NFL 1000: Final Regular Season Breakdown - Miami Dolphins Edition | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL 1000: Final Regular Season Breakdown - Miami Dolphins Edition

I think were going to have to do it in the draft. Fingers crossed. I think there may be a temptation to go TE depending who is there though at our pick.

There's no way the Dolphins will draft a TE in what many scouts to be the most talented defensive class in recent memory, Positional value have to be taken into account!

We have to go defense. We can't take the next step if we don't get better on defense

Sure there will be some unfair drawbacks towards more specialized players, but it's a generally fair overall scale.

In: Inside Running (Graded out of 25)
Out: Outside Running (Graded out of 25)
Rec: Receiving (Graded out of 20)
Blk: Blocking (Graded out of 20)
Pos: Positional Value (Graded out of 10)
Ovr: Top Possible Score of 100

It's better than the WR scale for sure. Was just expressing why I think Ajayi is rated as low as he is. It's basically impossible to rank guys accurately with a cumulative grade unless there are a ton of factors in the equation.

I'm somewhat surprised no one called out the #17 ranking for Ajayi or the #11 ranking for Lamar Miller.

I had began tracking Ajayi's runs in the latter part of the season, and although he was incredible at creating his own yards after contact, he had some issues with making the correct reads (granted the blocking was there in the first place) and bouncing runs outside leading to a lot of negative yardage. That was my largest knock on him, but didn't see that it warranted a ranking outside the top 15. Top 10 is more appropriate given his absolute dominance in YAC.

Now Lamar Miller, this is why I dig these grades. Not b/c he's a former player that I would have loved to have seen retained, but b/c they were able to separate his production from the all to common fantasy football perspective and ID his value on a horrible offense.

I don't think you have 16 backs in the NFL right now that are better than Ajayi. So I agree with you there. But with rankings, there's always subjectivity.

We have to go defense. We can't take the next step if we don't get better on defense

I hear you guys, would rather go defense myself hoestly. I could see the war room where Gase mouth is watering as he sees the number one rated TE possibly sitting there at our pick (thus I said tempted) and Grier/Tannenbaum saying no we are going defense....

I hear you guys, would rather go defense myself hoestly. I could see the war room where Gase mouth is watering as he sees the number one rated TE possibly sitting there at our pick (thus I said tempted) and Grier/Tannenbaum saying no we are going defense....

Who is that btw? Leggett?

I'm not sure who they would have as one on their board him or i.e.. Howard, Butt saw one mock with Njoku to use which I thought was high.

Yea Butt that's right he was #1 by most scouts. Wonder how the injury will effect that

I think you are more likely to see the tight end in round 2 which means oj howard gone and andrews for oklahoma if he comes out also likely off the table

More the bucky hodges or njoku range but i think miami would prefer hodges given the red zone iso options...i will say though that va tech didn't do a good job of getting hodges ready for the pros hes still a very raw route runner...in that regard not much different then he looked as a freshman

I would expect a lb top pick as of right now...maybe some of those other options nick mentioned warrant it...cunningham looks like hes gonna run about 4.6 possibly better to me which should mean miami doesnt sniff it...you want a shot pray for at least 4.7

I think that ships already sailed

Some combo of lb te or de with those top 2 picks...

That's the scary part, Gase definitely seems like the type to do something like that but it would be a stupid decision. This TE draft class in 2017 is the best I've ever seen and even though I'd love to see what Gase offense can do with a seam stretching tight end, we have too many holes on defense.

I dont think its scary provided we draft good players but you absolutely must upgrade this Lb corp

Cause its a crater size hole on tape...it plays like a unit full of udfas

You want to contend in 2017 you fix that lb corp

That's the scary part, Gase definitely seems like the type to do something like that but it would be a stupid decision. This TE draft class in 2017 is the best I've ever seen and even though I'd love to see what Gase offense can do with a seam stretching tight end, we have too many holes on defense.

We can probably afford to go TE in the top 3 rounds. Free agency must address LB in some way

I think you are gonna end up making marginal moves in free agency at lb that cost you a bunch of money for average at best return or adding guys who have limitations as players

I say get it in the draft...provided its there

I think you are more likely to see the tight end in round 2 which means oj howard gone and andrews for oklahoma if he comes out also likely off the table

More the bucky hodges or njoku range but i think miami would prefer hodges given the red zone iso options...i will say though that va tech didn't do a good job of getting hodges ready for the pros hes still a very raw route runner...in that regard not much different then he looked as a freshman

I would expect a lb top pick as of right now...maybe some of those other options nick mentioned warrant it...cunningham looks like hes gonna run about 4.6 possibly better to me which should mean miami doesnt sniff it...you want a shot pray for at least 4.7

I think that ships already sailed

Some combo of lb te or de with those top 2 picks...

I'm willing to bet the farm we draft an edge rusher! The DE,DB,TE and RB Class are epic but edge rushers that win with speed have the highest positional value in the NFL after QB's and it's also a position of need for us. Honestly I like Cunningham a little more than I like Foster but even if he did declare there's no way (some insiders say he's returning to school smh) he'd still be available by the time we draft.

[

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom