Nfl Combine Discussion Thread | Page 34 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Nfl Combine Discussion Thread

I'm ok with going O-line in the first round if we trade back and get an extra pick. We could go guard or Center in a trade back and then go at it again in the 2nd round. Then with two picks in round 3 we could go D-line

Ohh so that’s why we have stunk for all this time. Fix the fing OL, if they can properly scout a few....lol

If you look at the haves and have-nots in the NFL, those are the three key ingredients. There are plenty of bad teams with good D's or decent teams with "great" D's, but even teams with poor D's are contenders if they have the playcalling, QB, and OL to get it done.

I would also think one of the added benefits to adding your pass rushers last, given their very high price tags, is that it allows for a longer window once your team is complete. Its a small detail but still...

I can’t say I agree with this

Hard to disagree with any of that but with not much on the D line how are we going to stop the run or pressure the QB to protect the secondary?

I will say this though, NE didn’t have high sack numbers and got it done...
They didn't get beat with big plays, made teams work down the field, and trusted that they wouldn't run into a great QB...

I think really good edge players are hard to find and it helps to be in the top 15...If you have a chance, you grab one.

Bingo

We’ve already allocated 2020 top pick for qb and there is no scherf or Nelson in this class. If there was it wouldn’t make 13 anyways

If it’s there I’m grabbing one elite edge/pass rush talent and piecing around it for scheme later

We totally need some DE's as far as numbers. Once Quinn is going and Wake and Hayes not coming back we'll have a couple of back ups at the position.

It's always the smart play, to build from the inside out. Unless a franchise QB is staring you in the face. With so many questions surrounding the Interior Offensive Line, this would be the draft to potentially, right the ship. I agree with the sentiment on Finheaven to draft the offensive linemen and DB's to impliment the coverage and blocking schemes first, before drafting your pass rushers and QB over the next few drafts. With only 1 DE worthy of picking at #13 in Sweat, who most probably won't be there and the grades on the DB's being more of late 1st round; it's beginning to look more and more like a potential Offensive Lineman could be the pick? Although Christian Wilkins could be the wildcard? If the Patriot way, has truly come to Miami multiple trade downs could also be on the horizon over the next few years?

I can’t say I agree with this
Im not 100% on it either, I was thinking out loud... Let me elaborate on that then. Getting to the passer is the most expensive part of your football team, good QBs cost more but you only have to pay 1, as opposed to multiple players that provide pressure.

With that in mind, if you go after pass rushers before you have a competent passing game. Then by the time you have built that passing game, you'll have only a small portion left of your most expensive players cheap years, giving you a smaller window to contend.

Like I said, Im not sold on this, Im just thinking out loud. But I know for sure that the cost/benefit of each part of a football team is a very underrated aspect of team building strategy...

Im not 100% on it either, I was thinking out loud... Let me elaborate on that then. Getting to the passer is the most expensive part of your football team, good QBs cost more but you only have to pay 1, as opposed to multiple players that provide pressure.

With that in mind, if you go after pass rushers before you have a competent passing game. Then by the time you have built that passing game, you'll have only a small portion left of your most expensive players cheap years, giving you a smaller window to contend.

Like I said, Im not sold on this, Im just thinking out loud. But I know for sure that the cost/benefit of each part of a football team is a very underrated aspect of team building strategy...

I think when you don’t have a qb and you know you are gonna have to allocate future very high draft asset resource to get it and you don’t plan to be top 15 again for any other reason going forward if a top shelf pass rush talent is there you pounce on it.

Back
Top Bottom