New GM, same old problems for Dolphins despite cap space | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New GM, same old problems for Dolphins despite cap space

I read that article, & I confess I don't watch ESPN so I don't have this huge backlog of dislike for that nerdy little reporter...

BUT I didn't see anything untrue or very negative in there. It is all true and not really that negative.

I'll tell you what is REALLY asinine, all the posts about our center based on some PRIVATE text messages between friends.

No context, yet enough for people to JUDGE and PERSECUTE like little lemmings with black robes holding tiny little gavels. :rolleyes2:

Was that discussed in the article?

There's nothing bad about this article.

It is JLC and he's been wrong every time he opens his mouth but still..

Impossible. How can the head coach feel less than fully positive about the starting quarterback when there's a majority of a group of fans on a message board who feel differently? :unsure: ;)

Impossible. How can the head coach feel less than fully positive about the starting quarterback when there's a majority of a group of fans on a message board who feel differently? :unsure: ;)

i3arg4-1.jpg

How do we even know his "nuggets" are true? LaCanfora has botched so many reports and "nuggets" in the past that it is hard to trust anything he says. The true dysfunction is his reporting.

Well this nugget has to be true: "I continue to hear rumblings that if the 49ers can't extend Harbaugh this offseason, Ross might try to trade for him next year."

:chuckle:

Jason LaCanfora, the guy who didn't pick the Dolphins to win a single game last year. Zero. Yeah, he has no agenda whatsoever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The tone was passe. The cap space and expiring contracts was viewed as plus by GM candidates, and now according to LaCanfora, its a burden. Sure there are decisions to be made, but navigating through the finances is something any GM has to do during the offseason. The new GM has a lot of flexibility and resources right now, and that's not necessarily a bad thing imo.

lol, LaCanfora got what he wanted. ESPN just wrote a blog that says according to a report that Ryan Tannehill is on a short leash. Story goes on about how it is bad news for the Dolphins that they are considering benching him in February. Article comments rip the Dolphins for considering benching him and so on and so on. LaCanfora got the attention he wanted and the negative Dolphins attention he also wanted.

Tannehill is not in danger of losing his job at this point. He is the guy and doesn't have to worry about a camp competition.

lol, LaCanfora got what he wanted. ESPN just wrote a blog that says according to a report that Ryan Tannehill is on a short leash. Story goes on about how it is bad news for the Dolphins that they are considering benching him in February. Article comments rip the Dolphins for considering benching him and so on and so on. LaCanfora got the attention he wanted and the negative Dolphins attention he also wanted.

Tannehill is not in danger of losing his job at this point. He is the guy and doesn't have to worry about a camp competition.

Nubs, you have a link? I made a promise to my son that I wouldn't watch any of the Olympics at work/online so we could watch them together and find out who the winners were. Plus I hate spoilers, which basically puts ESPN as a no go site for the next 2+ weeks.

I think Philbin might be pissed at Tannehill over the Mike Sherman firing, there were a few reports after the Jets game that Tannehill was upset with Sherman and that could've played a role in Sherman's firing.

:lol: if philbin goes to matt moore he's putting the nail in his coffin...

good to hear that the oline total rebuild seems to be the offseason play...although fixing that in one offseason despite free agency/draft is very difficult...gonna have to get a little lucky in one or the other i'd say...

think it's smart that grimes is the priority but a difficult negotiation is probably in store...that age is gonna matter...may have to be a franchise tag...

like that one of the dts will be brought back of the free agents...makes sense with our needs can't afford both...would like solia back but miami has to figure ways to get him some snaps in the nickle to get more bang for our buck like the pats did with wilfork...

i would look to the dts in the draft in the 2nd and 3rd round...can find a rotational guy there if not immediate impact and i think that's where the value lies with a kid like will sutton or the kid from princeton who have both flashed pass rush skills and talents...don't think i'd burn a top 20 pick on a dt for us right now...with odrick full time dt and one of solia or starks back we should be ok provided we supplement the position with a draft talent with pass rush upside...

really like zach martin but if there is one concern i do have it's that he may be a maxed out guy already...he'd help us no doubt but i'd like to think there's still meat on the bone for upside...just not sure i see it...frankly senior bowl week i thought his work at left tackle was better than his work kicked inside at guard but that just may be a needs some time to get used to it again thing...pretty good feet not special ones for a zone scheme but moves pretty well and stout bull strong...strength may show more in space at tackle though than when kicked inside...will be dissapointed if he doesnt post high offensive tackle position numbers in the bench...should be 30 plus easy with his arm length and strength on tape

Back
Top Bottom