Nfl Combine Discussion Thread | Page 33 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Nfl Combine Discussion Thread

I think people need to remember van noy was drafted as a 34 olb pass rusher primary thus the high draft slot.

That didn’t work so he found a better fit for his game in New England.

Is that an ideal fit for white in Miami when he’s not a edge power rusher even drafted as option I say nah. He’s a off the ball ideal lb.

If anyone fits that maybe van noy I’d say burns but you gonna project off the ball instincts there. And I think he is more athlete rusher than power one. Van noy I think is more like koa misi as a pass rusher with better movement skills in space.

I think we need to look to more 34 olb power rusher fit who converts to off the ball lb and schematically we can make work. Someone who may lack rush arsenal but is good at the poa and can give power rush vs tackles

Hard to disagree with any of that but with not much on the D line how are we going to stop the run or pressure the QB to protect the secondary?

I will say this though, NE didn’t have high sack numbers and got it done...

That's not a priority right now. Having a secondary to protect is the first priority.

It's a 3 year rebuild and pass rushers are the final piece. Although I'm not saying they won't pluck a DL somewhere in the draft if they like one and he's sitting there. I think you pluck a DL and a QB somewhere on day 3. But the first 2 days of the draft should be centered around:

1. Interior OL
2. Secondary
3. Acquiring more picks

You start chasing this van noy ask and you start chasing a lot of projection.

I’d be leary of it top 50

That's not a priority right now. Having a secondary to protect is the first priority.

It's a 3 year rebuild and pass rushers are the final piece. Although I'm not saying they won't pluck a DL somewhere in the draft if they like one and he's sitting there. I think you pluck a DL and a QB somewhere on day 3. But the first 2 days of the draft should be centered around:

1. Interior OL
2. Secondary
3. Acquiring more picks

Well I definitely think they will have their shot at the preferred choosen OL if thats the way they want to go at 13.

Maybe CB in rd 2. I still think they go D in rd 1, but thats just a gut feeling I have...

DJ mock- agrees with your thoughts with us taking Williams at 13.

Well I definitely think they will have their shot at the preferred choosen OL if thats the way they want to go at 13.

Maybe CB in rd 2. I still think they go D in rd 1, but thats just a gut feeling I have...

I think they build the defensive front maybe go o line in round 2. Likely interior

New England rolls with late round or even udfa type corners to fill some snaps. I’m doubting we go with one first 2 days unless x is traded or we cut some safeties

We got some good news on some scheme type fit poa des at the combine. Guys that should last a while cause of test scores at least speed wise etc.

The DL is just as pourest as the OL, especially if they keep James. So why is OL first? Finding high end DE’s is not an easy task IMO and the most saught after position in FA I woud say so..

OC > QB > OL

An individual Pass Rusher can have a bigger impact than an individual Offensive Lineman, but OL is the more important unit. It allows everything else to flourish, and a good offense is more sustainable than a good defense, because once you have the OC, QB, and OL, it's relatively easy to find contributors at the other positions.

Last edited:
OC > QB > OL

An individual Pass Rusher can have a bigger impact than an injury Offensive Lineman, but OL is the more important unit. It allows everything else to flourish, and a good offense is more sustainable than a good defense, because once you have the OC, QB, and OL, it's relatively easy to find contributors at the other positions.

Ohh so that’s why we have stunk for all this time. Fix the fing OL, if they can properly scout a few....lol

I like the Julian love fit for us. Top 50 I got no issue with it. But I do think his games more ideal slot. But he’d give us some versatility with his awareness and instincts and he carries a almost safety like physique and movement skills. Kinda a tweener I guess I’d say. Versatile piece

I like the Julian love fit for us. Top 50 I got no issue with it. But I do think his games more ideal slot. But he’d give us some versatility with his awareness and instincts and he carries a almost safety like physique and movement skills. Kinda a tweener I guess I’d say. Versatile piece

Reminds me of Desmond King with a little more length and speed - but not quite as thick.

1. Interior OL
2. Secondary
3. Acquiring more picks
I would also think one of the added benefits to adding your pass rushers last, given their very high price tags, is that it allows for a longer window once your team is complete. Its a small detail but still...

I would also think one of the added benefits to adding your pass rushers last, given their very high price tags, is that it allows for a longer window once your team is complete. Its a small detail but still...

It's a good point. After QB, Pass Rusher and Pass Rushing DT (the high-end ones) are the most expensive players.

Back
Top Bottom