Ndamukong Suh Thinks Miami Dolphins Run Play Breakdown Is Funny | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ndamukong Suh Thinks Miami Dolphins Run Play Breakdown Is Funny

I don't have a problem with Suh doing that. He was good against the run, played a phenomenal percentage of snaps, was always healthy, and gave maximum effort (ala Deadpool). So he DID his job … it was the rest of the defense that didn't. It's not his fault we signed him to an unrealistically high contract. It's also not any knock on him that he was hoping to finish that contract … he filled his end of the bargain. So, when we cut him before his most lucrative years, I don't blame him one bit for being hurt. I don't blame him one bit for pointing out that where he used to be we had poor run solutions. I would feel the same way he has.

This is different from Landry's stance, IMHO. Suh held up his end of the bargain … we agreed to his big payday … then changed our minds when it was time to pay what we agreed to pay. He didn't just lambast his teammates, he pointed out that he was missed. And, he was right. Landry expected something dramatically unrealistic, which we never came close to agreeing to provide, and ultimately got his payday and was hurt that he wasn't valued by us as highly as he wanted to be valued. But, we never promised him silly money. We did promise that to Suh.

Ndamukong Suh thinks the Miami Dolphins giving up a 71-yard run in the preseason is funny.Preach

More to the point, he obviously thinks the touchdown run by Christian McCaffrey that went between defensive end Cameron Wake and defensive tackle Akeem Spence in last week’s preseason loss to Carolina is worthy of a public “lol.”

That was Suh or someone with access to Suh’s Instagram account commenting on the NFL’s Instagram featuring the replay of McCaffrey’s run

Last year, with Suh playing 81 percent of the plays, the Carolina Panthers rushed for 294 yards against Miami. They had a 69 yard run. And a 43 yard run.

It wasn’t funny then. It’s still not funny, Ndamukong.

http://amp.miamiherald.com/sports/s...ticle217005960.html?__twitter_impression=true

I’d sure be wasting my time watching Miami pre season games if I where him. It’s not like I’m going to be part of the best DT tandem in the last 25+ years. I’d be worrying about how I was going to make the Rams the best team possible. As great as he is the Rams are his 3rd team, and players as good as him don’t go to 3 teams in there prime. Unless there is something wrong with there attitude.

Boom this is the season for the rubber to hit the road. Boy I am ready to win or hit that next coach whoever will finally be the answer. We are moving forward one way or the other.

While I totally agree with you that is what SHOULD happen, this team will never finally have the answer until Ross either sells it and we get a smart owner or Ross brings in a top shelf GM and stops buying into with the current crop is selling him. He doesn't get a pass on not being part of the problem.....we all can see that the FO is a bunch of clowns - that Ross doesn't or refuses to make wholesale changes after years of poor decisions and play marks him as either too willing to stand by ineffective people he's hired into those positions or too stupid to realize it. Sure, he's good with money as his business success proves but the years of his ownership have been downright embarrassing from all the FO crap & hirings he's put in place or allowed to be put in place. He's just not a good evaluator of the sport or the kind of people needed and needs to realize it....sadly, I don't think he ever will and that will doom us until he kicks the bucket or sells to an effective owner.

That's an issue with him being a billionaire....he thinks he can just throw money at the problem and fix it. He also probably thinks he knows better than anyone else (since he's rich and successful) and sees any criticism of him or his being part of the problem as not valid. And no one probably has the fortitude or balls to tell it to him like it is.....so we continue to be in a quagmire.

The Ross/Tannebaum combo (and you can throw Grier into that) will never prove fruitful or lead us to being a dependable contender with possible dreams of a new dynasty. They are all football stupid....horrible signings, draft choices, etc....and even when we make a marquee signing like Suh, they ridiculously overpay and set the franchise back years because of it. Don't even get me started on the $10 million wasted on Cutler.

It's actually a major part of the continual mired in mediocrity existence of this team.

Last edited:
While I totally agree with you that is what SHOULD happen, this team will never finally have the answer until Ross either sells it or brings in a top shelf GM. The Ross/Tannebaum combo (and you can throw Grier into that) will never prove fruitful or lead us to being a dependable contender with possible dreams of a new dynasty. They are all football stupid.

Regretfully I have to for the most part agree.

Ross is clueless as an N F L owner.

TBum I think is kinda almost already on his way out.

Gase? I'm totally from Missouri.

Thill? Pretty much the same. But I love his (at least preinjury) athleticism.

But let the dreamers dream...

Eh, I'm going to be honest: I can't really be upset with Suh here. After the team got rid of Suh, they basically said "yeah we wanted to improve the locker room culture." Which is bullshit. They got rid of Suh because they horribly mismanaged his contract and the salary cap.

So if he's miffed by that, then I don't blame him.

This is a little bit different from Landry's ongoing titty attack.

I feel like something going on w Adam and some of player leaving Miami. Adam better won more than 6 game or ex player will be talking trash to dolphins

Eh, I'm going to be honest: I can't really be upset with Suh here. After the team got rid of Suh, they basically said "yeah we wanted to improve the locker room culture." Which is bullshit. They got rid of Suh because they horribly mismanaged his contract and the salary cap.

So if he's miffed by that, then I don't blame him.

This is a little bit different from Landry's ongoing titty attack.

Don't forget the 'we're going to be an attacking line that can't afford to have 1 guy eating up 85% of the snaps' or whatever that backhanded bullshit was. And then the guy who wrote the article saying 'how do you bench that contract?' or whatever equally offensive nonsense that was. I'd go back and make sure but that was the jist and that article doesn't deserve seeing the light of day ever again.

I know they can't just come out and say 'we really ****ed the fatty on that one' but trying to pin it on Suh was the opposite of what a solid organization does.

My perspective. Suh is a legit N F L FORCE @DT.

But he was NOT the 1 piece puzzle solution some had hoped for.

The $$$$$ ???

Was insane.

Another low-class move from former player with questionable character, sounds like Gase had them pegged pretty well
"Questionable character"? Hardly. He had personal foul issues in Detroit, but none of that in Miami and was a relative choirboy off the field. Despite being misused in Miami, he played his ass off here. Gase and Tannenbaum's release of Suh combined with Miami basically ignoring the interior d-line in the offseason shows that they blamed Suh for the defense's poor run defense. If you had an employer let you go and insinuate that you were responsible for major mistakes, and then you saw the next year that company keeps making the same mistakes, you wouldn't "LOL"? C'mon, man!

Someone on social media argued that our D was ranked #21 the season before Suh arrived and then in the Bottom 5 all of his 3 years here. If true, as dynamic a player as he was, he didn't really move the defensive needle - at least to the right.

And yeah he was a terrific player and good teammate, but with most everything, or everyone else, from a perspective standpoint, it's hard to see the forrest for the trees when you are standing smack dab in the middle of it vs the clarity that forms with time & distance.

Back
Top Bottom