New Mock from GBN | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New Mock from GBN

DrAstroZoom said:
CK, aren't you surprised at the high placement of Jacobs and the omssion of Croyle?

completely ridiculous if you ask me...:refuse:

DrAstroZoom said:
CK, aren't you surprised at the high placement of Jacobs and the omssion of Croyle?

Not surprised. I didn't pay much attention to Round 2. In that area it becomes as much about team preferences as where guys are on your talent board. There are more than a few teams out there convinced Brodie will never be more than a backup QB. There are some that think he's really got something. Jacobs is a bit of an enigma until we see what he does at the Combine and in his school workout.

BTW I called Simms one dimensional because as a LB, he can only fit into one kind of defense...the Tampa Two type defenses like the Bucs or Colts. I don't see either team paying up a first round pick to get hold of a guy they know is not even on the draft boards of like 70% of the teams in the draft. IMO the only way Simms increases his stock up to a 1st rounder is if he works out as a safety and teams become convinced he'd be a great safety.

RonnieB23 said:
I think this is a good draft, Cutler going to Oakland makes a lot of sense. One thing i find weird, they have the Jets drafting LT D.Ferguson in 1st round and LT M.Mcneil in the second. For some reason, it would scare me if that happened.

i would be a little nervous as well

Yeah that doesn't make much sense to me. Ferguson should be their pick if available. IMO he's the best player in the draft.

aquawave said:
Are you saying that it is one of the best mocks because you like it or because you think its close to reality???

I think it is very close to what could really happen. I would prefer a few different picks but it is a pretty good mock IMO

SECfootball said:
Why does it say we have #51, shouldn't we be picking at 48?

I love our two picks, although I don't think Cromartie will fall far enough.

No, they have it correct.....4 teams are tied at 9-7. So we pick 16th in the first round based on strength of schedule, but in the 2nd we move to the 19th pick, then in the 3rd to the 18th, then in the 4th to the 17th, until the 5th where it would have been back to the 16th for that round but we already used it taking Wright in the supplemental in preseason this year.

Dolphins_SR66 said:
No, they have it correct.....4 teams are tied at 9-7. So we pick 16th in the first round based on strength of schedule, but in the 2nd we move to the 19th pick, then in the 3rd to the 18th, then in the 4th to the 17th, until the 5th where it would have been back to the 16th for that round but we already used it taking Wright in the supplemental in preseason this year.

Wow dude I guess you really do learn something new every day! I had NO idea that teams with tied records snaked around like that in the draft order. WEIRD.

ckparrothead said:
Wow dude I guess you really do learn something new every day! I had NO idea that teams with tied records snaked around like that in the draft order. WEIRD.

Well you have taught me so many things I am glad to pay back alittle.:refuse:

Yeah, the NFL does it as fair as you can to help all teams get the best possible shot to improve each and every year.

Still to be determined is the coin flip for 6th and 7th since both tied with record and SoS (thats crazy).

Also as you know, Superbowl winner is 32nd and loser is 31st.

Last but not least are the compensation picks that slide in ahead of the Texans each round pushing everyone down a slot, etc

I would also watch for the NFL to award some compensatory picks specifically to the Saints in addition to the ones that have already been awarded. I have a feeling they will be keeping a very close eye on New Orleans in free agency and see how much luck they're having enticing free agents to New Orleans. They've already talked about salary cap benefits to the Saints but that won't satisfy Benson because its like telling him ok we'll give you the right to spend MORE money on players than you already do (when he's already a tight wad as things stand).

If they feel NO has had a bad enough FA they might not wait until 2007 to award the compensatory picks.

No complaints from me if we land Greenway and Cromartie.
Not so sure it'll shake down like that but we'll see I guess

Greenway and Cromartie would be fantastic. Add to those Whitehurst in the 3rd and that would just be a fantastic 1st day draft.

Back
Top Bottom