New GM, same old problems for Dolphins despite cap space | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New GM, same old problems for Dolphins despite cap space

Ya know, you posting my IP address is really starting to piss me off. What right do you and/or, the supposed security from this site, have to do so? Does the TOS include being hacked for IP addresses? If so, I gotta find a different forum.

Um, he isn't actually posting your IP. He has no clue what your IP is, it is just a clever signature that posts your IP. For example, when I look at it, it lists my IP.

I don't need a sports writer to tell me what a mess this organization has been for the past dozen years.

Im certain you could file a complaint with the FBI for someone posting your IP address as a form of said person attempting to steal your identity or making it possible for others to steal your identity. I have contacted them before for a threat of identity theft (I spoke with an agent and they opened a case file) and they do take it very very seriously. Unfortunately if it is deemed that someones identity was stolen due to a posting on this site, they would likely shut this site down.

Ya know, you posting my IP address is really starting to piss me off. What right do you and/or, the supposed security from this site, have to do so? Does the TOS include being hacked for IP addresses? If so, I gotta find a different forum.

In all fairness, how is anyone supposed to know that. I actually didnt even notice his sig until just now and if what you say is true, still scares me a bit. Not sure if its appropriate - probably not.
Um, he isn't actually posting your IP. He has no clue what your IP is, it is just a clever signature that posts your IP. For example, when I look at it, it lists my IP.

If at any point Matt Moore is starting over a healthy Tannehill then Tanne is done and we will officially be set back several years before we can even hope to be anything that resembles a playoff team.

The silence of the "Powers That Be" now worries me.

No silence, just had to take care of a few other things in my house.

His signature isn't recording or making your IP public and no one sees your IP in that signature other than you. Every computer or device has an IP address that allows you to surf the net, etc. When you come to FinHeaven, ESPN, NFL.com, ABC.com, etc. the website reads your IP so you can access the site. Some sites might block certain IP addresses if they are deemed to be spammers or hackers. Whether you are logged in as a user or not, every website still reads your IP.

The signature in question is really just your computer reading itself. It is no different than if you went to Google and typed in "what is my IP". Google will respond by posting the same exact thing that signature is doing. No one can see your IP in that signature nor is it being recorded. Go to Google and see for yourself.

There are many credible websites you can visit if you need to know what your IP is so you can connect to certain networks, like this one: http://www.whatismyip.com/

I hope I explained it well enough, but you really don't have to worry about anything. That signature is not recording or posting your IP for everyone to see. Everyone sees there own IP and it is no different then the IP reading sites or even Google.

If you need to talk more about it, send me a PM or create a thread in the questions and suggestions forum.

No silence, just had to take care of a few other things in my house.

His signature isn't recording or making your IP public and no one sees your IP in that signature other than you. Every computer or device has an IP address that allows you to surf the net, etc. When you come to FinHeaven, ESPN, NFL.com, ABC.com, etc. the website reads your IP so you can access the site. Some sites might block certain IP addresses if they are deemed to be spammers or hackers. Whether you are logged in as a user or not, every website still reads your IP.

The signature in question is really just your computer reading itself. It is no different than if you went to Google and typed in "what is my IP". Google will respond by posting the same exact thing that signature is doing. No one can see your IP in that signature nor is it being recorded. Go to Google and see for yourself.

There are many credible websites you can visit if you need to know what your IP is so you can connect to certain networks, like this one: http://www.whatismyip.com/

I hope I explained it well enough, but you really don't have to worry about anything. That signature is not recording or posting your IP for everyone to see. Everyone sees there own IP and it is no different then the IP reading sites or even Google.

If you need to talk more about it, send me a PM or create a thread in the questions and suggestions forum.

Well it seems Josh here answered about as well as you can.

I can't believe anyone would think Moore is a better QB than Ryan. I love Moore, I appreciate what he did back in 2011. IMO he's one of the BEST back-up QB's in the NFL today. The thing is Ryan's ceiling is beyond higher than what Moore's ever could be. If Ryan didn't play in an offensive system that didn't have serious issues with it's offensive line and it's OC'er then I could maybe see someone saying Moore may be better than Ryan. But to ignore the reality of our OC'er and our OLine seems a bit unreasonable to me.

I am so tired of LaCanfora. If you go to CBS Sports NFL page there is a big picture of Tannehill being sacked and fumbling. Under it is the headline "Dolphins in disarray" and this caption:

La Canfora: A shaky front office. An O-line in tatters. Miami has turned dysfunction into an art form, with fixes needed all over, but $30M in cap room may not be enough.

Do people not realize that there is software that any interaction online with that person they can get your ip info and sign you offline. It's very easy to get ip addresses.

Also IP addresses mean nothing in terms of id theft or other cyber crimes. If your smart you change your ip anyways. it's a push of a button.

Didn't read. As I don't read anything written by this dolt.

As utahphinsfan said. Just a talking head flinging **** on the walls hoping for clicks during a down time with little news.

Either this was a total hatchet job or a few grains of truth w/ a pessimistic title to generate clicks. Regardless, its weak!

I am so tired of LaCanfora. If you go to CBS Sports NFL page there is a big picture of Tannehill being sacked and fumbling. Under it is the headline "Dolphins in disarray" and this caption:

La Canfora: A shaky front office. An O-line in tatters. Miami has turned dysfunction into an art form, with fixes needed all over, but $30M in cap room may not be enough.

I disagree with LaCanfora's suggestion that we've turned dysfunction into an art form -- it's only art if a **** sandwich can somehow be raised to an art form -- but I honestly wonder what else you're taking issue with. Do we not have a shaky front office? Do we not have an offensive line in tatters? Do we not have fixes needed all over? Does the number of our concerns not make a reasonable person wonder whether $30 million is enough?

What's the problem? Where's the hit job in that sentence?

Back
Top Bottom