New Mock from GBN | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New Mock from GBN

DrAstroZoom said:
I take it all of you that are slap-happy with this draft will settle for a mid-round development project at QB?
the only non-development project at QB is matt leinart.

So the Jets draft Ferguson in the first, THEN McNeill in the second? 2 OTs in the first 2 rounds?

If Justice is there, I think Philly takes him if they dont resign Jon Runyan. I dont think they take a small Holmes over Greenway also. Philly needs an OLB also.

San Fran takes a RB when they might lose Peterson? I wouldnt be able to pass up on AJ Hawk for Williams.

the Giants desperately need a DT..... I dont think they take Carpenter.

Didnt Indy just get Corey Simon in his prime? Larry Tripplett is still a good DT. I dont think they take Bunkley.

Im not taking anything away from C. Greenway, I just like a few other LBs (we may not have the chance of getting).

I don't think its a very good draft at all.

I really don't see Oakland taking a QB when they took Walter in the 3rd last year and a player like A.J. Hawk is there.

Even though SF might have fell in love with Williams at the Senior Bowl, I can't see them taking a RB that high with so many good players there. With Frank Gore there I can't see them passing on Hawk or Huff.

There is no chance Hawk slides to 9 unless he gets injured between now and the draft and even then it is questionable.

Manny Lawson is rising, but not to the 12th pick.

I also can't see Huff sliding to 15. If that happened that he were picked the pick ahead of us I would cry.

I can't see Greenway sliding nearly that far either.

I could go on.

Miamibyrd_24 said:
I doubt Arizona will get another RB, that questionable. They picked a pretty good RB last year.

Miami -LB in the first round is ??? There are a few others that could go before this guy anyway. Shouldn't pass up on Jimmy Williams.

49ers - may go after a top OL.

Oh I agree with the Arizona pick - it is a real possibility, I don't believe they like their RB situation even though they spent a second last year.

deangelo williams is a pretty special player. even if j.j. arrington plays at the level expected of him, he won't be as good as williams. and if both are good, guess what? you got 2 great runningbacks, 2 great receivers, and a great offensive scheme. things start to look real good for arizona.

Juan Cribbs said:
deangelo williams is a pretty special player. even if j.j. arrington plays at the level expected of him, he won't be as good as williams. and if both are good, guess what? you got 2 great runningbacks, 2 great receivers, and a great offensive scheme. things start to look real good for arizona.

Exactly, not to mention they're apparently very interested in Culpepper.

lawson at 12? wow... and i doubt san fran takes another RB... but i wouldn't mind that from our standpoint, if cromartie fell to the 2nd id be all for that... and greenway is i think the 2nd best LB in this draft

Greenway and Cromartie?

Well, let's just say I'd have a happy Saturday afternoon in April.

They get VERY high marks from me for putting Manny Lawson at #13 to the Browns. That's almost EXACTLY where I'd project him right now. Don't get caught up in draft sites that have generally overlooked him for a while because of Mario Williams. Lawson has supreme athleticism and showed up excellent against the run at the Senior Bowl. He plays like JT and has all of JT's frame and athleticism. Get him a good DL coach and he could be an excellent RDE and also has plenty of potential to play OLB like Taylor is doing now.

Otherwise their 1st round and my 1st round look a lot alike. In fact, there are only 4 players different between my own notes and theirs. They have Ernie Sims, Marcedes Lewis, Rodrique Wright, and Sinorice Moss going in the 1st round. I do not. I'm waffling on Sinorice though. But, I do feel strongly that Sims and Lewis are too one-dimensional to crack into the first round, and I feel Broderick Bunkley and Gabe Watson's ascendence into the first round bumps Wright into round 2...but I'm also waffling on that.

I have Jon Scott and Marcus McNeil going late round 1, and I'm very unsure about both, and aside from that I have Tye Hill and Antonio Cromartie going round 1 because honestly I JUST can't imagine a whole first round going by with only one corner taken. I've seen too many drafts that project 1 or 2 corners in the first round end up with 3 or 4 corners to think that Youboty will be the only corner off the board in round 1. I think Tye Hill will go off the board, as will Cromartie. As for Scott and McNeil you might see me completely waffle on them and put Wright and Moss back up in Round 1. Or rather more likely at the moment Wright back in Round 1, Scott back in Round 2.

High grades from me for this mock draft. They're still one of the best in my book.

It Must Be A Lock That The Bills Will Draft Ngata. I Have Not Seen A Mock That Shows Them Picking Up Anyone Else. Why Is That?

ANIMALPAK28 said:
It Must Be A Lock That The Bills Will Draft Ngata. I Have Not Seen A Mock That Shows Them Picking Up Anyone Else. Why Is That?

Cause their D-line is their weakest link?

ckparrothead said:
They get VERY high marks from me for putting Manny Lawson at #13 to the Browns. That's almost EXACTLY where I'd project him right now. Don't get caught up in draft sites that have generally overlooked him for a while because of Mario Williams. Lawson has supreme athleticism and showed up excellent against the run at the Senior Bowl. He plays like JT and has all of JT's frame and athleticism. Get him a good DL coach and he could be an excellent RDE and also has plenty of potential to play OLB like Taylor is doing now.

Otherwise their 1st round and my 1st round look a lot alike. In fact, there are only 4 players different between my own notes and theirs. They have Ernie Sims, Marcedes Lewis, Rodrique Wright, and Sinorice Moss going in the 1st round. I do not. I'm waffling on Sinorice though. But, I do feel strongly that Sims and Lewis are too one-dimensional to crack into the first round, and I feel Broderick Bunkley and Gabe Watson's ascendence into the first round bumps Wright into round 2...but I'm also waffling on that.

I have Jon Scott and Marcus McNeil going late round 1, and I'm very unsure about both, and aside from that I have Tye Hill and Antonio Cromartie going round 1 because honestly I JUST can't imagine a whole first round going by with only one corner taken. I've seen too many drafts that project 1 or 2 corners in the first round end up with 3 or 4 corners to think that Youboty will be the only corner off the board in round 1. I think Tye Hill will go off the board, as will Cromartie. As for Scott and McNeil you might see me completely waffle on them and put Wright and Moss back up in Round 1. Or rather more likely at the moment Wright back in Round 1, Scott back in Round 2.

High grades from me for this mock draft. They're still one of the best in my book.

CK, aren't you surprised at the high placement of Jacobs and the omssion of Croyle?

Back
Top Bottom