to Wednesday afternoon, though.

Only person that I've been told is absolutely in the clear is Olivier Vernon and that came from his father. But even still, I don't even know how comfortable I am with that.

Suspensions:

Vernon: 6
Armstrong: 4
Dye: 4
Harris: 1
Spence: 1
Ojomo: 1
Benjamin: 1
Forston: 1

Apparently the NCAA says they can link Vernon to $1200 taken. Dad is furious.

The positive thing about these suspensions is that it's going to be very difficult to hit Miami with "Lack of Institutional Control" based on so fee suspensions.

Suspensions:

Vernon: 6
Armstrong: 4
Dye: 4
Harris: 1
Spence: 1
Ojomo: 1
Benjamin: 1
Forston: 1

Apparently the NCAA says they can link Vernon to $1200 taken. Dad is furious.

The positive thing about these suspensions is that it's going to be very difficult to hit Miami with "Lack of Institutional Control" based on so fee suspensions.

And Aldarius Johnson is suspended indefinitely for violating team rules. All in all, thats not so bad. Most key guys will only be out one game.

Back
Top Bottom