New OC candidates | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New OC candidates

I understand this man is being considered for the Raiders job, however if Al Davies goes in a different direction I'd really like to see Al Saunders come in as OC he has had experience with splitting carries between two feature backs, he has had an all-pro TE and the one thing he would have in miami that he never had in KC is a pro bowl WR I think he could come in an add something to the offense.

houtz said:
As long as Martz comes down here and uses our two headed monster(pending we don't get rid of Ricky) then I wont have a problem with it. If he comes down here and passes 70% of the time I'm gonna be pissed. Because we have one of the strongest backfields in the game. No reason to let that go to waste.

Not to mention that we are about to build our future OL. Martz doesnt fit IMO.

zodiak said:
I understand this man is being considered for the Raiders job, however if Al Davies goes in a different direction I'd really like to see Al Saunders come in as OC he has had experience with splitting carries between two feature backs, he has had an all-pro TE and the one thing he would have in miami that he never had in KC is a pro bowl WR I think he could come in an add something to the offense.

If this is true, I would not be opposed, but I think he does get a HC job.

Silverphin said:
THANK YOU!!!!

a cool million might keep him here. This is the advantage Saban has over St louis or others. Deep Pockets with no owner involvment. We finfans should be greatful he is our owner.

zodiak said:

I just read Bobby Petrino was the front runner for the Raiders.

how about Mike Sheppard (currently OC with Saints soon to be replaced tho). Didnt know much about this guy till a couple days ago when I heard on a local radio station from a credible guy named Mike Francessa (Mike & the Mad Dog) and he mentioned that both[size=-1] Belichick and Parcells are high on the guy and both Sheppard and Saban worked under Belichick in his Brown days. So could be an interesting pickup.

GO FINZ :dolphins:
[/size]

trainwreck said:
This really sucks, the third OC in a three year period.
And just when the offense was starting to gel.

Don't worry - Saban will pick the right one......I'm more concerned with getting a QB replacement. That is going to be Nicks hardest decision IMO

Maybe we can talk Peyton Manning into retiring and taking over or OC job he seems to do a good job as the OC in Indy

Heimerdinger - This is based on my amateur assessment that you judge an OC on how his skill position backups perform. Linehan had great success with whatever RB was in the backfield, or whatever WR was going deep in Minny, and Heimerdinger had similiar success while in Tennessee.

Al Saunders - Would love to build a similar offense to KC/STL without Martz's playcalling.

Mariucci - Just like Dom Capers, not likely to leave us for another HC job. They've had their shots.

Mike Sherman
Mike Mularkey

Back
Top Bottom