Nfl Combine Discussion Thread | Page 29 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Nfl Combine Discussion Thread

These are the guys I like that we may have a chance at. I stress may though because most likely all will be gone by 13 but one might slide.

I view each of these guys as a future game wrecker on D. I wish we didn't win that bullshvt pats game. Would've assured us one of these guys to build the defense around with X and Fitz.

Montez Sweat
Ed Oliver
Devin White
Rashan Gary

Even with the Miami Miracle and beating the disgusting Patriots we are still likely to get a stud at our pick.

This is something that has been discussed in chat, but looking at what players could fit what this team will want to do.

Versatility is a big key, players who can play in both a 3-4 and 4-3 front without losing too much, that way the team can change on the fly.

Burns who would fit the Van Noy role on the defense (as well as play end in a 4-3 with his hand in the dirt) is a strong possibility at 13.

Gary is another interesting possibility as he is about the same look and build as Hightower (and could also play with his hand in the dirt) the difference is Burns has played the LB/Rush hybrid role before at FSU. I don't know if Gary has at Michigan, but he looks plenty athletic to do so.

Dexter Lawrence could be a pick as he could play both the Nose and the 1 tech in the two different fronts.

Then you have the possibility of a CB...Baker, WIlliams, and Murphy.

A lot of different direction they can go with the 13th pick.

I also envision a trade back and looking to take one of the tiers two edge guys or one of the top level Guards/Centers.

This is something that has been discussed in chat, but looking at what players could fit what this team will want to do.

Versatility is a big key, players who can play in both a 3-4 and 4-3 front without losing too much, that way the team can change on the fly.

Burns who would fit the Van Noy role on the defense (as well as play end in a 4-3 with his hand in the dirt) is a strong possibility at 13.

Gary is another interesting possibility as he is about the same look and build as Hightower (and could also play with his hand in the dirt) the difference is Burns has played the LB/Rush hybrid role before at FSU. I don't know if Gary has at Michigan, but he looks plenty athletic to do so.

Dexter Lawrence could be a pick as he could play both the Nose and the 1 tech in the two different fronts.

I also envision a trade back and looking to take one of the tiers two edge guys or one of the top level Guards/Centers.
I agree with the trade back scenario.This is how I see it, especially with the potential to obtain picks in the 2020 draft. Moving back potentially puts them in position to draft DB's without over drafting one at #13? If you believe in the notion, that Miami drafts players they've met, Dexter Lawrence could be just what the doctor ordered. He's the best run stuffer in this draft class, while also giving you the versatility to play in both fronts.

Would love me some Ed Oliver.... Kid pass rushes like a DE, high effort, no quitting. Initial burst is something so similar to Donald.

I agree with the trade back scenario.This is how I see it, especially with the potential to obtain picks in the 2020 draft. Moving back potentially puts them in position to draft DB's without over drafting one at #13? If you believe in the notion, that Miami drafts players they've met, Dexter Lawrence could be just what the doctor ordered. He's the best run stuffer in this draft class, while also giving you the versatility to play in both fronts.

As much as I think Dexter Lawrence is in play...13 is too high for run stuffing DTs...we found solid ones in the 5th. You want a great pass rushing DT in the top half of round 1. I do think that the Dolphins could still take him because of the need for that 3-4 NT, although I would prefer an edge guy.

CBs...I know some don't like Greedy, but I do and I still think he's the best of the class. I also feel he is a top 10 talent, with that said...edge is still more important.

I kind of disagree. I dont think this staff is interested in guys that just slash up field. Hightower was a MLB coming out of Alabama, I dont think you want to draft Hightower of the last few years at 13. While hes had an impact, certainly not the impact you would hope at a guy at 13. Van Noy is much more stout at the POA and is more of a shedder rather than get up field in a hurry like Burns.

Wonder if this has been "leaked" by teams who maybe have a need at QB !

Honestly it's the season of lying, not buying anything right now.
it's always possible, apparently he didn't do that well during the media presser either

Murray is a real gamble for anybody. He could drop like Brady Quinn. Wouldn't take much. Don't believe anything you hear from teams coveting him or projecting him number one.

I think Metcalf goes to the raiders after getting rid of Cooper.

I don’t know what that kids tape looks like but I don’t think you can rule out top 5 when you test like that at that size and look like that.

He trumped Julio Jones test scores by a good margin.

I’m gonna go ahead and say provided the medical on the neck checks out he goes in front of us

If that doesn’t open db hips at the next level what the hell does?

Back
Top Bottom