New GM, same old problems for Dolphins despite cap space | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New GM, same old problems for Dolphins despite cap space

:lol: if philbin goes to matt moore he's putting the nail in his coffin...
Funny, I thought I saw Stephen Ross about to grab a hammer after Ryan Tannehill just about singlehandedly lost the final two games that kept Philbin from reaching the playoffs. :)

The idea that Philbin is ready to bench Tannehill in favor of Matt Moore is hilarious. LaCanofra has to add some facts to his article to make outrageous statements like benching Tannehill believable. I don't understand how that guy has a job. He not just wrong about the Dolphins, he's wrong about everything all the time.

The idea that Philbin is ready to bench Tannehill in favor of Matt Moore is hilarious. LaCanofra has to add some facts to his article to make outrageous statements like benching Tannehill believable. I don't understand how that guy has a job. He not just wrong about the Dolphins, he's wrong about everything all the time.

Well...Tannehill did almost get Philbin fired with his awful play in the last 2 games. I can see why he would be dissapointed in him.

Yes. His future was in doubt for a few days.

I don't remember Ross ever saying Philbin's future was in doubt. Do you have a link or quote from Ross or even Ireland saying or even suggesting that Philbin's future was in doubt?

Well...Tannehill did almost get Philbin fired with his awful play in the last 2 games. I can see why he would be dissapointed in him.

Again, I can't understand how anyone faults RT for the Buffalo game. That was a complete and utter failure from the OL. Not QB in the league would have performed much better in those circumstances.

Don't even have to read it. Negative view = writer sucks. It is known. I mean, how could an 8-8 team that has made the playoffs once in a decade possibly have anything negative to write about?

It is known.

Again, I can't understand how anyone faults RT for the Buffalo game. That was a complete and utter failure from the OL. Not QB in the league would have performed much better in those circumstances.

I still wonder how much injuring his knee in the Buffalo game affected his accuracy against the Yets. His accuracy went to hell in 2012 after injuring his knee and having to wear a brace for a few weeks as well. Not an excuse but a hunch that it may have affected him.

Philbin was never close to being fired. Seat was never hot, far from it.

---------- Post added at 02:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:37 PM ----------

It is known.

If it is on the internet it must be true.

I saw this & did not even bother reading. Its just another media monkey flinging poop.

How are the phins any more dysfunctional than Oakland, Cleveland, Dallas, or Washington?

That's the problem there not......we are the teams you listed, not a group you want to be associated with.....

I still wonder how much injuring his knee in the Buffalo game affected his accuracy against the Yets. His accuracy went to hell in 2012 after injuring his knee and having to wear a brace for a few weeks as well. Not an excuse but a hunch that it may have affected him.

No excuse, 90% of the QB in the league had something wrong with them the last two games of the season....

I think Philbin might be pissed at Tannehill over the Mike Sherman firing, there were a few reports after the Jets game that Tannehill was upset with Sherman and that could've played a role in Sherman's firing.

Bingo.....RT put the blame of his piss poor play the last two weeks of the season on Sherman...the guy who bragged about RT all off season saying how he will be the most improved QB in that draft class....never did Sherman say anything bad about RT, he always took the responsibility even when it was blame aimed at RT for not hitting the long ball, Sherman never took the bait....when RT had the opportunity to return the favor he covered his own ass....Philbin is saying there is no one to blame next yr if RT doesn't play well ( poor pocket awareness, hold the ball to long, can't connect on the long ball, fumble the ball when tackled etc ) and will make a change if necessary

I'm a RT supporter but I was upset with his lack of leadership by letting it be known he felt Sherman was a problem, there was no reason for him to go that route, Ross already had that covered.....a leader says his concern is getting himself better, let all that other stuff play itself out.....I don't want my franchise QB pointing fingers....

No excuse, 90% of the QB in the league had something wrong with them the last two games of the season....

Tell that to Flacco with his knee injury and Brady with his hand injury earlier in the year. I'm not saying it did, but to say that an injury to a Qb's knee or hand can't affect their throwing accuracy is plain ignorant. Especially the first week right after the injury was sustained.

Back
Top Bottom