Ndamukong Suh Thinks Miami Dolphins Run Play Breakdown Is Funny | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ndamukong Suh Thinks Miami Dolphins Run Play Breakdown Is Funny

The team indirectly acknowledged that they made a mistake by signing him to that contract/extension/restructure and decided to take the pain up front with the salary cap to set the team up to have more room in the future. There were several decisions made in regards to the salary cap that sets the team up to have more than $86 million available in 2020. https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/miami-dolphins/

The "massive" cap hits only happen this season and next ($9.1 million this year and $13.1 million in 2019), allowing them a ton of flexibility in 2020 and beyond. It is TBD if we have less overall talent between the DL and LB corps with the new players being slotted to get significant playing time. I think it will be a wash by the end of the season but I will have to patiently wait to see. There are a lot of moving parts to the equation and it is difficult to gauge what is going to happen after two preseason games. Is the offense going to be better, thus taking some of the pressure off the defense? Are the LB's and secondary able to make for any deficiencies in the DL? Is the pass rush going to be average? I could continue but I think I have made my point.

They tried to scheme to his strengths but didn't have the LB corps and DL personnel to make a difference. They have attempted to address this with the LB's and DL's but the preseason results don't appear to be paying dividends since they still have a problem stopping the run and covering the TE. We will have to wait and see if they get better between now and the regular season or even the end of the season to see what the needs will be going into the 2019 season. If the defense ends up ranked the same or slightly better than last year, I will consider it a wash. If they end up significantly worse, they tried and failed and coaches/front office will need to be accountable for it.

I am not a negative person by nature, I tend to look for the positives in any situation and learn from and move on from the negatives. I couldn't have survived more than 40 years as Dolphins fan by dwelling on the shortcomings of the team if I wasn't. I also try to avoid knee-jerk reactions and prefer to look at situations from other perspectives when I am not emotionally high or low and make a rational judgement. I guess that is why I am an accountant by trade.

I don't agree but good post.

As far as the cap goes, we'll see how much room there is when 2020 actually comes.

The concept of taking $22 million in cap hits for a productive player no longer on the team giving you more flexibility in the future is purely rationalizing the culmination of bad decisions. And I don't know why massive is in quotes because it is literally the biggest dead hits ever.

I can do the hypotheticals too, but that's neither here nor there. Doesn't prove or disprove.

I'm not overly negative myself ... just learned by now to call a spade a spade.

Good response. Appreciated.

I don't agree but good post.

And I don't know why massive is in quotes because it is literally the biggest dead hits ever.

Good response. Appreciated.

Good point. I shouldn't have put it in quotes and stressed that the cap hits are only for two years instead of a few years.

Actually your premise was a backhanded response to Suh. The sad part was he is the last person from last year who should be trashed.

Suh didn't ask to be traded. He did nothing but do his job between the lines on Sunday. Can you say the same of the personnel left behind?

But there were also reports in his early days here of him freelancing and disregarding defensive calls. And I doubt that was the only issue of him doing that.

Suh is a beast, but his LOL could be offensive to some of his ex teammates. That’s the only part that irritates me. He played with these guys. Many of them had his back. They really can’t like him laughing at their poor play without him. Not that with him was anything stellar in the run D.

Suh is a beast, but his LOL could be offensive to some of his ex teammates. That’s the only part that irritates me. He played with these guys. Many of them had his back. They really can’t like him laughing at their poor play without him. Not that with him was anything stellar in the run D.
Agreed. His teammates didn’t decide to cut him.

Actually your premise was a backhanded response to Suh. The sad part was he is the last person from last year who should be trashed.

Suh didn't ask to be traded. He did nothing but do his job between the lines on Sunday. Can you say the same of the personnel left behind?
what did we get in trade for Suh.

If you think Suh, who accounted for 2 blockers a majority of the time is responsible for the overall play of the defense, your absolutely loco homie. Suh wasn't the problem, sadly Davie has no real solutions.

He was on the field on a majority of plays the last couple of years - and the defense still sucked - you keep telling yourself he wasn't a part of the problem!!

sigh, the only way to look at it was, we lost suh to borrow cutler. That's a goddamn horrible decision. We honestly could've rolled the dice with Kape and at least had an even more interesting season with a QB who gives a damn.

The "shut the **** up" for Suh is right there in the OP. Lovely stuff.

Can we include similar STFU caliber comments in the OP of future Jarvis Landry threads?

Don't think he was even on the field for the 43 yarder and was triple-teamed on the 69 yarder. It was Wake who really botched that one. Well, him and Alonso, but that goes without saying.

Looking back at that Carolina game, Suh most certainly wasn't the problem. Our LBs were godawful. Fortunately, we've fixed that, so everything should be fine. We had the 14th ranked run defense with him, so surely we'll be higher without him.

But I get the point. No reason for that comment by him. He got paid and he lands in a bigger market. No need for it.

The X's and O's guys probably have responded to this but what I see as a clear problem is the DTs, even with Suh was here, don't play with discipline. It's always like they're trying to get sacks and forget gap responsibilities. As a result, leaving giant running lanes.

Also the thing with speed rushers like Wake and now Quinn is you can always invite them upfield thus leaving a natural running lane between that G and T position.

Back
Top Bottom