Next Year's OL?? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Next Year's OL??

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet

It's not homerism. I've worked in the health care field for 20 yrs.

Yes it is homerism when you go against every article out there that states that his rehab is on track. There isn't even a hint of anything out there suggesting he's even close to behind in that respect.

I can see him getting lost in the shuffle though. Plenty of guard competition there this year and his lack of pass blocking could relegate him to being a backup.

Wade I could see being let go. He's merely average. I have a feeling that we will probably end up drafting just as many linemen next year and then completely overhauling the Oline.

Sam Cowart injured achilles in September 2001.

Sam Cowart traded March 2002.

Sam Cowart outside linebacker Jets 2002 124 tackles, 94 solo, 33 assists, 2 sacks, 8 pass defense.

Takeo Spikes 2002 113 tackles, 93 solo, 20 assists, 1.5 sacks, 1 pass defense.

Funny...After Cowart's achilles injury in 2001, he played better than your new guy...

Originally posted by 1972dolphins
Sam Cowart injured achilles in September 2001.

Sam Cowart traded March 2002.

Sam Cowart outside linebacker Jets 2002 124 tackles, 94 solo, 33 assists, 2 sacks, 8 pass defense.

Takeo Spikes 2002 113 tackles, 93 solo, 20 assists, 1.5 sacks, 1 pass defense.

Funny...After Cowart's achilles injury in 2001, he played better than your new guy...

Grow up, man. we have to tolerate enough of this crap from Bills fans,. Dont spit it back in their face. :down:

Comparing numbers?

Leading rusher, leading sacker, #1 D in AFC= missed playoffs

Stats don't tell the whole story

Originally posted by MDFINFAN
It's funny, in the USA Today weeky sporting news, Ruddy is the only OL on our team in the Top 30. Yet he relegated to an after thought by us most of the time..Nails is on the rebound and probably won't have his 2002 form, so I see him resigning with us, Wade is the wild card here. So if he doesn't come back, I see the following:

Dixon, Nails, Ruddy, McKinney, Smith...I think if Miami finds a LT..then they let Wade go..Then the line can look like:
New guy, Dixon, McKinney, Nails, Smith.

We can certainly use the Franchise Tag on Wade. I doubt we'll just let him go, unless he is very mediocre next year. The deal is, with a Franchise tag - he's not going to get LT money, but RT money. Furthermore, for those who look at what guys are "averaging" (like Pace) - the Tag numbers do not average in bonus money, but just salaries. So, a guy like Pace will not factor at all - and some of the top salaries among RT's are not that great. Also, few guys want to sign the Tag b/c it doesn't give them assurance beyond one year and it's not guaranteed money. What the Tag really does is keep a guy off the market so a team and the player can take their time to decide on the future. With the Tag, or even the threat, we can then either manufacture a trade or look to sign him to a long term deal. But, as a RT, he's not going to garner as much money as a top LT. That's just the nature of the league. And, he's definitely not LT material.

I like Muck's lineup a lot and think both of the future lineups are very realistic.

Sorry Da'Fins but that's not correct. The tags are average of the top 5 and top 10 cap numbers at a respective position, thus the tag for an OT next season is likely to be around $6 million

Last edited by a moderator:
In applying the "transition" designation, the Bengals in essence have tendered Spikes a one-year contract offer at the average of the 2002 salary cap values for the 10 highest-paid linebackers in the league. That average is $4.846 million and, even though Spikes is unlikely to accept such a deal, that amount immediately counts against the Cincinnati salary cap for the 2003 season.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/columns/pasquarelli_len/1507402.html

Sorry Da'Fins but that's not correct. The tags are average of the top 5 and top 10 cap numbers at a respective position, thus the tag for an OT next season is likely to be around $6 million

Da'Fins this is correct, they don't break out by LT vs RT..it's just Tackles, this is why I said if we found a LT that's worth it, I think we let a RT go to sign a really good LT. This would probably take the combine salaries of Ruddy, Todd, and Wade to accomplish. That's why my final line looked like.

New guy, Dixon(if he doesn't retire)Seth, Nails, Smith

I can't see us franchising a RT. Wade isn't worth elite money. He's not even worth upper echelon money. He won't be franchised.

Originally posted by 1972dolphins
Muck,

Bust out some of that game film and display how good Nails was and Mckinney wasn't in 2002...

Oh, I don't wanna do that. I don't wanna think about the bad times. I wanna put it behind us and let the kid improve. :)

Originally posted by Muck

Oh, I don't wanna do that. I don't wanna think about the bad times. I wanna put it behind us and let the kid improve. :)

Hey Muck, has the off season died yet? :lol:

Originally posted by Surferosa

Grow up, man. we have to tolerate enough of this crap from Bills fans,. Dont spit it back in their face. :down:

What are you talking about ?

Clump threw out the old "achilles recovery" thing in the case of Nails and Cowart and I illustrated my point.

What's the problem ?

Grow up.?.?...hhhhhhmmmm......Doesn't sound like fun....

Sam Cowart was allowed to become a UFA, not traded.

You know....I was sitting here this morning drinking the coffee and shooting my keyboard off just prior to getting ready for work...

I left the 'puter and during the brushing of the teeth I said to myself

"I said traded...He's gonna burn me for saying traded.." :lol:

Back
Top Bottom