Next Year's OL?? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Next Year's OL??

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
Provost was a 6th rd pick this year. Jerman was a rookie FA a couple of years ago. Neither one has any NFL playing experience. How do you know that they are solid players? Why is it that only the players that Miami drafts are studs and Bills draft picks are just projects.

Because our front office doesn't spend a 1st on an injured RB when we already got a good rusher.

Also Jerman was the only undrafted player to stick with this team last year and made it through the offseason cuts so far. Miami has also made no attempt at signing someone for his spot. Provost no idea yet. That's what training camp is for. I doubt he will stick at this point however with Spriggs and Smith both gone there are plenty of backup spots available.

yeah they spend them on rejects like Avery:lol: Yatil Green :rofl:

At least McGahee has talent

Yatil Green had talent just went through some tough injuries.Question is McGahee will be the same?

Originally posted by Muck
Next season, I think that we'll see a minimum of two new starters. And it is possible (though not likely) that we could have 5 new starters on that OL. So what do you think it will look like??

2003 (tentative): Dixon/Nails/Ruddy/Perry/Wade

2004: Smith/Dixon/McKinney/Nails/Wade
........Smith/Nails/McKinney/Whitley/Wade

Obviously the first one is our choice. The guard lineup is actually what we're hoping for this year. The second choice is also very nice. But it leaves us scrambling for depth, as we'll have lost three veterans.

I think Perry is surely a gonner. And Ruddy will not sit on the bench. So he's probably gone too. As you can see, I'm banking on Wade being re-signed (it will happen), Smith stepping in at LT, and Nails coming back strong.

I love the idea of Nails next to RT Wade...those two are both tough run blockers.......I'm also pretty excited about Taylor Whitley...seems like another big tough sOB (reminds me of Todd Wade).....all that said...it won't surprise me at all to see Wade Smith develop into our best OL in a couple years.

Originally posted by minus

Yatil Green had talent just went through some tough injuries.Question is McGahee will be the same?

HOPEFULLY..... HAD RESPECT FOR MCGAHEE TILL HE SIGNED WITH BILLS...............HE WAS A RISK TO TAKE AND THEY DID..

WISH HE WOULD'VE BEEN DRAFTED BY SOMEONE LIKE SEATTLE OR KANSAS CITY.... BUT FLORIDA COLLEGE PLAYERS WHO END UP IN THE AFC EAST, NOT FINZ , ARE NOW HATED RIVALS.. SWALLOW? MAYBE BUT MY HEART IS AQUA.....:pirate: :eat: :rolleyes:

yeah they spend them on rejects like Avery:lol: Yatil Green :rofl:

At least McGahee has talent

Tsk tsk......our current front office had nothing to do with those ones :D I think there is only one or 2 guys left from that staff still around.

Provost was a 6th rd pick this year. Jerman was a rookie FA a couple of years ago. Neither one has any NFL playing experience. How do you know that they are solid players? Why is it that only the players that Miami drafts are studs and Bills draft picks are just projects.

'coz this is our board dammit! :D

Originally posted by Sherif
OL is a definate weakness. Look at the depth chart.

http://www.miamidolphinsbahamas.com/depth.html

Injury to the OL like for most teams as well as the Phins spells disaster

Sherif, what drugs were those guys taking..Look at their depth chart again.
1st Team-------------------------------2nd Team
WLB 55 Junior Seau ---------------58 Scott Galyon
SLB 52 Morlon Greenwood------- 56 Twan Russell
WR 84 Chris Chambers----------- 86 Chris Jackson
TE 81 Randy McMichael -----------85 Donald Lee

I'm not sure about their final roster reserves on the OL.

RESPECT to hovan, last year he made the o=line look worst than any other single individual.... the boy is a beast... after last year i am not too worried about the o=line.... the personnel didnt improve, but the schemes did....hopefully some of these new guys become stars.. whitley, mckinney....someone will step up..

Originally posted by MDFINFAN

Sherif, what drugs were those guys taking..Look at their depth chart again.
1st Team-------------------------------2nd Team
WLB 55 Junior Seau ---------------58 Scott Galyon
SLB 52 Morlon Greenwood------- 56 Twan Russell
WR 84 Chris Chambers----------- 86 Chris Jackson
TE 81 Randy McMichael -----------85 Donald Lee

I'm not sure about their final roster reserves on the OL.

Thats pretty funny MD. I dont know where Baha got that Information. But the OL info is halfway accurate.

Regarding Hovan he may be a beast but he's also a cheater. He jumped offsides 3-4 times and wasn't called.

SHERIF.................

[Regarding Hovan he may be a beast but he's also a cheater. He jumped offsides 3-4 times and wasn't called. [/B][/QUOTE]

I DO NOT BUY INTO THE REFS SCREWED US SCHEMES....

HE DID THE SAME THING ALL GAME LONG & WE COULD NOT STOP

HIM, PERIOD....:yell: :pirate: :fire:

ALL IS DECIDED ON THE FIELD.........

Greg Jerman did indeed get game action twice last season. He's a very strong guy. I bet he makes the team again.

Yatil Green a reject?? I seem to remember him being pretty dominant in college. John Avery just wasn't a good pick. But he was pretty awesome in college too.

If McGahee tears the ACL again (which would be a third tear), we'll we be :rofl: because Willis was a "reject"?? :confused:

again let's hope

If McGahee tears the ACL again (which would be a third tear), we'll we be :rofl: because Willis was a "reject"?? :confused: [/B][/QUOTE]

:tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

he's a bill?

Man if we had a DT like Hovan in there who can push the pocket back our defensive line would be scary as hell especially with Seau popping through there whenever he wanted. I'm really crossing my fingers that the next DT we get when Bowens doesn't fit into plans anymore can really push that line back.

Back
Top Bottom