NE players reveal Cam Newton lost QB job more than Mac Jones earned it. FINS will eat | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NE players reveal Cam Newton lost QB job more than Mac Jones earned it. FINS will eat

That's not what I'm saying. Let me elaborate. If Cam was the best option going into the off season, and BB didn't have confidence in having the draft capital to move up, or that a QB they wanted would be available in the first 3 rounds that FIT their system, then yeah it's feasible.

Cam was well known for improvising with his legs because his progressions and reads weren't great. No huddle encompasses that to a degree.

The reports of Mac Jones helping Cam with the playbook was leaked by current players. It's not that BB isn't competent to evaluate Mac vs Cam. I'm not sold on Cam being that out of touch with the playbook. However, it reflects more on coaches and staff than Cam if they knew Cam didn't know the playbook like he should, and hid his inadequacies last year with limited play calling. How many times did Newton call his own number at the line? Many.
I heard Mac was helping Cam with algebra too.

It's interesting that it would appear Mac Jones by default was given the starting job because Newton didn't know the playbook and wasn't able to run no huddle.

Mac Jones knew more of the playbook than Cam. That didn't mean he's ready.
I don't believe that. Dude was in the system last year and Cam is one of the smartest qb out there

For years we have heard that Cam Newton has a very high football IQ. However, seriously how dumb is he when the rookie QB is allegedly having to help him the learn the playbook.
Allegedly. Someone has an ax to grind

I don't believe that. Dude was in the system last year and Cam is one of the smartest qb out there

I don't know about smartest. But he was absolutely in the system last year and all of a sudden he's having problems getting the same system? Come on!

I don't know about smartest. But he was absolutely in the system last year and all of a sudden he's having problems getting the same system? Come on!

I agree there's more to the story as well, though I think for different reasons.

Everything I read, Vegas lines, everything had Newton as #1 starting the season.

I don't know how short the leash was. I don't know if he barely was #1. But it appeared he was.

Then he gets put in a certain protocol again. This protocol will remain nameless as I don't want to get banned or warned.

Once in the protocol again, rumors started, articles started and all of a sudden his 5 day absence opened the door and he might lose the starting job to Jones.

In my line of work there's no such thing as coincidences.

Newton caused them a headache, he had no intention of fixing the headache from happening again, he got the headache at the last minute.

The team IMO decided to remove the headache and see what the rookie has.

The only difference is, unlike Urban Meyer, they smartly didn't state they removed him because of not wanting to fix his headache problem.

I agree there's more to the story as well, though I think for different reasons.

Everything I read, Vegas lines, everything had Newton as #1 starting the season.

I don't know how short the leash was. I don't know if he barely was #1. But it appeared he was.

Then he gets put in a certain protocol again. This protocol will remain nameless as I don't want to get banned or warned.

Once in the protocol again, rumors started, articles started and all of a sudden his 5 day absence opened the door and he might lose the starting job to Jones.

In my line of work there's no such thing as coincidences.

Newton caused them a headache, he had no intention of fixing the headache from happening again, he got the headache at the last minute.

The team IMO decided to remove the headache and see what the rookie has.

The only difference is, unlike Urban Meyer, they smartly didn't state they removed him because of not wanting to fix his headache problem.

Defintely logical on one hand. But to start the season with no Vet QB behind the rookie that was part of TC is wild!

Cam Newton couldn't learn Urban Meyers playbook at Florida, which consisted of reading the DE or LB. Even Tebow , who could never adjust to the NFL defense could. It doesn't help that Von Miller reset Cam's playbook and he's never been the same.

Cam Newton couldn't learn Urban Meyers playbook at Florida, which consisted of reading the DE or LB. Even Tebow , who could never adjust to the NFL defense could. It doesn't help that Von Miller reset Cam's playbook and he's never been the same.
He was the MVP of the entire league a few years ago. So obviously he was good enough to do some things right in the NFL. Newton left Florida because of legal issues and not because he couldn’t learn the playbook.

He had no problem learning the playbook at Auburn, where he led the Tigers to the national championship in 2010.

Just because he has different WR’s this year means absolutely nothing. Jones had the same WR’s as Newton did in training camp this year. Also with last year being Newton’s first with the Patriots, it was also the first time he played with the WR’s on the Patriots last year.

I really don’t understand the point you are trying to make by showing that the WR’s are different this year than they were last year.
Thats a whole diff wr set just letting you know.

He was the MVP of the entire league a few years ago. So obviously he was good enough to do some things right in the NFL. Newton left Florida because of legal issues and not because he couldn’t learn the playbook.

He had no problem learning the playbook at Auburn, where he led the Tigers to the national championship in 2010.
You're fooling yourself friend, Cam has always been a one look and run guy. I was here when Cam got his walking papers, he couldn't win the job. Auburn had an OL, killer defense and running backs for distraction. Cam did win MVP award, but has lost confidence, and has not recently put in the work necessary to be successful. He did that here too. You might think there is nothing to the playbook rumors but if I know Bellecheat, you don't put in the work your fired. The Cheatriots ran a more simplified Offense with Cam there and when they shut down the run and made him beat you with the pass... Well the record speaks for itself.

You're fooling yourself friend, Cam has always been a one look and run guy. I was here when Cam got his walking papers, he couldn't win the job. Auburn had an OL, killer defense and running backs for distraction. Cam did win MVP award, but has lost confidence, and has not recently put in the work necessary to be successful. He did that here too. You might think there is nothing to the playbook rumors but if I know Bellecheat, you don't put in the work your fired. The Cheatriots ran a more simplified Offense with Cam there and when they shut down the run and made him beat you with the pass... Well the record speaks for itself.
I merely stated that Cam left Florida because of legal issues, which is true. He was the QB of the Auburn Tigers when they won the National Championship and he was the NFL league MVP as the QB if the Panthers. All of those are facts and I wasn’t fooling anyone including myself by stating those facts.

As far as you personally knowing Belichick, perhaps you can phone him up and ask him why he signed Newton to a new contract after last year if he knew Newton can’t learn a playbook and isn’t willing to put in the work to learn the playbook. Belichick must be getting senile if he signed him because he forgot how bad he was last year.

It should also be noted that in his Heisman year at Auburn, he ran for over 1500 hundred yards and passed for 30 TD’s with just 7 Ints. So obviously he had a lot more to do with winning that Championship than you want to give him credit for. He was much better in that one season at Auburn than Tebow ever was in any of his seasons at Florida. I guess based on that statistic, Tebow only won at Florida because of the defense , the OL and the RB’s they had while he was there. Because we all know Tebow always took off running if his primary receiver was covered. He was the ultimate one look and take off running QB of all time in college football.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom