News on Feeley vs Frerote | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

News on Feeley vs Frerote

Jnaledu3 said:
Of course Frerotte is the starter. Do you think Saban is going to put the fate of a 800 million dollar franchise in the hands of a guy that only played 8 games of college? A guy who was drafted in the 5th round? A guy that threw an unprecedented 6 Ints for TDs in 12 games? A guy with the lowest QB rating in the NFL? I dont think so.

Instead, he is going to put it in the hands of a guy who isnt quite as bad, but still bad.

And it isnt Feeleys fault that he sucks either. The guy should have NEVER been put in this situation. Upon joining this team, the guy was hardly ready to start for a college level team. It just so happens that a former piss poor GM gave up something of great value for poor old Feeley, which in turn put him in a situation of great resonsibility and high expectations. An NFL starter is not Feeleys role in the NFL. Feeley was drafted as a project player with the hopes that he could grow into a servicable backup quarterback.

This years offense will feature a QB who is merely a caretaker. And that is Frerotte. But, as we all know, a caretaker isnt quite enough when it comes to the playoffs. But the playoffs are not in sight in this honeymoon period of the Saban regime. The QB of the future has yet to be determined and for all we know he could be a midget named joe-joe.

Excellent post!
Im not a Feely hater or Gus hater, I just want the best QB to start. So besides the first line of the post, I agree 100%.

Jnaledu3 said:
Of course Frerotte is the starter. Do you think Saban is going to put the fate of a 800 million dollar franchise in the hands of a guy that only played 8 games of college? A guy who was drafted in the 5th round? A guy that threw an unprecedented 6 Ints for TDs in 12 games? A guy with the lowest QB rating in the NFL? I dont think so.

Instead, he is going to put it in the hands of a guy who isnt quite as bad, but still bad.

And it isnt Feeleys fault that he sucks either. The guy should have NEVER been put in this situation. Upon joining this team, the guy was hardly ready to start for a college level team. It just so happens that a former piss poor GM gave up something of great value for poor old Feeley, which in turn put him in a situation of great resonsibility and high expectations. An NFL starter is not Feeleys role in the NFL. Feeley was drafted as a project player with the hopes that he could grow into a servicable backup quarterback.

This years offense will feature a QB who is merely a caretaker. And that is Frerotte. But, as we all know, a caretaker isnt quite enough when it comes to the playoffs. But the playoffs are not in sight in this honeymoon period of the Saban regime. The QB of the future has yet to be determined and for all we know he could be a midget named joe-joe.

So he will put the franchise in the hands of a washed up 30 something career backup qb?

Not the best reasoning there. Whomever plays better will get it, but i would be utterly surprised if it is Frerrote

Jnaledu3 said:

\

Good post but I disagree with you. Ferotte was brought in as a backup and a backup he will remain. Before the playoffs were even over Saban said that he would bring in a veteran backup, prefrably one who was familiar with a Linehan style offense. He said that they would also at some point draft a rookie quarterback to groom.
AJ was an excelent quarterback at Oregon before he got hurt and Joey Harrington steped in and made some noise. He was brought in as a fifth round steal, unfortunatly for him he was playing behind McNabb so he never had a chance no matter how well he did when McNabb went down. Last year was a offensive disaster; the offensive line was penetrated on every play, no one was blocking, recivers were dropping balls if they were lucky, otherwise they were tipping them into defenders hands. The running game was nonexistant and Aside from that, the coaching was laughable and at times incited chain smoking and profanity. Oh yeah, the quarterback play was just as bad as the rest of the team. However through all that, AJ made alot of progress throughout the season and you cannot deny that; and hell, since we already traded a second round pick for him we owe it to him and ourselfs to see what he can do in an open offense, behind one of the best coached offensive lines and two premier running backs. We know he can launch the ball, we know he is acurate and toward the end of the season he was making some quick and calculated risks that seemed to work out well. It would be foolish to assume anything at this point but unless Ferotte looks ready to shock the world, do not be suprised to see him holding a clipboard come regular season.

DonShula84 said:
No you definitely cant speak for the entire dolphin nation. I dont want Gus to start, I hope he doesnt start, and I think it would be a hugely dumb move to start him. Unless he completely outplays AJ in preseason Gus should be on the bench

WHen you say "unless he completely outplays him" does that mean if he "somewhat" or "kind of" outplays AJ, then AJ should start? I don't care how much one outplays the other, the best should start. And I'm sorry to inform you of this, but there are alot of signs pointing to Gus. He will be the best QB on this team for this season. After that, we'll see.

Jnaledu3 said:

I agree with this post. But I will go a step further and say Gus will start and he will a level above "caretaker". Gus is better than Fiedler and Feeley and has the ability to throw the ball deep. We will see quite a few more big plays with Gus behind center.

welcome!!

for what it's worth... I agree with CC, I think Gus will get the nod.

welcome and interesting post, it could very well be possible, but i think the fins need more time to decide

Jnaledu3 said:

So what you're suggesting is that Saban will put his trust in a journeyman backup QB that has had less starts in the last 5 years (12) then Feeley has in the last 3 (13). I don't know but I just don't see how anyone can determine at this point that Frerotte is a better option than Feeley or vice versa. I think TC will determine who starts. It's ironic how we can all give the OL and other offensive players the benefit of the doubt blaming the coaching for their lack of success but we all sh*t on Feeley without giving him the benefit of the doubt.

I'm neither a hater or a backer of either Frerotte or Feeley, but we need a quarterback for the future and that isn't Frerotte. Maybe Feeley is and maybe he isn't, but this year will have to show us the answer.

PassRush said:
\

Good post but I disagree with you. Ferotte was brought in as a backup and a backup he will remain. Before the playoffs were even over Saban said that he would bring in a veteran backup, prefrably one who was familiar with a Linehan style offense. He said that they would also at some point draft a rookie quarterback to groom. .

Gus was brought in as a back-up? What about AJ? He was brought in to compete w/ Fiedler by someone who is no longer w/ the fins. I may be a bills fan but IMO Gus was brought in to compete for the job as well. NO way will Saban just hand the starting job to someone he didn't bring in himself.
PassRush said:
\
AJ was an excelent quarterback at Oregon before he got hurt and Joey Harrington steped in and made some noise. He was brought in as a fifth round steal, unfortunatly for him he was playing behind McNabb so he never had a chance no matter how well he did when McNabb went down. Last year was a offensive disaster; the offensive line was penetrated on every play, no one was blocking, recivers were dropping balls if they were lucky, otherwise they were tipping them into defenders hands. The running game was nonexistant and Aside from that, the coaching was laughable and at times incited chain smoking and profanity. Oh yeah, the quarterback play was just as bad as the rest of the team. However through all that, AJ made alot of progress throughout the season and you cannot deny that; and hell, since we already traded a second round pick for him we owe it to him and ourselfs to see what he can do in an open offense, behind one of the best coached offensive lines and two premier running backs. We know he can launch the ball, we know he is acurate and toward the end of the season he was making some quick and calculated risks that seemed to work out well. It would be foolish to assume anything at this point but unless Ferotte looks ready to shock the world, do not be suprised to see him holding a clipboard come regular season.
Excuses. AJ was behind Detmer. Not Mcnabb. 5th rd. steal? Brady was a steal.

phinfan2003 said:
If this story is true (which I have no reason to believe that it is or it isn't), Chambers must be going on the little he's seen in the MC. I think TC will tell who will start and nothing else. My vote goes to Feeley as I feel that the greatness of Frerotte on this board has been greatly overrated.

Unless of course Chambers can tell even in a brief time who is clearly the better quarterback throwing the ball to him.

On the other hand it may be BS..................................

It is going to be a long summer for those two trying to beat each other out. What's sad is they both suck and will probably be replaced next year.

GUs and AJ: Enjoy the season fellas - because after this year it's back to the bench. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom