New rumor and fins switch to the 4-3 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New rumor and fins switch to the 4-3

would look that way to me also...and no peyton manning in play either...mario williams is gonna be a $70 mil guy and $30 plus mil guaranteed guy if he hits free agency provided his pec checks out

too risky a chance given the money imo...not to mention cam wake would be furious if we gave williams that kind of money and told wake to continue to play for peanuts

then again you are getting $12 mil back by letting solia walk so maybe you can still squeeze in a qb in free agency and williams

I agree. The play then might be trading Wake to someone. I honestly have my doubts about Wake's ability to hold up in a 4-3 at his size. Love the guy, but it has to be a concern unless you're running an Eagles/Colts style of defense.

His "source" is probably a 3rd cousin of a friend who use to know someones friend who use to be a janitor who use to work near Dolphins training facility

I agree. The play then might be trading Wake to someone. I honestly have my doubts about Wake's ability to hold up in a 4-3 at his size. Love the guy, but it has to be a concern unless you're running an Eagles/Colts style of defense.

wide 9 looks...williams and wake both probably flourish in that setting...only way i see wake holding up in a 43...wakes so darn cheap right now i don't think he's on the trading block you'd be adding another hole to your roster...

I dunno. I'm gonna be honest. He declared emphatically like at least a month before the 2011 Draft that the "plan" is to take Mike Pouncey if they can't trade down. He also insisted since well before the start of free agency that Carson Palmer was the plan at QB. Much later, several team sources confirmed to local Miami reporters that Carson Palmer was indeed the plan at QB and even Steve Ross got involved in the negotiations with Mike Brown directly, the Dolphins were willing to wait it out for Carson but that Brown stuck to his guns and then received a blowout offer from the Raiders. Miami had been such a strong bidder for Palmer for so long that when Brown made the decision to trade him, he held off Oakland so that he could call Miami and give them first dibs. But to that point Miami was 0-6 and Steve Ross squelched it.

Being right about Mike Pouncey, obviously that could be a coincidence. Being right, after all, that the Dolphins were hot on the trail of Carson Palmer? That's a little more than coincidence. As I recall he also said that Jeff Ireland loved Pat Devlin, like back in December of 2010.

Could be full of sh-t, but he won me over.

He also claimed that we were definitely going to take Terrance Cody the year before. Also, claimed to expect a huge free agency last year, and it turned out to be our quietest one of the regime's short history.

I don't mind giving credit where credit is due, but these were obvious predictions to make. Our interior line was a mess, and Mike Pouncey had been mocked to us for a while. Our biggest hole was QB, and everyone knew that Ross wanted an upgrade there. Palmer was the best available option, so that prediction also seems obvious to me.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, though. I'm a reasonable guy. If he indeed has sources, he can easily prove it by keying us in to who we are about to sign in free agency a day or so ahead of it officially happening. These contracts take a while to hammer out, so it should be known within the organization when a free agent agrees to terms before it's announced as official. If he can accurately do that with our free agent signings, he'll make a believer out of me...

whether he is full of it or not.... mario williams is the surest thing you're going to get in this free agency. v-jack, bowe, nicks, manning, flynn, avril, nelson... mario is the only "sure thing"

Additionally, it's been well documented publicly by Ireland, and alluded to by Philbin, that they want to upgrade the pass rush. Stating that they plan to go after the best pass rusher on the market isn't a prediction, it's simply logical...

Wow we would have the first two picks of that draft class first bush now Williams.

Me and my boy were flabergasted at what the raiders gave up for palmer. There is alot of stuff in the works. My source told me we need a good 4-3 to finally put a stake thru the heart of pats. Safety is also a big need that will be addressed. There is multiple senerio's going on for the draft and free agency. When we get closer to the draft i will announce our pick again.

Additionally, it's been well documented publicly by Ireland, and alluded to by Philbin, that they want to upgrade the pass rush. Stating that they plan to go after the best pass rusher on the market isn't a prediction, it's simply logical...

I could not possibly disagree with this more than I do.

well, we know now tha enduro wants mario williams.

Me and my boy were flabergasted at what the raiders gave up for palmer. There is alot of stuff in the works. My source told me we need a good 4-3 to finally put a stake thru the heart of pats. Safety is also a big need that will be addressed. There is multiple senerio's going on for the draft and free agency. When we get closer to the draft i will announce our pick again.

So surely you and your boy have talked about the QB situation as well. If we go hard after Williams as you suggest and get him signed, that will eat up a lot of our available funds....funds that many here were planning to use on a QB. So....specifically....you should be able to answer 1) Is Philbin high on Flynn enough to have him as our franchise QB? 2) What is the specific first plan of attack if we get Mario Williams? Manning / Flynn / draft...

Enduro, I truly want to give you the benefit of the doubt....so please give us something we have not heard or talked about.

Back
Top Bottom