NE players reveal Cam Newton lost QB job more than Mac Jones earned it. FINS will eat | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NE players reveal Cam Newton lost QB job more than Mac Jones earned it. FINS will eat

I merely stated that Cam left Florida because of legal issues, which is true. He was the QB of the Auburn Tigers when they won the National Championship and he was the NFL league MVP as the QB if the Panthers. All of those are facts and I wasn’t fooling anyone including myself by stating those facts.

As far as you personally knowing Belichick, perhaps you can phone him up and ask him why he signed Newton to a new contract after last year if he knew Newton can’t learn a playbook and isn’t willing to put in the work to learn the playbook. Belichick must be getting senile if he signed him because he forgot how bad he was last year.

It should also be noted that in his Heisman year at Auburn, he ran for over 1500 hundred yards and passed for 30 TD’s with just 7 Ints. So obviously he had a lot more to do with winning that Championship than you want to give him credit for. He was much better in that one season at Auburn than Tebow ever was in any of his seasons at Florida. I guess based on that statistic, Tebow only won at Florida because of the defense , the OL and the RB’s they had while he was there. Because we all know Tebow always took off running if his primary receiver was covered. He was the ultimate one look and take off running QB of all time in college football.
Touche', All of what you say is true, Bellecheck still cut him before the season. He may have been, but he's not now. Peace Brother.

Who cares. Let our D introduce that Jones kid to the NFL. Im expecting a win. It won't stop the media kiss arse merchants that suddenly think a static pocket passer rookie is going to get them to the playoffs. The more I hear pundits going back to their norm and backing the Pats the more I'm getting involved in this game. Tine to shut them up. I got the faith.

They just wanted to move on with the next chapter. Jones was drafted in the first for a reason. Cam not trash. When healthy that dude a beast
He hasn’t played at a high level in a long time. I don’t think he’s good any more.

The Dolphins have to make Jones Participate in this game. If they don’t it could be a long sad day. They have to stop the run and score points. That would make life very tough for Jones and the Patriots. If NE puts together long 3 yards and a cloud of dust drives with sprinkled in play action Miami is screwed. It’s the Jared Goff game plan, make the QB participate because his coaches don’t want that.

Agree with many of the sentiments on Cam, don't believe that he was ever a true student of the game.

It will be a tall order for Miami to consistently get after mac Jones while the NE oline is allowed to hold miami DL almost every passing down...sorry I will beat this drum until I see refs demonstrate otherwise

For years we have heard that Cam Newton has a very high football IQ. However, seriously how dumb is he when the rookie QB is allegedly having to help him learn the playbook.
It takes a lot of time to work on your end zone dance and what you will wear in that next post game interview that will shock the fashion world. Not much time left to study the playbook after that.

Never was a fan of Cam "superman dance" Newton. Act like you been there before ffs.

I'm getting old and grumpy.

It takes a lot of time to work on your end zone dance and what you will wear in that next post game interview that will shock the fashion world. Not much time left to study the playbook after that.

Never was a fan of Cam "superman dance" Newton. Act like you been there before ffs.

I'm getting old and grumpy.
You’re not alone.

Grates my nerves how so many players these days go into celebrations every time they do something normal. Part of why I dig Derrick Henry…even his amazing plays you’d think were a walk in the park based on his reactions. Humble beast.

Every report out of camp stated that Jones was the better player. He looked better in practice, consistently showed to be ahead of where many believed him to be, and he outplayed Newton in every preseason game.

None of this has to do with Newton outside of being the lesser of two when it comes to the gameplan for the Patriots. Jones was handpicked to take this spot in the 2021 NFL Draft and it’s now his time to do so. [/QUOTE]

For years we have heard that Cam Newton has a very high football IQ. However, seriously how dumb is he when the rookie QB is allegedly having to help him learn the playbook.
I never heard that. In fact, I think it was widely known that he wasn't all that bright.

Back
Top Bottom