NFL 1000: Final Regular Season Breakdown - Miami Dolphins Edition | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL 1000: Final Regular Season Breakdown - Miami Dolphins Edition

I was bored and I popped in a couple tapes of Cunningham and was blown away...where I was literally saying no way this gets out of the top 20...no way...unless this class is just ridiculously good

he's just what the doctor ordered for Miami I'm sure vandy coaches watch that tape and can't believe that kid ended up there...I'd say trade up in front of Washington who I'm sure has eyes on him but we traded our leverage in the caroo deal

what I see on tape says top 10 grade in any class

as for others I don't know...I saw the foster kid in prior years and he looked the thumper poa and fill type but I didn't think he had the range for this scheme especially and I didn't see the instincts for the position overall more a primary assignment lb type

I saw mccmillon I don't think that was a great fit either but only bits and pieces...another guy whose range I didn't like for us

i'll give these guys some more looks but I'd say Cunningham is exactly what Miami needs

They just might have to try to trade, have to try and solve it at some point, like you said too bad they used those assets last year - would have been in a strong position this year.

Will have to see what and how many compensation picks they end up with but would have been in such a better position if we didnt make that trade last year.

They just might have to try to trade, have to try and solve it at some point, like you said too bad they used those assets last year - would have been in a strong position this year.

Will have to see what and how many compensation picks they end up with but would have been in such a better position if we didnt make that trade last year.

after the combine he's probably gonna carry a universal top 10 grade cause he's so interchangeable mike and weak and he's got ideal measurables and physical tools

I guarantee you scouts are way ahead of the media on this

after the combine he's probably gonna carry a universal top 10 grade cause he's so interchangeable mike and weak and he's got ideal measurables and physical tools

I guarantee you scouts are way ahead of the media on this

Like Apple last year :brewskis:

Before the combine Cunningham is slotted about where will pick....

I was bored and I popped in a couple tapes of Cunningham and was blown away...where I was literally saying no way this gets out of the top 20...no way...unless this class is just ridiculously good

he's just what the doctor ordered for Miami I'm sure vandy coaches watch that tape and can't believe that kid ended up there...I'd say trade up in front of Washington who I'm sure has eyes on him but we traded our leverage in the caroo deal

what I see on tape says top 10 grade in any class

as for others I don't know...I saw the foster kid in prior years and he looked the thumper poa and fill type but I didn't think he had the range for this scheme especially and I didn't see the instincts for the position overall more a primary assignment lb type

I saw mccmillon I don't think that was a great fit either but only bits and pieces...another guy whose range I didn't like for us

i'll give these guys some more looks but I'd say Cunningham is exactly what Miami needs

Its a very deep class. I've seen mocks with him dropping. Rubuen Foster also is a guy I like. Theres a reason Alabama has the best defenses they ever fielded and hes a big reason why

Anthony Walker and Jarrad Davis too. Not a chance all of these guys are gone before we pick. Although you could be onto something with Cunningham shooting way up the charts. Cunningham is the guy I want

Tragic:

4-3 Outside Line Backers: out of 46

Spencer Paysinger #40
Neville Hewitt #41
Donald Butler #45
Jelani Jenkins #46

Grading Scale

Tragic:

4-3 Outside Line Backers: out of 46

Spencer Paysinger #40
Neville Hewitt #41
Donald Butler #45
Jelani Jenkins #46

Grading Scale

That is why LB HAS to be#1 priority. I'd sign a big name like Mingo or Hightower then draft one of the guys i mentioned

I was referring to the other bama backer that just got drafted by buffalo got him mixed up with foster...I haven't seen foster

I was referring to the other bama backer that just got drafted by buffalo got him mixed up with foster...I haven't seen foster

Here's my question. Would you overpay for a Mingo or Hightower. IMO those are the best LBs in free agency

Here's my question. Would you overpay for a Mingo or Hightower. IMO those are the best LBs in free agency

I think were going to have to do it in the draft. Fingers crossed. I think there may be a temptation to go TE depending who is there though at our pick.

I think were going to have to do it in the draft. Fingers crossed. I think there may be a temptation to go TE depending who is there though at our pick.

yep

top pick will be one of lb, seam tight end, or de

all 3 of which to get real difference makers you got to draft

I'm somewhat surprised no one called out the #17 ranking for Ajayi or the #11 ranking for Lamar Miller.

I had began tracking Ajayi's runs in the latter part of the season, and although he was incredible at creating his own yards after contact, he had some issues with making the correct reads (granted the blocking was there in the first place) and bouncing runs outside leading to a lot of negative yardage. That was my largest knock on him, but didn't see that it warranted a ranking outside the top 15. Top 10 is more appropriate given his absolute dominance in YAC.

Now Lamar Miller, this is why I dig these grades. Not b/c he's a former player that I would have loved to have seen retained, but b/c they were able to separate his production from the all to common fantasy football perspective and ID his value on a horrible offense.

I'm somewhat surprised no one called out the #17 ranking for Ajayi or the #11 ranking for Lamar Miller.

I had began tracking Ajayi's runs in the latter part of the season, and although he was incredible at creating his own yards after contact, he had some issues with making the correct reads (granted the blocking was there in the first place) and bouncing runs outside leading to a lot of negative yardage. That was my largest knock on him, but didn't see that it warranted a ranking outside the top 15. Top 10 is more appropriate given his absolute dominance in YAC.

Now Lamar Miller, this is why I dig these grades. Not b/c he's a former player that I would have loved to have seen retained, but b/c they were able to separate his production from the all to common fantasy football perspective and ID his value on a horrible offense.

I think this is another flaw of their grading structure. These guys who dominate as inside runners, but aren't particularly special catching passes or that aren't asked to protect much are going to get dinged. Sure the complete backs are deserving of the higher grades, but these pure runners probably aren't going to be reflected adequately in this format. Him and Jordan Howard have similar grades.

I do agree with your assessment of Ajayi, but I really think it's tough to put rankings together using a formula. I'm more interested in looking at what guys excel at and how they grade out, as opposed to their overall sum compared to their peers.

I think this is another flaw of their grading structure. These guys who dominate as inside runners, but aren't particularly special catching passes or that aren't asked to protect much are going to get dinged. Sure the complete backs are deserving of the higher grades, but these pure runners probably aren't going to be reflected adequately in this format. Him and Jordan Howard have similar grades.

I do agree with your assessment of Ajayi, but I really think it's tough to put rankings together using a formula. I'm more interested in looking at what guys excel at and how they grade out, as opposed to their overall sum compared to their peers.

Sure there will be some unfair drawbacks towards more specialized players, but it's a generally fair overall scale.

In: Inside Running (Graded out of 25)
Out: Outside Running (Graded out of 25)
Rec: Receiving (Graded out of 20)
Blk: Blocking (Graded out of 20)
Pos: Positional Value (Graded out of 10)
Ovr: Top Possible Score of 100

Back
Top Bottom