nfl draft rumors | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

nfl draft rumors

honestly ck...if you ask me if i'm dallas if prince was there at #9 i'd stay there and take him and then look for a right tackle in the 2nd round...dallas has no bigger need than immediate secondary help and you tell me whats deeper...this ot class with right tackle capabilities or the corner class...you can get a right tackle that can play right now for you early in round 2 imo but i think its a whole lot harder to find a starting cb there...doug free was pretty darn good to my eyes on the left side last year

but everything i've seen says that dallas prefers an ot over prince...either smith or carimi but my understanding is smith has jumped to the top of the list after his pro day...

Tough call.

I don't agree that tackle is deeper than corner, I think it's the opposite.

But Prince Amukamara is ELITE. I'm more confident in him as a corner than Anthony Castonzo as a LT...even though I'm quite confident in Castonzo.

Problem is the Lions don't need a RT, they need a LT. Gosder Cherilus is their RT and he's not suited to play left, I never agreed with those that said he was. Detroit took him but made him a RT the whole time which I was fine with.

Can you pick up a LT later in the Draft. I don't think so. But you can pick up a CB. Davon House is a good player.

EDIT: Wait...I just realized you were talking about the Cowboys. I absolutely agree with your strategy for them. Prince Amukamara at #9 and then Jah Reid later in the Draft is an absolute WIN for them...since I believe Doug Free belongs as a starting LT in this league.

Throwing a name out there for cowboys that I heard, don't think his name had been mentioned...JJ Watt. Name=trade down.

casserly said last night bowers had a "small" microfracture surgery...i've never heard a micro surgery with the word small in front of it...whats small when it comes to pro athletes and micro surgery

dames robert hughes ran 4.9 yesterday...thats tyron smith territory but at rb

Small might mean not expected to be a problem, might explain his pro day, or might be what his agent is putting out there so people think that his surgery effected his performance.

as for jj watt i like his lateral quickness and agility...he flows down the los nicely...but i have concerns that he won't provide much pass rush at the next level...i prefer cam jordan personally even though jordan i think could have some issues early on at the poa

J.J. Watt is only a tick below what Mario Williams was as a prospect... J.J. Watt is one of my favorite prospects in this entire draft, and one of the best defensive line prospects to come out since Mario...

I think he's one of the 5 best prospects in this draft... he should be a lock top 10 pick. Perhaps even top 5...

that's too rich for my blood...i can see top 20...but i wouldn't take him top 10 and not over cam jordan...i don't see mario williams like upside there...i see more aaron smith...

casserly said last night bowers had a "small" microfracture surgery...i've never heard a micro surgery with the word small in front of it...whats small when it comes to pro athletes and micro surgery

dames robert hughes ran 4.9 yesterday...thats tyron smith territory but at rb

Since we're on the subject of "Casserly said"... Nothing beats when he quipped, "I love Blaine Gabbert, even though I haven't seen him play"....

that's too rich for my blood...i can see top 20...but i wouldn't take him top 10 and not over cam jordan...i don't see mario williams like upside there...i see more aaron smith...

He's in the same ballpark as Williams from a size/freak athlete standpoint, which very, very few prospects have been. Hell, all you have to do is compare their combine performances.. J.J. Watt is right there with him...

The production matches Watt's specs, and on film he's just as dominant. Cam Jordan is terrific, but I don't think any defensive line prospect other than Marcell Dareus can use his hands like J.J. Watt...

Watt absolutely has the upside of Mario Williams..

He's in the same ballpark as Williams from a size/freak athlete standpoint, which very, very few prospects have been. Hell, all you have to do is compare their combine performances.. J.J. Watt is right there with him...

The production matches Watt's specs, and on film he's just as dominant. Cam Jordan is terrific, but I don't think any defensive line prospect other than Marcell Dareus can use his hands like J.J. Watt...

Watt absolutely has the upside of Mario Williams..

i agree with watts a freak athlete...runs like a deer for that size...i just don't think he's gonna get consistent pass rush pressure in the 3-4 at end...

Since we're on the subject of "Casserly said"... Nothing beats when he quipped, "I love Blaine Gabbert, even though I haven't seen him play"....

huh...i didn't hear that...terrible if he said it...but he also mark ingram doesn't make anyone miss at the 2nd level doesn't have footwork at the 2nd level and i was like "wtf"

huh...i didn't hear that...terrible if he said it...but he also mark ingram doesn't make anyone miss at the 2nd level doesn't have footwork at the 2nd level and i was like "wtf"

I heard it... Which is why I think the guys at Universal Draft are better than just about any and every talking head, analyst, and draftnik out there when it comes to breaking down these college kids.

These former GM's, players, etc. that are on these networks getting paid to talk about these prospects aren't nearly as dedicated as some of us are. They're constantly asked to give their opinions on prospects that they freely admit they haven't even watched play...

Casserly can be very off on some players, makes me wonder how much info he actually has on some players, or if he's just going by what people tell him.

I heard it... Which is why I think the guys at Universal Draft are better than just about any and every talking head, analyst, and draftnik out there when it comes to breaking down these college kids.

These former GM's, players, etc. that are on these networks getting paid to talk about these prospects aren't nearly as dedicated as some of us are. They're constantly asked to give their opinions on prospects that they freely admit they haven't even watched play...

yeah but in the case of say a mark ingram you got casserly and lombardi on there throwing out hes toby gerhardt...just horrid stuff...you would think these guys would take more pride in their work and put in more effort if their gonna be in the media spotlight...i do agree that universal draft does a great job of breaking down players but i go off of my own eyes when it comes to values...which i know you do to

yeah but in the case of say a mark ingram you got casserly and lombardi on there throwing out hes toby gerhardt...just horrid stuff...you would think these guys would take more pride in their work and put in more effort if their gonna be in the media spotlight...i do agree that universal draft does a great job of breaking down players but i go off of my own eyes when it comes to values...which i know you do to

I do most of my work on these college kids year round. Trying to get familiar with 300+ prospects right around draft time is the wrong thing to do if you're going to do work in that business.. there's too many smoke screens and too much misinformation traveling around about all these kids. You need to know what you're dealing with regarding these college kids long before all that starts...

You know I've always done my own work with these kids, but I also take notice of other peoples work when I get a chance.

Anyone trying to sell me their opinion on a player that they admit they haven't seen play simply isn't a valid opinion. The guys at Universal Draft at least watch the film before they give an opinion, unlike a lot of different sources out there.... which is good enough for me, even if we don't always agree.

Back
Top Bottom