News on Feeley vs Frerote | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

News on Feeley vs Frerote

miami1132 said:
Chambers sister lives in cleveland and just got married that is why he goes into cleveland for those of you that would ask what he is doing in Cleveland.

Long time reader and first time poster

My brother's sister's girlfriend's cousin's aunt's brother's dog's mother's grandfather's daughter saw AJ pass out at 31 Flavors last night. Sounds pretty serious..

miami1132 said:
I was in tower city in cleveland last week and I was looking at some hats when I asked the guy if he had any dolphin hats, he said no and then started laughing, i asked him what he was laughing at and he said that i sounded like Chambers I asked him what he meant by that and he said that he went to school with chambers and that he always stops by when he is in the area. He said that he yells at him for not having dolphin hats. Anyway what i wanted to get at was I started talking to him and he told me that chambers said that it will be Gus throwing him the ball this year, not AJ. Take it for what it is worth.

Chambers sister lives in cleveland and just got married that is why he goes into cleveland for those of you that would ask what he is doing in Cleveland.

Long time reader and first time poster
so am i suppoesed to be surprised?

:cool: :flagwave: :flagwave: :flagwave: :allhail:

yes i can speak for the dolphin nation because i am the anointed one
remember I am the rock who holds this franchise together without ole mercury 40 the whole darn opra would fall apart

Finz Fury said:
I don't doubt that the store owner told you this but theres no way. It will all come down to training camp and preseason. If Feeley outperforms Frerotte, you better believe he'll be starting...and vice versa. BTW...welcome to the boards.

Who knows he (Chambers) may have said some thing to the store owner, its no coincidence that your avatar is AJ Feeley

eddie4fins said:
Who knows he (Chambers) may have said some thing to the store owner, its no coincidence that your avatar is AJ Feeley

Now if the same story was posted but instead of Chambers saying that Frerotte would be QB he said it would be Feeley, would you still say something like "who knows he may have said something to the store owner" or would you be claiming that this thread is bs?

I don't get why people have soo much trouble believing this. You have guy who has a reasonable, possible connection to Chambers and no apparent agenda who made a claim. Chambers believes that Gus will beat out AJ. It doesn't mean it's written in stone or that Saban has made a decision. It's just his opinion. And based on most MC reports it's reasonable. In addition AJ has a rep for being a horrible practice player (he wasn't great in the games either). Why is it soo unbelievable that Chambers would say this? Or that this hat salesman in a town Chambers frequents could know Chambers.

This rumor is in line with whispers that I have heard from various sources that say the players have been more impressed with Frerotte than Feeley so far. The coaches have too. Right now, the only thing keeping the coaches from closing the competition is the reality that Feeley is learning a brand new offense while Frerotte is like the Travis Daniels of the group and knows everything in and out.

Just because you want or need a slab of steak that doesn't mean you have to pretend that the piece of bacon in front of you is prime rib. Just because we need a quarterback of the future, you don't dress up AJ Feeley as a QB of the future. Cream rises to the top. If AJ is the quarterback of the future he will rise up and take the starting position. I've never heard of a grade A quarterback riding the pine his entire career because he never got a shot. There's no such thing as a QB who is really good but needs to not have to compete in order to be really good. The guys that compete well in practice compete well in games. If you have a guy who crumbles under the pressure of competition for his job in practice, how will he react when its the 4th quarter and we're down by a TD and need to drive 40 yards in 30 seconds?

Gus Frerotte will probably be our starter. Everyone thought that Saban and the staff reviewed the tape of last season and came away with the impression that AJ Feeley is a good QB, just because we didn't go out and overtly replace him or overpay for a QB in trade. The reality might be that Linehan reviewed those tapes, came to the conclusion that AJ isn't the guy, offered up a guy who he knows can run his system at a cheap price, and instead of Saban stepping in and outright demoting a guy who won over some loyalty in the locker room last season with a few gutsy performances (emphasis on few), he brought in the other dude to compete, and let the players see for themselves which guy they want throwing to them.

You ask Randy McMichael and Chris Chambers, in private, who they think will win the QB competition, and who they want to catch passes from, I can about 90% guarantee they both say Gus.

wyatt erp said:
Hey oh anointed one how in the hell does one bring sanity back to the boards when you were arrested for driving a a lawn mower down a highway while intoxicated and the then you tried to elude police after you blew out a back tire. by the way , what happened to the mower merc?

Is merc really George Jones the "possum"?

The grass is always greener....If Gus was/is that good, then there would have been a premium for his services. The job is Feeley's to lose. Unfortunately, he might just do that.

I don't care who starts at qb as long as they are the best out of the group that we have. We do need a qb for the future. I think most of us feel that way. However, WTF was Chambers doing in a mall "looking" for a Dolphin hat. Like he doesn't get all that he needs from the team already. I think the story would have more credibility if he saw Chambers at McDonalds instead.

rafael said:
I don't get why people have soo much trouble believing this. You have guy who has a reasonable, possible connection to Chambers and no apparent agenda who made a claim. Chambers believes that Gus will beat out AJ. It doesn't mean it's written in stone or that Saban has made a decision. It's just his opinion. And based on most MC reports it's reasonable. In addition AJ has a rep for being a horrible practice player (he wasn't great in the games either). Why is it soo unbelievable that Chambers would say this? Or that this hat salesman in a town Chambers frequents could know Chambers.

Good point man. I can see you are a sharp guy who knows a sure thing when he sees it.

I have some investment opportunities you might be interested in. I have a bridge in Brooklyn for sale, as well as some swamp land in Florida. I can give you a two for one for GREAT price - but only because it's you! ;)

Drfletcherdc said:
I don't care who starts at qb as long as they are the best out of the group that we have. We do need a qb for the future. I think most of us feel that way. However, WTF was Chambers doing in a mall "looking" for a Dolphin hat. Like he doesn't get all that he needs from the team already. I think the story would have more credibility if he saw Chambers at McDonalds instead.

Dude - all NFL players buy there team gear at a mall in Cleveland. What did you think the teams just GIVE them their jerseys?

TouchDown said:
The grass is always greener....If Gus was/is that good, then there would have been a premium for his services. The job is Feeley's to lose. Unfortunately, he might just do that.

Yeah, I'm not sayin that Gus is some saviour, but his value to us, a team whose system he already knows and seems suited for, is higher than his value to another team I know that much.

Gus ain't that great. Unfortunately, I think Feeley is worst right now. Feeley strikes me as a dude that needs to settle down and learn the system from the bench for a year or two, then come out and perform. That is the situation he was in at Philly where he excelled. Here, we tossed him in the fire, and he lit a fart.

Back
Top Bottom