New GM, same old problems for Dolphins despite cap space | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New GM, same old problems for Dolphins despite cap space

The Dolphins have free agents, just like every team in the NFL does. They have key free agents who were starters, just like every team in the NFL does. They have $35 million in cap space, something only four teams have more of.

Why was this article necessary to rip the Dolphins for having work to do regarding free agents? Where is the article about how hard it will be for the Cowboys who are currently $24 million OVER the cap? Or the Steelers who are currently $13 million OVER the cap? Or the Saints who are currently $12 million OVER the cap?

Why was a rip article necessary for a team with one of the HEALTHIEST salary caps in the NFL?

I'd imagine it's b/c La Canfora is still trying to capitalize off of Miami's troubles in November with the bullying scandal. He probably figures since those stories back then were such a hit that people are still going to be interested to read something that continues to disparage the Dolphins. I mean needing to replace at least 2 of the OL is directly a result of the bullying scandal.

I disagree with LaCanfora's suggestion that we've turned dysfunction into an art form -- it's only art if a **** sandwich can somehow be raised to an art form -- but I honestly wonder what else you're taking issue with. Do we not have a shaky front office? Do we not have an offensive line in tatters? Do we not have fixes needed all over? Does the number of our concerns not make a reasonable person wonder whether $30 million is enough?

What's the problem? Where's the hit job in that sentence?

It appears LaCanfora is focusing a lot on Miami when there are 31 other teams who exist. Personally I never go to CBS Sports.com so I never would've known the article was there. I also don't need to go to that site and read that article b/c I consider myself to be an informed Dolphins fan who already knows what this team is about and what it needs.

Articles that he and other journalists write are for the NFL commoner. A person who knows some stuff about the game and their team but aren't really knowledgeable. It isn't for me.

The hit job is that he's constantly singling out Miami. Sure, we have problems just like any other team that missed the playoffs - many of which have far worse problems than Miami, but the constant pummeling of our franchise is over the top imo.

Gonna be funny when Miami lets Matt Moore go. Too many options out there for less money. This is a classic- motivate your starting qb to take next step- move, while drawing up interest for your back qb. Matt Moore couldn't beat out a rookie tannehill, how will he beat a seasoned one? Such an amateur article from an amateur journalist.

I disagree with LaCanfora's suggestion that we've turned dysfunction into an art form -- it's only art if a **** sandwich can somehow be raised to an art form -- but I honestly wonder what else you're taking issue with. Do we not have a shaky front office? Do we not have an offensive line in tatters? Do we not have fixes needed all over? Does the number of our concerns not make a reasonable person wonder whether $30 million is enough?

Wait a minute...Jeff Ireland is still the Dolphins GM?

how La Canfora proves he is clueless in his own article

1) "Miami is dangerously thin in its secondary right now, with top corner Brent Grimes an impending free agent...He could be franchised AGAIN if a long-term deal isn't inked." facepalm

2) "despite its ill-fated free-agent splurge (largely overpaying for guys like Mike Wallace...and Brian Hartline)" Wallace turned downed 5yr/$50m with the Steelers and reported $76m from the Vikings to sign for 5yr/$60m deal with the Dolphins. Miami got Wallace at market price. Hartline posted back-to-back 1000 yard seasons.

3) "It's baffling to some rival execs why Ross and his advisors...did nothing to be more proactive about the situation and try to secure a few key free agents prior to this point." Miami re-signed Rashad Jones and Koa Misi, two defensive starters, last offseason. both were scheduled to free agents in 2014.

At this point I am wondering how many times the media has to tell the fans the team is **** before they get it through their heads. We went through this last year after all the signings and all these reporters were called every name in the book because people on here were certain we were playoff bound.

A lot of people need a reality check.

Did we not have fixes needed during the season when we were within 1 game of making the playoffs? You would think we were a 2-14 team last year the way these guys report. I don't know much about Hickey but it shouldn't be too hard to put together an O-line that was better than what we had last year. That alone will be huge. Even with our own free agents, 30 million is plenty to build this team into a playoff contender.

Back
Top Bottom