News on Feeley vs Frerote | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

News on Feeley vs Frerote

ckparrothead said:
This rumor is in line with whispers that I have heard from various sources that say the players have been more impressed with Frerotte than Feeley so far. The coaches have too. Right now, the only thing keeping the coaches from closing the competition is the reality that Feeley is learning a brand new offense while Frerotte is like the Travis Daniels of the group and knows everything in and out.

Just because you want or need a slab of steak that doesn't mean you have to pretend that the piece of bacon in front of you is prime rib. Just because we need a quarterback of the future, you don't dress up AJ Feeley as a QB of the future. Cream rises to the top. If AJ is the quarterback of the future he will rise up and take the starting position. I've never heard of a grade A quarterback riding the pine his entire career because he never got a shot. There's no such thing as a QB who is really good but needs to not have to compete in order to be really good. The guys that compete well in practice compete well in games. If you have a guy who crumbles under the pressure of competition for his job in practice, how will he react when its the 4th quarter and we're down by a TD and need to drive 40 yards in 30 seconds?

Gus Frerotte will probably be our starter. Everyone thought that Saban and the staff reviewed the tape of last season and came away with the impression that AJ Feeley is a good QB, just because we didn't go out and overtly replace him or overpay for a QB in trade. The reality might be that Linehan reviewed those tapes, came to the conclusion that AJ isn't the guy, offered up a guy who he knows can run his system at a cheap price, and instead of Saban stepping in and outright demoting a guy who won over some loyalty in the locker room last season with a few gutsy performances (emphasis on few), he brought in the other dude to compete, and let the players see for themselves which guy they want throwing to them.

You ask Randy McMichael and Chris Chambers, in private, who they think will win the QB competition, and who they want to catch passes from, I can about 90% guarantee they both say Gus.
GREAT POST I AGREE

phinz_fan said:
Good point man. I can see you are a sharp guy who knows a sure thing when he sees it.

I have some investment opportunities you might be interested in. I have a bridge in Brooklyn for sale, as well as some swamp land in Florida. I can give you a two for one for GREAT price - but only because it's you! ;)

So in your world this can't possibly be true b/c Feeley has been that impressive.

BTW one of our former posters owned a sports store in one of the malls and NFL players browsed there all the time. This has been confirmed by both pictures and other posters. Maybe they didn't get your memo that all their stuff is free from the NFL and that they are not allowed to enter sports stores. :shakeno:

I'm sure Saban has someone hes leaning towards, and he probably told chambers who that is. If Feeley performs outstanding in training camp, and preseason then im sure he will get the nod. But if he struggles, or performs below average i would think Gus gets the nod, and Saban probably told that to chambers.

Justasportsfan said:
Gus was brought in as a back-up? What about AJ? He was brought in to compete w/ Fiedler by someone who is no longer w/ the fins. I may be a bills fan but IMO Gus was brought in to compete for the job as well. NO way will Saban just hand the starting job to someone he didn't bring in himself.
Saban has said that he was impressed with what he saw of Feeley toward the end of the season. Even if he didnt, he would have said he brought in Ferotte to compete, not to be a veteran backup who knows the system. It is comon sence, we have two bad quarterbacks, one was a never was; the other was a never had a chance. Who would you give the job to?

Justasportsfan said:
Excuses. AJ was behind Detmer. Not Mcnabb. 5th rd. steal? Brady was a steal.
Detmer would finish the game, Feeley would finish the season. Not that you care. If I went any further this would be moved to the depths. This is too good a thread

rafael said:
So in your world this can't possibly be true b/c Feeley has been that impressive.

BTW one of our former posters owned a sports store in one of the malls and NFL players browsed there all the time. This has been confirmed by both pictures and other posters. Maybe they didn't get your memo that all their stuff is free from the NFL and that they are not allowed to enter sports stores. :shakeno:

It's not about AJ's ability - it's about believing every 1-post Joe Schmoe that comes in here and says so-and-so met so-and-so and said such-and-such. It may have happened, but in all likelihood is just someone trying to get some attention/stir things up. More than likely a Gus supporter.

Don't be so gullible is all I'm saying. Some guy comes in here and says Chris Chambers was in a mall in Cleveland looking for NFL gear and proclaims Gus the starter? If you really believe that we really do need to be in business together. IM me and we'll get you to work on writing me some checks...:)

phinz_fan said:
It's not about AJ's ability - it's about believing every 1-post Joe Schmoe that comes in here and says so-and-so met so-and-so and said such-and-such. It may have happened, but in all likelihood is just someone trying to get some attention/stir things up. More than likely a Gus supporter.

Don't be so gullible is all I'm saying. Some guy comes in here and says Chris Chambers was in a mall in Cleveland looking for NFL gear and proclaims Gus the starter? If you really believe that we really do need to be in business together. IM me and we'll get you to work on writing me some checks...:)

It's not being gullible. It's likely that CC believes Gus will be the starter. Every single report says that the coaches feel Gus is ahead of AJ. Every single report says that the players feel Gus will start over AJ. Every fantasy football guide is predicting Gus will start over AJ. Why is it gullible to believe that it's likely that CC shares the same opinion?

I have said all along, the QB that I want to start is WHICHEVER QB gives us the best chance to win. That should be what we all (dolphin fans) really want.

In all reality, both will probably start at least 1 game this year. Very few QB's start every game for their team in the NFL. Especially with our oline...

rafael said:
It's not being gullible. It's likely that CC believes Gus will be the starter. Every single report says that the coaches feel Gus is ahead of AJ. Every single report says that the players feel Gus will start over AJ. Every fantasy football guide is predicting Gus will start over AJ. Why is it gullible to believe that it's likely that CC shares the same opinion?

Dude. You're not getting it. It's not the CC prefers Gus part that is hard to believe. It's the part about CC shopping in a Cleveland mall shopping for Dolphins gear that sounds made up.

If you believe CC travels the country buying Dolphin gear and leaking information about the team to retail workers then I have 20 footballs signed by Dan Marino I would like to sell you...:lol:

phinz_fan said:
Dude. You're not getting it. It's not the CC prefers Gus part that is hard to believe. It's the part about CC shopping in a Cleveland mall shopping for Dolphins gear that sounds made up.

If you believe CC travels the country buying Dolphin gear and leaking information about the team to retail workers then I have 20 footballs signed by Dan Marino I would like to sell you...:lol:

First of all, wether the story is true or not it really doesnt matter. Actually, I dont remember the original post saying "Chambers travels to cleveland to go to the mall." When and if CC travels to Cleveland to visit his sister, is he just supposed to sit there and watch TV? I dont find this story uncommon, the only thing that I might not believe is CC talking about the QB situation, unlike you I believe CC goes to malls and participates in other activities while out of town!

I see that this thread has caused some people to think that this is a made up story and a lot of controversy. I just want you guys to know that I too hope that it will be AJ starting for the fins. I told you guys what I heard, and I also said take it for what it is worth. Personally I believe the guy, and again it is probably to early anyway to say who will start for sure but CC seems to think that it will be Gus.

As for all the people saying Chambers was buying a hat you guys are idiots, of course he wasnt buying a hat. He knows the guy from college so he stoped in to say Hi and then started ripping on the guy for not haveing any dolphin hats.

I just thought it would be nice to hear what our starting receiver thinks about who will be throwing him the ball, that is why i posted this thread.

Dolphins12thMan said:
First of all, wether the story is true or not it really doesnt matter. Actually, I dont remember the original post saying "Chambers travels to cleveland to go to the mall." When and if CC travels to Cleveland to visit his sister, is he just supposed to sit there and watch TV? I dont find this story uncommon, the only thing that I might not believe is CC talking about the QB situation, unlike you I believe CC goes to malls and participates in other activities while out of town!

I'm sure he does go to malls. I just don't believe he's going around talking about the QB situation. I mean sportswriters have a hard enough time getting answers out of these guys. I don't see him discussing the team's QB situation with mall employees.

Basically my whole point is: this thread is ridiculous. Somebody comes in here and starts talking about he heard CC prefers Gus as per a sporting goods clerk in Cleveland. I mean come on guys...I'd like to think fellow Dolphin fans don't believe everything they hear.

phinz_fan said:
I'm sure he does go to malls. I just don't believe he's going around talking about the QB situation. I mean sportswriters have a hard enough time getting answers out of these guys. I don't see him discussing the team's QB situation with mall employees.

Basically my whole point is: this thread is ridiculous. Somebody comes in here and starts talking about he heard CC prefers Gus as per a sporting goods clerk in Cleveland. I mean come on guys...I'd like to think fellow Dolphin fans don't believe everything they hear.

When I used to live in S. Florida I would run into Dolphin players all the time. I would usually ask about whatever the hot topic was and you know what they'd always answer. Many times I asked who do you think will start at some position an they'd tell me their opinion. So why would I find it hard to believe that somebody else did the exact same thing I've done twenty or thirty times?

hunter5nc1 said:
I hope Gus starts all year and we get a QB next year
Yeah, like Matt Leinhart... But that means we would have to really suck this year to get him

Back
Top Bottom