NE players reveal Cam Newton lost QB job more than Mac Jones earned it. FINS will eat | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NE players reveal Cam Newton lost QB job more than Mac Jones earned it. FINS will eat

Of course to win any game in the NFL, you need to stop the run and score points. If you can do those two things, you are going to have success against every team in the NFL, whether they have a rookie QB or not.
Well yeah not to over simplify it. There are plenty of QB’s out there that can still kill you even if you stop the run. If I shut down Helaire I’m still shutting bricks, same if I shut down Moss and Singletary, or Arron Jones. I don’t believe Mac Jones is one of them. That’s the bigger point. The Dolphins need to make Mac Jones beat them. But even that is pretty obvious.

Before the draft, I recall the question was whether Mac Jones was going to go in Round 1. Some folks thought he’d go to the Pats, and others thought they might try to wait for round 2 hoping he was still there. But no matter what the prediction, few had him above the QBs taken before him.

And yet here we are days before the opener and word is he’s the next Tom Brady. Something doesn’t add up.

Before the draft, I recall the question was whether Mac Jones was going to go in Round 1. Some folks thought he’d go to the Pats, and others thought they might try to wait for round 2 hoping he was still there. But no matter what the prediction, few had him above the QBs taken before him.

And yet here we are days before the opener and word is he’s the next Tom Brady. Something doesn’t add up.
It’s the Pats. They get A+ for every draft, FA move, spy cam they install etc

I was thinking this as well. If Mac Jones went to any other team besides the Patriots, he wouldn't be touted as the second coming.

Newton was the QB of the Patriots last year and they have the same OC this year that they had last year. So I really don’t think him not knowing the play book was the reason he was released. He was released because Belichick obviously believes Jones is better than Newman and is ready to be the Patriots starting QB.

Other than Lawrence, I believe Jones was the best QB in the 2021 draft and I was hoping a team would draft him before he dropped to the Patriots. Unfortunately the Patriots were able to draft him and the Dolphins are going to have to deal with him for the next 10-15 years.
Sorry, he didn't know the playbook last year either.

Here is a Patriotswire article from December of 2020:

I was thinking this as well. If Mac Jones went to any other team besides the Patriots, he wouldn't be touted as the second coming.
i have said this over and over.

middle first round for mac jones?

any other team it would be WTF?!!?

pats reach and take him (when they could have had him later in the draft)?

THE SECOND COMING OF TAWM CRYBRADY

i have said this over and over.

middle first round for mac jones?

any other team it would be WTF?!!?

pats reach and take him (when they could have had him later in the draft)?

THE SECOND COMING OF TAWM CRYBRADY
No one had Mac Jones mid 1st. He was a 2nd to 4th projection. Tua was projected 1 overall before hip injury, yet he gets all the ****...

No one had Mac Jones mid 1st. He was a 2nd to 4th projection. Tua was projected 1 overall before hip injury, yet he gets all the ****...
absolutely correct, sir.

until shanahan started BSing everyone that he was considering Lance and Jones at number 3 overall, Jones was not a lock for the first round at all.

can you say MAJOR REACH

Does anybody think that before he was re signed, Bellecheat didn't sit him down and point out what he needed to work on? Doesn't anybody think that Cam got run out of town for being a cry diva, before in either his college career or the pro's? Why after all his accolades and accomplishments was he so toxic tha not one ****ing team was even willing to take a chance, until of course Bellecheat, who had very little choice, IMO. Talented? yes. Lazy? yep. Too much shite to deal with? Yes again. I almost want to see him run around the end against us again, it might not be pretty...

Cam just got cut yr earlier..jones was going get spot next yr anyway.. cam was better options to win week one but it sand on beach..jones might be good. It going take some time.

Back
Top Bottom