NE players reveal Cam Newton lost QB job more than Mac Jones earned it. FINS will eat | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NE players reveal Cam Newton lost QB job more than Mac Jones earned it. FINS will eat

Before the draft, I recall the question was whether Mac Jones was going to go in Round 1. Some folks thought he’d go to the Pats, and others thought they might try to wait for round 2 hoping he was still there. But no matter what the prediction, few had him above the QBs taken before him.

And yet here we are days before the opener and word is he’s the next Tom Brady. Something doesn’t add up.
Not exactly….there were insiders reporting the Niners were considering Mac at #3 overall because he fit Shannahan’s offense…so it wasn’t very likely he got out of round one.

Not exactly….there were insiders reporting the Niners were considering Mac at #3 overall because he fit Shannahan’s offense…so it wasn’t very likely he got out of round one.
That may have been a little trickeration.

That may have been a little trickeration.
Perhaps, but it doesn’t seem likely the Jags and Jets weren’t locked in on their QB’s.

Mac Jones performance thus far backs up that it was strongly considered at least…as Jones is more pro ready than Trey Lance.

Either way…Jones doesn’t get out of round one!

He was the MVP of the entire league a few years ago. So obviously he was good enough to do some things right in the NFL. Newton left Florida because of legal issues and not because he couldn’t learn the playbook.

He had no problem learning the playbook at Auburn, where he led the Tigers to the national championship in 2010.
Exactly. Someone has an ax to grind

Cam was let go for the money. He wasn't going to start and he's making too much for a non-vaccinated back up so BB said, **** him. Mac Jones is so overrated that it's crazy. He may do well for a while in the game because BB is a great game day coach but by the second half we'll have him frustrated. Mac will throw for 1 TD against 2 picks. If we can stop their run game and force Mac to beat us he could take a beating. If they can beat us with their run game it will truly be sickening to see. With all the picks and money that went into that front 7 they better do the job! If they hold up and make it tough sledding for NE on the ground we should win by a couple of TDs. If they can prevent us from running then life will be tough on offense. We must run the ball and stop the run, we do that the rest falls into place!

Cam was let go for the money. He wasn't going to start and he's making too much for a non-vaccinated back up so BB said, **** him. Mac Jones is so overrated that it's crazy. He may do well for a while in the game because BB is a great game day coach but by the second half we'll have him frustrated. Mac will throw for 1 TD against 2 picks. If we can stop their run game and force Mac to beat us he could take a beating. If they can beat us with their run game it will truly be sickening to see. With all the picks and money that went into that front 7 they better do the job! If they hold up and make it tough sledding for NE on the ground we should win by a couple of TDs. If they can prevent us from running then life will be tough on offense. We must run the ball and stop the run, we do that the rest falls into place!

Ideally, Miami needs to be up by 3 scores at half. Then, keep the foot on the gas until about 4 min left in the game

Essentially, learn from the Falcons fubar in Super Bowl LI

Its widely known that test is crap. Didnt the great Marino score like 10? He turned out ok. Players don't take it seriously.
Danny couldn't read a defense or make proper decisions out there... unlike Harvard grad and "Mr. 48" Ryan Fitzpatrick

Most important trait of all great QB's is being good at HS math

So glad it’s those bastards that have to deal with this drama and these questions 3 days before the game. Can’t wait to see Bill’s presser. Karma

Can I call you bbq

I just can't wait to see the final product from game 1 after the game is over.
It will only have been one game, But how Tua does against BB schemes will be an indicator of what we are getting for the season.

There is just something about Newton's smirk after completing a 3 yd pass that pisses me off every time.

i have said this over and over.

middle first round for mac jones?

any other team it would be WTF?!!?

pats reach and take him (when they could have had him later in the draft)?

THE SECOND COMING OF TAWM CRYBRADY
LOL. Brady was a 6th rounder and he did okay.

Trust me when I tell you this: Mac is the real deal. If he can stay upright he will be very good with a chance to be special.

But, I sure hope the Fins players think like you.

Back
Top Bottom