NFL 2023 Draft TEs- A closer Look | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL 2023 Draft TEs- A closer Look

Im fine with grabbing a TE on day 3. Its a deep TE draft, and there are a few id be happy with.

I hope we dont waste our 2nd round pick on a guy that might touch the ball 5 times a game, on a career day. Get me a RB before a TE please.
I think it will be player dependent.

If either Washington or Gibbs is on the board at 51, I hope they will be the pick. We’d probably go Washington over Gibbs if both are still there, but I can’t imagine that happening.

But we really could do a lot of different things. One of our first two picks will almost definitely be a tight end, but the other could be anything — none of RB, DT, OT, OG, or S would shock me.

I think it will be player dependent.

If either Washington or Gibbs is on the board at 51, I hope they will be the pick. We’d probably go Washington over Gibbs if both are still there, but I can’t imagine that happening.

But we really could do a lot of different things. One of our first two picks will almost definitely be a tight end, but the other could be anything — none of RB, DT, OT, OG, or S would shock me.
Safety would shock me... with Holland, Jones, and Elliot. I think we already have three young, talented safeties... and Campbell and Williams give us depth.
I'd cry real tears if we draft a Safety. I'd place it as the single lowest draft need on our board.

Gonna roll with another Penn state TE?
Damn you for saying that lol

Hey man I wanted no part of Gesicki from the get, his ceiling was the most predictable ceiling I had ever looked at in a prospect..

Hopefully Grier learned a lesson

I would be happy with strange so yes

Gonna be strange to have Strange as a Dolphin….hopin for Michael Myers. Don’t know if many of you saw it but Gaskins is pretty high up on the list of available FA’s. Go figure?
I’m not following bud?

Im fine with grabbing a TE on day 3. Its a deep TE draft, and there are a few id be happy with.

I hope we dont waste our 2nd round pick on a guy that might touch the ball 5 times a game, on a career day. Get me a RB before a TE please.
I don’t think that’s the right way to look at a TE. The tight end in this offense would be a big part of the run blocking scheme and if he can catch the ball as well, it really puts the defense in a bind.

Safety would shock me... with Holland, Jones, and Elliot. I think we already have three young, talented safeties... and Campbell and Williams give us depth.
I'd cry real tears if we draft a Safety. I'd place it as the single lowest draft need on our board.
I heard they love Sydney Brown.

Damn you for saying that lol

Hey man I wanted no part of Gesicki from the get, his ceiling was the most predictable ceiling I had ever looked at in a prospect..

Hopefully Grier learned a lesson

I would be happy with strange so yes
Nothing against Gesicki, (I actually wanted Andrews to pair with Mayfield that year) I was hoping he could improve his blocking, that ship has sailed...

And Penn State usually does a good job with TEs, but nothing compares to a ND TE, imo, lol.

I also dont get the people that want a guy like LaPorta, but trashed Gesicki....

Ive always been a big fan of TE play, hell, I still have my Crash Jensen and Anthony Fasano Jerseys (Had to have Fasano custom made.) I just feel like our offense doesnt feature them enough to warrant a big investment in the position right now. That being said, maybe McDaniel unleashes some new wrinkles this year to make me change my mind.

Im good with a kid like Josh Whyle on day 3 for now.

I don’t think that’s the right way to look at a TE. The tight end in this offense would be a big part of the run blocking scheme and if he can catch the ball as well, it really puts the defense in a bind.
I felt Smythe did a fine job of that. Dont see the need for a seam splitter in this offense though.

The point is, Miami needs both a running back and a tight end, so either one or both would upgrade the offense. I want both.
Oh, I do too, I just prefer priority to be placed on the RB.

BTW, I think Saubert is going to fit well here.

I felt Smythe did a fine job of that. Dont see the need for a seam splitter in this offense though.
Agree with this too... With Hill and Waddle already doing so much of their damage inside, the need for a seam TE is pretty marginal.
I think we'd do best with a guy who thrives off dumped passes. Chip block out of play-action, then drag into what is now an empty linebacker space. Do this enough and the LBs won't be so willing to come up on the play-action... confusing them and actually opening up running lanes.

Since the beginning of this process... I've emphasized my belief that our number 1 offensive need is for a RB who has very good-to-elite pass-catching skills. If we could get that... AND a run-blocking TE with asbestos hands for the short passes... I think we'll have what we need to confuse the HELL out of the defense.

I thought Smythe struggled mightily as a run blocker. My take from re-watching the OL blocking is that the TE in general and most often Smythe at the point of attack, was the biggest failure on our outside zone run attempts. It was a bigger issue than any of the Ts. I thought that was why we brought in Saubrett, to replace/upgrade the TE run blocking on our outside zone run.

Back
Top Bottom