nfl draft rumors | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

nfl draft rumors

As for Cam Jordan, I think the Bills' pick at #3 is between Von Miller and Cam Jordan. They're both very Buddy Nix. Wouldn't be surprised with either.

i love cam jordan but top 5 is too high...top 10 yeah i can get down with that

arghhh...i can't access that at work...i'll check it out when i get home...thanks

Notice the hit at 3:46 of the first video against TCU... that's my Jay Valai guy that I told CK to get a look at back prior to the season..

Kid is a missile in pads... a Bob Sanders type safety. A little on the small size, but hits like a 250 pounder and closes on a ball carrier extremely quick. One of my favorite sleepers...

But can ANYONE play the position running 4.73? That's a serious question. That's even slower than Jairus Byrd, and Byrd is having trouble progressing beyond nickel/dime defender in Buffalo. At least he was a ball hawk though, Valai is more of an enforcer.

Jay Valai is an excellent college football player. But so were Jamie Silva and Dwayne Slay. At least Slay was big enough that you might think about trying him at LB...but at 5'8" and 200 lbs Valai isn't going there. I dunno. I could see why any TRUE football person is going to be drawn to Jay Valai. But he's also a prime example to me of the kind of player that dominates at one level and then gets left behind at the next level.

i love cam jordan but top 5 is too high...top 10 yeah i can get down with that

I don't think it's too high if you think he fits your system real well. Very good football player. Very underrated just like Alualu was last year. I had Tyson Alualu as the #12 guy on my top 100 last year, and I think he's panned out just fine already even as a rookie, and I think Cam Jordan could be better.

I think when you put Marcel Dareus and Nick Fairley side by side on the tape, people would be surprised to notice that Marcel is progressing through his technique and moving faster than Nick Fairley.

Dareus is more disciplined than Fairley. You can trust him to play within a system and be unselfish, soak up blocks/double teams, etc... or you can turn him loose and let him wreak havoc.

Marcell Dareus has the power and technique to take away an offensive lineman's post leg and defeat him all throughout the block, should he not beat him off the snap.. Fairley either wins right off the bat, or he loses right off the bat, which is why he's prone to disappearing for long stretches...

The reason I listed both Silva and Slay is that Silva was small like Jay Valai, but not really the enforcer type. Silva made plays in the passing game, in addition to accumulating tackles. Dwayne Slay was more the enforcer type that Valai is, could stick you like a cruz missile...but he was a lot bigger. All three have mid-4.7 speed.

Dareus is more disciplined than Fairley. You can trust him to play within a system and be unselfish, soak up blocks/double teams, etc... or you can turn him loose and let him wreak havoc.

Marcell Dareus has the power and technique to take away an offensive lineman's post leg and defeat him all throughout the block, should he not beat him off the snap.. Fairley either wins right off the bat, or he loses right off the bat, which is why he's prone to disappearing for long stretches...

yep...add in the character concerns from a work ethic and attitude aspect the 15 yard penalty waiting to happen in the pros the 1 year of production and what you've got is buyer beware

But can ANYONE play the position running 4.73? That's a serious question. That's even slower than Jairus Byrd, and Byrd is having trouble progressing beyond nickel/dime defender in Buffalo. At least he was a ball hawk though, Valai is more of an enforcer.

Jay Valai is an excellent college football player. But so were Jamie Silva and Dwayne Slay. At least Slay was big enough that you might think about trying him at LB...but at 5'8" and 200 lbs Valai isn't going there. I dunno. I could see why any TRUE football person is going to be drawn to Jay Valai. But he's also a prime example to me of the kind of player that dominates at one level and then gets left behind at the next level.

He's not a sure fire pro, he lacks the long speed as you pointed out. However, I think he's worth a shot to bring into an NFL camp. I've seen worse players and I've seen players with the same speed make NFL rosters, and obviously contribute.

He'll have to earn it on special teams to begin with most likely...

Wes just updated rumors, can't link cause im on my phone. Some comments:

Good to hear phins are doing their homework on mallett.

I've been hearing JJ Watt, not A. Smith as a potential cowboys pick but only if they trade down.

First time I've heard about R. Moore and Cowboys, Ill find out more tonight.

The whole Carolina trading down buisness is because they don't have a 2nd and they feel they could trade down a bit, pick up a 2nd and still draft Cam. I don't think they can get out of their pick.

lookie lookie who's digging into ryan mallett

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/NFL-draft-rumors-6551.html

i really believe that barring us digging up some real hard core drugs info on mallett that he's the guy at #15...and i think if you try and trade back to say pick #20 you are giving seattle the opportunity to come up and trump you for him...i believe they want him also...stay at #15 and pull the trigger

Yeah, didn't get any info on moore tonight.

I think there are more than enough teams interested in mallett, staying put could be best option.

rahim moore makes sense to dallas...allan ball the incumbent starting free safety is woeful...

Carolina trading down would be about Blaine Gabbert or Ryan Mallett, IMO. I think they like Cam at #1 overall but they would take either of the other two if they had the ability to add a 2nd round pick. Ryan Mallett was just in Carolina for a visit a few days ago. Their interest in him is serious.

Totally agree CK, but I don't think at this point they will be able to get out of that pick. Too much money and not enough compensation to move out of #1.

Back
Top Bottom