New OC candidates | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New OC candidates

Bumpus said:
No...he's not a genius. If he were, he wouldn't have all but ignored the fact that he had Faulk in the backfield while throwing 60 passes a game. If he comes to Miami, then you can expect about 7-8 carries per game each for R&R.

Are you still OK with that?

In 1999, his one year as Offensive Coordinator (please don't confuse that with Mike Martz the head coach) the Rams were #1 in total offense....and #5 in rushing yards. They scored something like the 4th or 5th most points in league history. The 1998 Rams were ranked 28th in total offense.

In 1999 Faulk had 1,300+ rushing yards & 87 catches for 1,048 yards. Does this change your mind if he would utilize RW & RB??

As offensive coordinator (as opposed to head coach) he would not have the autonamy to be as one-dimensional as he was as HC.

Yeah, I would take that as our offensive coordinator in a heartbeat.

As for those who said he's an @-hole........you're probably right.....but isn't Saban??

Martz offense has pass protection problams there is no Orlando Pace on Miami's roster
so I'm not sure about Martz

Bumpus said:
No...he's not a genius. If he were, he wouldn't have all but ignored the fact that he had Faulk in the backfield while throwing 60 passes a game. If he comes to Miami, then you can expect about 7-8 carries per game each for R&R.

Are you still OK with that?

this is what i am thinking. I dont want Martz. I want a guy who understands when to run the ball and when to pass each week go straight at people instead of funky trick plays all the time. You need a good QB like Brady to run that stuff.

Charlie Bagget, as he would probably run the same system as Linehan ran. The guys got really comfortable in that system.

Blueprint said:
Charlie Bagget, as he would probably run the same system as Linehan ran. The guys got really comfortable in that system.

I would agree. Him or garrett. People questioned why saban has so many coaches. Well right here is a good reason. You develop your own coaches and players. BRILLIANT!:dolphins:

I think Norv will be best.He will use the runningbacks effectively along with the playaction.

chuckcole said:
Huh??? The OC of the Jets (previously of the Titans)? I didn't see that vertical attack this year. Was that because he had Bollinger as his QB? Was it more prevalent at Tennessee?

Yes, When McNair was healthy and with Volek some he was very successful. The Titans have been competitive until they had to start cleaning house a couple of years ago... The Jests QB situation about the only one in the league worse than ours, you can't count this past year. Besides, talk about problems...going thru what, 5 different QBs ??

It's just a thought, but it is more like Linehan's O than the NT stuff we've run here previously...

minus said:
I think Norv will be best.He will use the runningbacks effectively along with the playaction.

Norv just got hired as the OC in San Fran. Martz would be a good option if we can't keep Bagget from going to the Rams with Linehan. Jim Fassel is guy who is well respected around the league. He might be another option, althought I am not to sold on him.

WooDaviDolphins said:
Martz don't make good decisions, maybe he's so good in design the plays and call but not in crusial moments, so he's design and Saban makes the decision. if is in that way that will be amazing.
Huh? I'd love to see us get the "Greatest show on turf (minus the turf)version 2.0.

Gamezover said:
Norv just got hired as the OC in San Fran. Martz would be a good option if we can't keep Bagget from going to the Rams with Linehan. Jim Fassel is guy who is well respected around the league. He might be another option, althought I am not to sold on him.
Didn't seem to help the Ravens the last few years. But with Billick that might not mean much.

burger13 said:
In 1999, his one year as Offensive Coordinator (please don't confuse that with Mike Martz the head coach) the Rams were #1 in total offense....and #5 in rushing yards. They scored something like the 4th or 5th most points in league history. The 1998 Rams were ranked 28th in total offense.

In 1999 Faulk had 1,300+ rushing yards & 87 catches for 1,048 yards. Does this change your mind if he would utilize RW & RB??

As offensive coordinator (as opposed to head coach) he would not have the autonamy to be as one-dimensional as he was as HC.

Yeah, I would take that as our offensive coordinator in a heartbeat.

As for those who said he's an @-hole........you're probably right.....but isn't Saban??

I've been saying the same thing.

As long as Martz comes down here and uses our two headed monster(pending we don't get rid of Ricky) then I wont have a problem with it. If he comes down here and passes 70% of the time I'm gonna be pissed. Because we have one of the strongest backfields in the game. No reason to let that go to waste.

SpeedRush99 said:
With Chris Mortenson reporting Lenihan will be named Rams HC coach as early as tomorrow. Who would you like see replace him?

This really sucks, the third OC in a three year period.
And just when the offense was starting to gel.

Back
Top Bottom