NFL 1000: Final Regular Season Breakdown - Miami Dolphins Edition | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL 1000: Final Regular Season Breakdown - Miami Dolphins Edition

well I guess that's possible given sometimes corners get kicked inside due to alignment and formation etc but 7 times isn't much of a sample size

I think slot grades should be more saved for actual slot corners

The graders claim Howard lined up in the slot 7 times this year.

Doesnt seem like a good sample size, but thats fine he is here to play the boundary. Imagine McCains ratings when he tried to play outside last year. Yuck.

No doubt and its killing me. Just think what a good/great MLB would be for this team. Suh, a complete MLB, Jones behind that. Will 2017 be the year? Seems like we say it almost every year.

there's no complete mike short of luke kuechly and maybe sean lee in dallas who has been hurt prior to this year his entire career who can do all the things asked of the mike and grade out plus given the deficiencies all around the mike this year in this scheme

you cant ask for all this range and expect high level gap fill and poa play...it's more rare than franchise qbs

Upgrading Mike should be priority #1.

Kiko at will would be a definite upgrade, he can shoot gaps at a high level.

there's no complete mike short of luke kuechly and maybe sean lee in dallas who has been hurt prior to this year his entire career who can do all the things asked of the mike and grade out plus given the deficiencies all around the mike this year in this scheme

you cant ask for all this range and expect high level gap fill and poa play...it's more rare than franchise qbs

Fair, you already know it burns me though that we had chances to greatly upgrade the LB position and we didnt. Hopefully Phillips turns out to be a heck of players as oe example.

Thanks for this SOS. That's a damn good assessment compared to what else is out there. Seeing the list reminds of what a disappointment Darr has been. Not sure how they can give Howard a fair evaluation but he did play more games than Reshad and Pouncey.

Fair, you already know it burns me though that we had chances to greatly upgrade the LB position and we didnt. Hopefully Phillips turns out to be a heck of players as oe example.

eric kendricks couldn't handle this poa and fill stuff in this scheme

I'd say pair kiko with the vandy kid Cunningham and you'd have interchangeable weak and mike options for the nickel and an instant upgrade but I'd say the odds of that getting to us at 23 are slim to none...but that's the type of add we need...Cunningham is gonna fill out at 6 foot 4 and 245 lbs with range for days and while the poa play still needs work you can see where it will be there in time

if they grade the process there should be some accountability for the fact kikos played all year with nothing around him at lb...I don't disagree with the carry coverage and the poa play are inconsistent at best but miamis basically asked him to make up for deficiencies all around him...and the last 5 weeks he's done it with one arm really and no real ability to wrap up due to the thumb...at least they mentioned his range

if he's that bad they won't tender him they wll let him walk...we'll see

Yeah, that thumb cast is a detriment to his play. People may not view a thumb as a big deal but coaching points for shedding blocks all start with hands & hips. Here's a little something I ran across a while back to give others an idea of the difficulties the cast lends to.

Former Dolphin LB Coach Mark Duffner talks about striking/shedding blocks. Minute mark 1:15

[video=youtube;7mm8aqveM8s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mm8aqveM8s[/video]

I'd say pair kiko with the vandy kid Cunningham and you'd have interchangeable weak and mike options for the nickel and an instant upgrade but I'd say the odds of that getting to us at 23 are slim to none...but that's the type of add we need...Cunningham is gonna fill out at 6 foot 4 and 245 lbs with range for days and while the poa play still needs work you can see where it will be there in time

So Cunningham is probably beyond our reach (sounds familiar) who after? Im afraid this becomes the problem will probably draft other players at a different position that grade out higher. I doubt we get anyone in FA the couple top names I dont expect to leave their current teams.

This is kinda what happened at OL till Tunsil was gifted to us.

since he's had that thumb injury he's been pretty much dropping the shoulder or trying to cut a lot of guys

he still puts his shoulder in there but that thumb is playing into his play no doubt...he can't wrap up he's more pawing you with it or trying to drag you down and late use his other arm to chop

Thanks for this SOS. That's a damn good assessment compared to what else is out there. Seeing the list reminds of what a disappointment Darr has been. Not sure how they can give Howard a fair evaluation but he did play more games than Reshad and Pouncey.

I had been following and reading a lot of material from the writers at Bleacher Report for a year or so and they've assembled a really good staff. The grades aren't perfect, and they'll be the first to admit it, but they didn't try and hide behind any "magical" process either like some other sites.

Am I crazy to think we can move Kiko to WOLB next year and find a solid MLB?

This, in my opinion, is precisely what the Fins should do. Give me Zach Cunningham at Mike and Kiko at Will, and a big part of the LB problems are resolved.

---------- Post added at 09:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 AM ----------

Never mind...I see this has already been covered.

So Cunningham is probably beyond our reach (sounds familiar) who after? Im afraid this becomes the problem will probably draft other players at a different position that grade out higher. I doubt we get anyone in FA the couple top names I dont expect to leave their current teams.

This is kinda what happened at OL till Tunsil was gifted to us.

I was bored and I popped in a couple tapes of Cunningham and was blown away...where I was literally saying no way this gets out of the top 20...no way...unless this class is just ridiculously good

he's just what the doctor ordered for Miami I'm sure vandy coaches watch that tape and can't believe that kid ended up there...I'd say trade up in front of Washington who I'm sure has eyes on him but we traded our leverage in the caroo deal

what I see on tape says top 10 grade in any class

as for others I don't know...I saw the foster kid in prior years and he looked the thumper poa and fill type but I didn't think he had the range for this scheme especially and I didn't see the instincts for the position overall more a primary assignment lb type

I saw mccmillon I don't think that was a great fit either but only bits and pieces...another guy whose range I didn't like for us

i'll give these guys some more looks but I'd say Cunningham is exactly what Miami needs

I swear to God, if Tannenbaum and company have an offensive draft heads should roll. Address the G position and some other OL depth but the draft has got to be used to shore up the LBs.

Back
Top Bottom