New OC candidates | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New OC candidates

burger13 said:
In 1999, his one year as Offensive Coordinator (please don't confuse that with Mike Martz the head coach) the Rams were #1 in total offense....and #5 in rushing yards. They scored something like the 4th or 5th most points in league history. The 1998 Rams were ranked 28th in total offense.

In 1999 Faulk had 1,300+ rushing yards & 87 catches for 1,048 yards. Does this change your mind if he would utilize RW & RB??

As offensive coordinator (as opposed to head coach) he would not have the autonamy to be as one-dimensional as he was as HC.

Yeah, I would take that as our offensive coordinator in a heartbeat.

As for those who said he's an @-hole........you're probably right.....but isn't Saban??
OK, I can see your point, but ... I simply don't share your confidence that he can return to the level of humility required to do things (read: play calling) the way that someone else wants them done. :dolphins:

i cant believe he is leaving the dolphins already, never saw this coming. I figured hed help saban progress for a few years instead of bolt and leave after they begin the process.

If you want to maintain the continuity of the current system, then an internal promotion would be the best way to go with Charlie Baggett being the coach that has coached in this system longer than any other coach on the offensive coaching staff. Baggett was the receivers coach in Minnesota for all four seasons Scott Linehan was the offensive coordinator, so he knows this offense.

The only other team in the league that runs this particular offense is the Cincinnati Bengals, so I guess you could look at at couple of their assistant coaches as possible offensive coordinators. Hue Jackson and Ken Zampese would be possibilities.

Outside of those guys, any other move means yet another change in the offensive system.

I'd say that Charlie Baggett is probably the odds on favorite.

What about Mike Tice as O-Cord? He isn't get much interest on the HC carosel, so maybe he would fit in. He knows Linehans system, that is for sure, and I believe he called the plays this year in Minny.

KB21 said:
The only other team in the league that runs this particular offense is the Cincinnati Bengals, so I guess you could look at at couple of their assistant coaches as possible offensive coordinators. Hue Jackson and Ken Zampese would be possibilities.

Ken Zampese? Any relation to Ernie whose offense is of the same "real West Coast" line (Coryell-Gibbs-Martz)?

Also, was Jumbo Fisher of LSU a real candidate last year and if so, would he be a real candidate this year?

I think that this is ironic based on some of the threads about Linehan during the season when we were losing 5 straight. Everyone wanted to kick him out the door then. Now there's a huge lovefest for him. Whatever happens we will land on our collective feet. Saban is in charge, remember.

Well, according to some others who just watched NFL Live, John Clayton reported that Al Saunders, the Chiefs OC, is now the leader to get the Rams job.

This thread may be moot point. God, I hope.

I dont think Linehand is gonna get the St.Louis Job, keeping him with us,

HC-Nick Saban-da man
OC-Scott
DC-Dom Capers
ST-Armstrong

Martz sure would be a good thing for chris chambers. Look at what he did with Holt

Bring in Baggett, and then sign Daunte Culpepper up to be our new QB. :)

RONNIE H2 said:
Martz sure would be a good thing for chris chambers. Look at what he did with Holt
If that were to happen it would be the first of five Pro Bowls for Chambers:dolphins: :dolphins: :dolphins: :dolphins:

burger13 said:
As for those who said he's an @-hole........you're probably right.....but isn't Saban??

How can you think Saban is an A-Hole? What has he done to have that label?

Per today's Mort report. Rivera goes in on Wednesday for his second interview. Linehan and Cameron already have there seconds done. Mort said the Rams could announce the choice by Thursday.

Well I guess we're on the market for an OC.

Back
Top Bottom