Nfl Combine Discussion Thread | Page 31 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Nfl Combine Discussion Thread

Who is the better overall prospect between Ed Oliver and Devin White?

Who do we pick if both are available?
We probably pick Ed Oliver, but IMHO, Devin White is the better prospect. He may be the best player in this draft. This guy is the complete package.

Who is the better overall prospect between Ed Oliver and Devin White?

Who do we pick if both are available?

Don’t overthink it take either one of them.

When I saw 6 foot 237 I was like well maybe this kid drops due to size a little...then he ran 4.42. If that’s not top 15 worthy I’m Orville redenbacher. Vontaze Burfict type nasty and poa thump with not good not great but pure elite speed.

Miami only likely playing 2 off the los lbs most the time schematically probably means they lean Oliver’s way barring a unlikely Kiko dump this offseason . But both are sprint the card up options

On another note Brian burns carrying 249 like that probably just jumped into the top 15

Like I expect him to take what would have been polites place with a 34 team in the top 15.

He carried that weight damn well. I still don’t think the poa play will pass the buck in our scheme though. And I don’t think the ideal ask is a van noy like one.

Maybe the winovich kid if we want a pure 34 olb like fit later makes some sense. Provided we plan to line up in a 34 more than 13 snaps like the patriots did in 18.

That kid helped himself.

Sweat probably checked out of our range. A little bit of stiffness but no one will care with how he carried 260 on that frame

Rashan Gary exited too id say. Which may in some ways be a relief.

Board better watch out for Christian wilkins. I could see miami seeing him as this years minkah locker room leader wise and work ethic etc. and with the front versatility

Last edited:
So far there are 17 players that will go in the top 12. with Murray going before the first pick and of course he'll be drafted 3 times in the top 2.

For real thought, there are 12 spots ahead of us(I hate we beat NE as we should be drafting 8) so somebody very good should be there for us and what's more, we could move down a few spots and still draft a very good player. We have to be smart with that pick. I'd prefer a play maker on defense (D-line) but I'd be ok with O-line IF we move back and get an extra 2nd or 3rd depending on how far down we move. 50 more days till the draft guys and a lot can change.

If Miami is looking OL, Chris Lindstrom is the player that best fits what NE asks of its OG's. He wasn't my Top OG going in, but he was close enough to leapfrog the guys ahead of him who didn't test as well. Good player, elite athlete, good age. Same can be said of Dillard - minus the age, as that info is currently unavailable.

Overall, the OL didn't test well - particularly the top guys.

If Miami is looking OL, Chris Lindstrom is the player that best fits what NE asks of its OG's. He wasn't my Top OG going in, but he was close enough to leapfrog the guys ahead of him who didn't test as well. Good player, elite athlete, good age. Same can be said of Dillard - minus the age, as that info is currently unavailable.

I really like lindstrom and was hoping we could get him at 48 but now we can't. Taking him would help us plus would keep him away from NE

His gametape + his Senior Bowl practices + his Senior Bowl + his combine...I can't think of a guard that outdid Lindstrom.

These are my initial post-Combine thoughts about the 13th pick.

QB

Murray - not a realistic option
Haskins - probably not a realistic option and far from ideal

RB

Def not at 13

WR

Def not at 13

TE

Hockenson would be a great addition but not at 13

OT

Dillard - but he's only played LT and probably won't be available

OG

Lindstrom - 13 is probably a little high, but he's an option

C

McCoy - 13 would be high but maybe in a trade back

DT

Williams - def not available
Oliver - probably not available and not an ideal fit, but he's too good to worry about that too much

DE

Bosa - not a realistic option
Gary - probably not a realistic option, and you're hoping his best ball is in front of him
Sweat - Could be available and would be a great fit except he's a little light. One of the better "realistic" options

Pass Rushing LB

Allen - probably off the board, but he some of the better testers could jump him, and he'd be an ideal fit
Burns - more projection at LB than Allen, but he certainly moves well enough

Off LB

White - would be one of the BPA, but is there a role for him on this D? Do you put him in the Hightower role and say that his speed and physicality will be enough to compensate for the size gap?
Bush - have a harder time squinting and imagining his fit on the D

CB

Not at 13

S

Not at 13

QB

Murray - not a realistic option
Haskins - probably not a realistic option and far from ideal

RB

Def not at 13

WR

Def not at 13

TE

Hockenson would be a great addition but not at 13

OT

Dillard - but he's only played LT and probably won't be available

OG

Lindstrom - 13 is probably a little high, but he's an option

C

McCoy - 13 would be high but maybe in a trade back

DT

Williams - def not available
Oliver - probably not available and not an ideal fit, but he's too good to worry about that too much

DE

Bosa - not a realistic option
Gary - probably not a realistic option, and you're hoping his best ball is in front of him
Sweat - Could be available and would be a great fit except he's a little light. One of the better "realistic" options

Pass Rushing LB

Allen - probably off the board, but he some of the better testers could jump him, and he'd be an ideal fit
Burns - more projection at LB than Allen, but he certainly moves well enough

Off LB

White - would be one of the BPA, but is there a role for him on this D? Do you put him in the Hightower role and say that his speed and physicality will be enough to compensate for the size gap?
Bush - have a harder time squinting and imagining his fit on the D

CB

Not at 13

S

Not at 13
By looking at your limited options for the 13th pick, it would make sense to trade down so the player picked matches the value of where he is picked, and the Dolphins could add draft picks in the process.

Surprised Chase Winovich isn’t getting more love after he smoked the combine. I’d be interested in a trade down scenario.

CB

Not at 13

I thought I was writing this post, until this came up. I'd take Greedy Williams in a NY minute.

IMO, he solves two problems. Realistically, this moves Minkah to FS. He's a better boundary Cb than Minkah and Minkah is a better FS than McDonald. Kill two birds with one stone. Unrealistically, if we decide to be boneheads and trade Howard for a 1st and whatever, we will at least have something to hang our coat on...no matter how "potential" it may be.

By looking at your limited options for the 13th pick, it would make sense to trade down so the player picked matches the value of where he is picked, and the Dolphins could add draft picks in the process.

Unless a top guy falls for whatever reason and/or they think White can play the Hightower role, that would seem ideal - agreed.

I thought I was writing this post, until this came up. I'd take Greedy Williams in a NY minute.

IMO, he solves two problems. Realistically, this moves Minkah to FS. He's a better boundary Cb than Minkah and Minkah is a better FS than McDonald. Kill two birds with one stone. Unrealistically, if we decide to be boneheads and trade Howard for a 1st and whatever, we will at least have something to hang our coat on...no matter how "potential" it may be.

He's a 1st round talent but I don't think he's a top 15 anymore.

Its White, Oliver, or Wilkins for me in terms of positional value at 13.

Back
Top Bottom