NE players reveal Cam Newton lost QB job more than Mac Jones earned it. FINS will eat | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NE players reveal Cam Newton lost QB job more than Mac Jones earned it. FINS will eat

Sorry, he didn't know the playbook last year either.

Here is a Patriotswire article from December of 2020:

Circ, we can post articles like that for almost any QBs first year on a team....

EVERYONE that watched the preseason and saw that stats knows Mac kicked Cam to the curb. Mac completely outplayed him. It wasn't even close.

The Pats aren't your team so I don't expect you to really know, but trust me Cam was soundly beaten out.
1-No one speaks for me, 2- My opinions are my own. Perhaps if you started your post with IMO you’d be taken more seriously. You cannot get EVERYONE to agree that the world is round, much less people on this board to agree on much. Do better

I in no way, not for one second...believe that Mac beat out Cam.

The whole playbook crap is just that. Belicheat and Kraft were told by Goodell to protect themselves when letting him go for purely vax reasons. (Urban should have taken note)

I am 100% fine for letting him go for that, but it's funny watching the league dance around it.

Which team picked up Cam?

LOL. Brady was a 6th rounder and he did okay.

Trust me when I tell you this: Mac is the real deal. If he can stay upright he will be very good with a chance to be special.

But, I sure hope the Fins players think like you.

NE got lucky w/ Brady and that is the simple truth.

Mac was overdrafted as were Tannehill & Trubisky

Brady was the ultimate flyer pick that turned into the all-time great jackpot. More luck than anything else, but it happened. Has no bearing on whether Mac Jones was over drafted, can’t play, can play, etc.

Perhaps, but it doesn’t seem likely the Jags and Jets weren’t locked in on their QB’s.

Mac Jones performance thus far backs up that it was strongly considered at least…as Jones is more pro ready than Trey Lance.

Either way…Jones doesn’t get out of round one!

I don't think what QBs do in the preseason necessarily means too much.

Of course its better to perform well than not, but reading a preseason defense is probably similar to reading a college defense if not even easier. There is really no trickery or game plan involved defensively.

What he will see on Sunday is 100x different than what he saw in preseason. Same goes for Tua, we will see which one of them has more success, and I predict that the team who gets better QB play will win easily. I'm leaning towards us.

1-No one speaks for me, 2- My opinions are my own. Perhaps if you started your post with IMO you’d be taken more seriously. You cannot get EVERYONE to agree that the world is round, much less people on this board to agree on much. Do better
The world is round.

Mac beat Cam in preseason.

So you were at Pats camp every day or on the Pats staff? Wow, who knew that we had such a celebrity on this board.
Did you watch cam last year, HE SUCKED………
Cam this year so far to date…. STILL SUCKS……
The pats did the right thing, but in my opinion they should of cut him after the midway point last year. But please tell us how good he was…

I just listened to Bill Simmons new podcast and he legit is taking the Patriots as his sb pick! Hahahaha the hype train with that team is out of control.

Did you watch cam last year, HE SUCKED………
Cam this year so far to date…. STILL SUCKS……
The pats did the right thing, but in my opinion they should of cut him after the midway point last year. But please tell us how good he was…
He wasn't good.

I don't go for the "all or nothing" aspect about Cam Newton.

I'm convinced he lost his job and got cut for a lot of the reasons often discussed.

1) He didn't know the play book.
It probably was not either "knowing or not knowing the play book", but the depth of the QB's knowledge of how to utilize the playbook beyond the basics.
I suspect Mac was explaining to Cam how to "see a little deeper" into the functions of the playbook from a QB's point of view, if his teammates observations are correct.

2) Casualness.
Cam always seemed to me to be too easily satisfied in his general attitude towards the game. Not paying attention to the teams protocols (any protocols) is a typical symptom of that "good enough" kind of thinking.

3) Preseason performance.
From what I read, both Cam and Mac had good pre-seasons with Mac having a noticeably better one.

I feel all these areas had an effect on Belichick's decision to go with Mac.

This would have been like comparing two knives of the same design. The newest one with the sharpest blade is most likely to get selected.

I dont buy much and certainly not all of it from the Pats - Mac Jones was said to be at par with Cam a lot of the Preseason - this is where they red uniforms because the D is not to hit them - other reporters said Dalton in CHI was playing great compared to Cam in NE

Cams game is to be hit and make plays off schedule - this is Cam - this is where he shines when he goes all heron ball and sometimes he wins and sometimes he loses

His body is fresh and no one going to change my mind that Cam created a mismatch for us and the Bills last year for his ability to play off schedule

But for a fumble by Cam - NE was in position to win against the vaunted Bills - a Pats team we crushed

Mac is going to look less than average off schedule something he Rarely had to do at Bama but he is a sneaky athlete I bet he takes off the with the ball vs MD hopefully he meets up with a defender

So we have on schedule playbook Mac Jones vs Off schedule toss out the playbook Cam

Each has different strengths neither has had Wes Welker or much of Juilian Edelman to bail them out with the quick hits

Back
Top Bottom