New OC candidates | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New OC candidates

Just a thought and unlikely to happen, what about the HC at West Virginia, I think his name is Rodriquez. I thoought him and Saban where buddies and have that WV background. I remember talk about this when Linehan was struggling earlier in the year. This is probably a longshot though :(

LarryFinFan said:
I'd like to see Mike Heimerdinger come over. The rumors are that he'll join his old buddy Mike Shanahan in Denver since it looks like Kubiak is gone, but he runs the same downfield type of O that Linehan does...I'm still holding out hope that Stl goes after Rivera tho....
Huh??? The OC of the Jets (previously of the Titans)? I didn't see that vertical attack this year. Was that because he had Bollinger as his QB? Was it more prevalent at Tennessee?

pilotfish said:
Frankly, at this point, I'm curious as to who Linehan might take with him.
Can't Saban deny him permission to hire anyone on our staff since they are still under contract? I guess if they want to leave we really didn't need them anyway! :fire:

Jammer13 said:
Can't Saban deny him permission to hire anyone on our staff since they are still under contract? I guess if they want to leave we really didn't need them anyway! :fire:

Ya, Saban would have to give permission for any coaches under contract to leave.

pilotfish said:
Frankly, at this point, I'm curious as to who Linehan might take with him.

IF he goes, he may take Charlie Bagget with him...Linehan insisted (or highly recommended) that Bagget come to the Fins when he got the OC job last year...but I haven't read that Lihenam will be offered the job. Only that he's the front runner, atm.

dolfanrodney said:
Mart is an a__hole, I don't want him.

Yea? Well he's and Offensive genius. I do want him. Saban will have any ahole under control. I would have preferred if Linehan wouldn't leave, but Martz makes me excited for our offense.

Jammer13 said:
Just a thought and unlikely to happen, what about the HC at West Virginia, I think his name is Rodriquez. I thoought him and Saban where buddies and have that WV background. I remember talk about this when Linehan was struggling earlier in the year. This is probably a longshot though :(
Nah ... we're gonna keep him at WVU.

BringBackShula said:
Yea? Well he's and Offensive genius. I do want him. Saban will have any ahole under control. I would have preferred if Linehan wouldn't leave, but Martz makes me excited for our offense.
No...he's not a genius. If he were, he wouldn't have all but ignored the fact that he had Faulk in the backfield while throwing 60 passes a game. If he comes to Miami, then you can expect about 7-8 carries per game each for R&R.

Are you still OK with that?

Back
Top Bottom