Ndamukong Suh Thinks Miami Dolphins Run Play Breakdown Is Funny | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ndamukong Suh Thinks Miami Dolphins Run Play Breakdown Is Funny

Actually your premise was a backhanded response to Suh. The sad part was he is the last person from last year who should be trashed.

Suh didn't ask to be traded. He did nothing but do his job between the lines on Sunday. Can you say the same of the personnel left behind?
Seriously, I hope you aren't hurting yourself in jumping to conclusions about what I didn't say or meant.

To avoid being "backhanded" as you put it I will be very clear. Suh was a selfish player in Detroit and repeated the same behavior in Miami. Someone that was brought in to be a leader on the team (and paid like one) never embraced the role and failed to make those around him better. He trained away from the team facilities and didn't form any type of camaraderie with his teammates, which led the team to part ways with him.

The team made a business decision to release him and to get out from under the stupid contract that they signed him to. The team is now in better shape with the salary cap and can hopefully bring in the players in the next off season in free agency and the draft that we are lacking now. Until then, we have to play with the guys we have and scheme to their strengths and away from their weaknesses. Will they do that? That remains to be seen but the early results don't look promising.

I like godchaux but he looks like a #2 ceiling type. Vincent Taylor a #3

But it is dt and for my money one of the most developmental and hard to predict positions in the game.

Seriously, I hope you aren't hurting yourself in jumping to conclusions about what I didn't say or meant.

To avoid being "backhanded" as you put it I will be very clear. Suh was a selfish player in Detroit and repeated the same behavior in Miami. Someone that was brought in to be a leader on the team (and paid like one) never embraced the role and failed to make those around him better. He trained away from the team facilities and didn't form any type of camaraderie with his teammates, which led the team to part ways with him.

The team made a business decision to release him and to get out from under the stupid contract that they signed him to. The team is now in better shape with the salary cap and can hopefully bring in the players in the next off season in free agency and the draft that we are lacking now. Until then, we have to play with the guys we have and scheme to their strengths and away from their weaknesses. Will they do that? That remains to be seen but the early results don't look promising.

He has never been a "leader". Bringing him to Davie with such expectations weren't because of anything Suh said or did, it was Davie and fanbase expectations that set that premise.

And no I'm not hurting myself. Just pointing out the absurdities of certain logic around here is all.

The Suh contract was a fair one. It’s the price you pay to get an elite talent in his prime that you did not draft because you have a shitty track record of drafting elite players.

Sure it’s a business decision . . .the same kind that was made when restructured the deal to give these cap mishandlers more rope to hang themselves . . . And the conclusion becomes “well look at his cap number we can’t keep him”.

Don’t let the front office off for this . . . They completely **** the bed and in return they give out contracts to Mario Williams, Kiko Alonso, Andre Branch, jay cutler and Julius Thomas .

These dudes have no business restructuring anybody and then cutting their best player leaving that amount of dead cap. They should not be given the right to **** up so bad.

Suh wasn't the problem, sadly Davie has no real solutions.
Well, he wasn't the solution either.
In Suh’s three seasons Miami ranked 28th against the run (2015), 30th (2016) and 14th (2017). If we're gonna suck against the run, at least we can afford a couple extra bodies elsewhere...

Regarding that last paragraph ...

What business signs someone to a contract like that only to extend and release him during the year of the biggest cap hit? Are we Equifax now?

How are we in better shape with less talent and massive cap hits the next few seasons?

Did they scheme Suh to his strengths or just let him be doubled and hope the jags around him picked up the slack?

I posed them as questions as to not jump to conclusions.

I believe the perfect response to Suh would have been to post the play where Carolina didn’t even attempt to block him and Suh went stumbling to the ground and Carolina ran right into his vacated gap.

Now that was an LOL on national TV!!!

Double team Suh on “every play” yeah right.

I cannot believe this entire thread, people calling him LOW CLASS or having strong negative feelings toward him, is all because he wrote "lol" on instagram or some ****.

Get a ****ing grip.

agreed, he was just too expensive

I don't hate this, I just think that he is like gunning for us a little there.

we SHOULD be able to find a guy to occupy 2 blockers for a lot less than 14 million.

we'll see how this scheme plays out. will there be a withering pass rush that makes a sub-par
run defense worth it?

its a shame that we couldn't use Suh better, but when you draft poorly and your owner has
a boner for a big FA splash this is what happens.

Regarding that last paragraph ...

What business signs someone to a contract like that only to extend and release him during the year of the biggest cap hit? Are we Equifax now?

How are we in better shape with less talent and massive cap hits the next few seasons?

Did they scheme Suh to his strengths or just let him be doubled and hope the jags around him picked up the slack?

I posed them as questions as to not jump to conclusions.

The team indirectly acknowledged that they made a mistake by signing him to that contract/extension/restructure and decided to take the pain up front with the salary cap to set the team up to have more room in the future. There were several decisions made in regards to the salary cap that sets the team up to have more than $86 million available in 2020. https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/miami-dolphins/

The "massive" cap hits only happen this season and next ($9.1 million this year and $13.1 million in 2019), allowing them a ton of flexibility in 2020 and beyond. It is TBD if we have less overall talent between the DL and LB corps with the new players being slotted to get significant playing time. I think it will be a wash by the end of the season but I will have to patiently wait to see. There are a lot of moving parts to the equation and it is difficult to gauge what is going to happen after two preseason games. Is the offense going to be better, thus taking some of the pressure off the defense? Are the LB's and secondary able to make for any deficiencies in the DL? Is the pass rush going to be average? I could continue but I think I have made my point.

They tried to scheme to his strengths but didn't have the LB corps and DL personnel to make a difference. They have attempted to address this with the LB's and DL's but the preseason results don't appear to be paying dividends since they still have a problem stopping the run and covering the TE. We will have to wait and see if they get better between now and the regular season or even the end of the season to see what the needs will be going into the 2019 season. If the defense ends up ranked the same or slightly better than last year, I will consider it a wash. If they end up significantly worse, they tried and failed and coaches/front office will need to be accountable for it.

I am not a negative person by nature, I tend to look for the positives in any situation and learn from and move on from the negatives. I couldn't have survived more than 40 years as Dolphins fan by dwelling on the shortcomings of the team if I wasn't. I also try to avoid knee-jerk reactions and prefer to look at situations from other perspectives when I am not emotionally high or low and make a rational judgement. I guess that is why I am an accountant by trade.

Ndamukong Suh thinks the Miami Dolphins giving up a 71-yard run in the preseason is funny.

More to the point, he obviously thinks the touchdown run by Christian McCaffrey that went between defensive end Cameron Wake and defensive tackle Akeem Spence in last week’s preseason loss to Carolina is worthy of a public “lol.”

That was Suh or someone with access to Suh’s Instagram account commenting on the NFL’s Instagram featuring the replay of McCaffrey’s run

Last year, with Suh playing 81 percent of the plays, the Carolina Panthers rushed for 294 yards against Miami. They had a 69 yard run. And a 43 yard run.

It wasn’t funny then. It’s still not funny, Ndamukong.

http://amp.miamiherald.com/sports/s...ticle217005960.html?__twitter_impression=true

Burn. Add that to Cleveland's 83 yards passing against the Bills (Tyrod Taylor 4/7 for 22 yards) with zero catches, one offensive PI, and one dirty block for Landry and you have a stellar twitter performance from two twits.

Back
Top Bottom