New Mock from GBN | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New Mock from GBN

could we please dispense with the greenway clamor? we're good enough at LB.... and we already have an undersized white defender from Iowa

PressCoverage said:
could we please dispense with the greenway clamor? we're good enough at LB.... and we already have an undersized white defender from Iowa

how are we good enough at linebacker? crowder zach and ?? you want spragen as the full time starter? and if spragen or crowder goes down, then what?

LB is one of our bigger needs this draft i would think... and greenway is far from undersized... what was his senior bowl, like 6-2 245 or something? thats the same size as channing... you consider him undersized?

Dolphins_SR66 said:
No, they have it correct.....4 teams are tied at 9-7. So we pick 16th in the first round based on strength of schedule, but in the 2nd we move to the 19th pick, then in the 3rd to the 18th, then in the 4th to the 17th, until the 5th where it would have been back to the 16th for that round but we already used it taking Wright in the supplemental in preseason this year.

This is correct. And just to add, Oakland and SF's draft position isnt set either.....

PressCoverage said:
we are not good enough at LB at all. in a short time we won't have anyone. if cutler and huff aren't there at #16, you move to the next need, which is linebacker. CB is also a probability.

Juan Cribbs said:
we are not good enough at LB at all. in a short time we won't have anyone. if cutler and huff aren't there at #16, you move to the next need, which is linebacker. CB is also a probability.

Agreed

I don't think it's that good. Manny Lawson will not go that high. Raiders will test out Walter and go with Hawk with that pick. If i saw it right they had the Jets taking Brick and McNeil, highly unlikely.

Yawn

DrAstroZoom said:
I take it all of you that are slap-happy with this draft will settle for a mid-round development project at QB?

At 16th we will NOT get Cutler, to trade up for him would be dumb and risky (he reminds me of Leaf....a little Brat) I am not too keen on a LB in the first, although we do have the need. I like Huff, Moss, or trade up for Fergeson. But thats a reach.

Rubbin420 said:
At 16th we will NOT get Cutler, to trade up for him would be dumb and risky (he reminds me of Leaf....a little Brat) I am not too keen on a LB in the first, although we do have the need. I like Huff, Moss, or trade up for Fergeson. But thats a reach.

Based on what?

SpeedRush99 said:
Based on what?

I was wondering the same thing. Whether or not Cutler has "it" remains to be seen, but I have seen no attitude problems that would cause a drop. The only QB whose attitude has been called into question to any extent (though I don't particularly buy it) is Leinart.

arsenal said:
how are we good enough at linebacker? crowder zach and ?? you want spragen as the full time starter? and if spragen or crowder goes down, then what?

LB is one of our bigger needs this draft i would think... and greenway is far from undersized... what was his senior bowl, like 6-2 245 or something? thats the same size as channing... you consider him undersized?

well then... i guess he's lost 2 inches of height somehow since his listing of 6-4' 242 that i found... Tall and lanky for the most physical position on the field is not a safe bet, in my opinion, for your first-rounder... Especially one who suffered a blown out knee a few years ago..... I'm sure he'll be a decent NFL player, for as long as he lasts...

You want linebacker depth? I'd say find it in the next few rounds. Shore up that sorry secondary first.

Anyone remember the last white linebacker we took from the Big 10 who was supposed to be explosive? Yeah, Rick Graf... :D

Back
Top Bottom