Tucker Kraft, South Dakota State6.6792
Travis Vokolek, Nebraska6.6131
Noah Gindorff, North Dakota State6.5723
Brayden Willis, Oklahoma6.4553
Will Mallory, Miami (FL)6.2472
Sam LaPorta, Iowa6.01111
Cameron Latu, Alabama5.7556
Josh Whyle, Cincinnati5.6958

meant to add this but forgot. Seven yards after a catch average is unreal. Keeps coming up Washington or Kraft.
Do you have a link to this Sobe?

Written for fantasy but the grades and metrics are identical. A ton of info.

COMBINED CONSENSUS RANKING OF ALL STABLE METRICS SINCE 2021

RankingTight EndPFF Big Board TE Rank
1Dalton Kincaid, Utah1
2Darnell Washington, Georgia5
3Michael Mayer, Notre Dame2
4Kyle Patterson, Air Force21
5Tucker Kraft, South Dakota State6
6Sam LaPorta, Iowa4
7Brayden Willis, Oklahoma16
8Luke Schoonmaker, Michigan7
9Marshon Ford, Louisville13
10Josh Whyle, Cincinnati10
11Zack Kuntz, Old Dominion8
12Cameron Latu, Alabama12

šŸŽƒ

Strange is gonna be a dolphin
Gonna be strange to have Strange as a Dolphinā€¦.hopin for Michael Myers. Donā€™t know if many of you saw it but Gaskins is pretty high up on the list of available FAā€™s. Go figure?

I think TE might be #1 on the Fins Draft To Do list. I still want to add OL but I think they are going to do that in the later FA waves when they have some of that Byron Jones folding money.

IF they choose to go TE at 51 then Kraft and LaPorta should be in play, and I would be happy with either with LaPorta a slight favorite for me.

I am still hoping they are able to trade back from one of their Day 2 picks to add a few more choices but if they can't going TE at 51 looks like the strong betting favorite unless a surprising run on TE's depletes the field.

I'm not a fan of LaPorta's fit for Miami. IMO he is a poor run blocker. He's a little too much like Gesicki in that respect to me. He just looks like a lanky WR that gets run through too often. I don't think he'll develop the strength in that area to ever be a +blocker.

Kraft shows much more power as a blocker. He has his struggles their too, but his issues seem more technique based than physical limitation based.

I do think LaPorta is a more dynamic receiver. He'll be better at getting separation. But I think Kraft will be more effective at the type of receptions he'll get in Miami. I envision that the ideal Miami TE will be a very strong run blocker that can be reliable at leaking into the flat or across the shallow middle, present a good target and then break a tackle to get that needed first down. (Basically Darnell Washington). Kraft isn't dynamic, but he has that bowling ball type of running style that's just hard to bring down. I don't imagine many 60 yard TDs, but I do imagine a ton 15 yard plays at the next level.

Gonna roll with another Penn state TE?
But it's a different system than when our last Penn State TE was there. They used more of a receiving TE when Gesicki was there. Then they brought in Kuntz who is very similar. But Kuntz ended up transferring to Old Dominion when the offense switched to more inline TE use. He just didn't fit. (Much like what happened to Gesicki here). Strange is more of an inline TE and a better fit for what Miami is looking for in a TE under McD.

Washington is ideal and there is a chance he could drop to us.

Once upon a time Kraft was my sleeper. Then rose to 3rd round and continues to go up with his ability to block as well as receive.
However, he is from South Dakota State and needs to improve strength, tune his blocking technique. I would not count on him for much this year.
We will see I am not sure Washington slipping to us. The way he owned the blocking sled at the combine. It would great if he did.
:ffic:

But it's a different system than when our last Penn State TE was there. They used more of a receiving TE when Gesicki was there. Then they brought in Kuntz who is very similar. But Kuntz ended up transferring to Old Dominion when the offense switched to more inline TE use. He just didn't fit. (Much like what happened to Gesicki here). Strange is more of an inline TE and a better fit for what Miami is looking for in a TE under McD.
Im fine with grabbing a TE on day 3. Its a deep TE draft, and there are a few id be happy with.

I hope we dont waste our 2nd round pick on a guy that might touch the ball 5 times a game, on a career day. Get me a RB before a TE please.

I'm not a fan of LaPorta's fit for Miami. IMO he is a poor run blocker. He's a little too much like Gesicki in that respect to me. He just looks like a lanky WR that gets run through too often. I don't think he'll develop the strength in that area to ever be a +blocker.

Kraft shows much more power as a blocker. He has his struggles their too, but his issues seem more technique based than physical limitation based.

I do think LaPorta is a more dynamic receiver. He'll be better at getting separation. But I think Kraft will be more effective at the type of receptions he'll get in Miami. I envision that the ideal Miami TE will be a very strong run blocker that can be reliable at leaking into the flat or across the shallow middle, present a good target and then break a tackle to get that needed first down. (Basically Darnell Washington). Kraft isn't dynamic, but he has that bowling ball type of running style that's just hard to bring down. I don't imagine many 60 yard TDs, but I do imagine a ton 15 yard plays at the next level.
This...

I think a lot of posters begin by saying, "Gesicki was never a proper fit in this offense because he didn't block well', then immediately pivoting to draftable TEs based solely on their receiving skills and ability to get yards after the catch... forgetting about the reason that Gesicki didn't work for us in the first place.

It's an inconsistency... and a big one.

Im fine with grabbing a TE on day 3. Its a deep TE draft, and there are a few id be happy with.

I hope we dont waste our 2nd round pick on a guy that might touch the ball 5 times a game, on a career day. Get me a RB before a TE please.
...and THIS.

I don't mind if we add a TE that doesn't touch the ball much if he's a factor in the game as a blocker. If Washington was there at 51 I'd run the card up there in a flash.

Back
Top Bottom