nfl draft rumors | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

nfl draft rumors

There are just too many obstacles period when it comes to trading.

Peter King says that the Panthers just ordered a 4 game box set of Cam Newton's Blinn College tape.

What does this tell me?

It's too damn late to be doing your primary tape study. What it tells me is they've settled on Cam Newton, and now they're trying to get excited about it, and soothe the nerves of everyone in the organization that still has doubts (owner Richardson, general manager Hurney). They've made their choice, and now they're trying to go from having made the choice to getting everyone in the organization absolutely sold.

Should they be? Ask Blinn College Head Coach Ronnie Feldman:

“I heard somebody on the radio the other day talk about his fake smile and how he’s not genuine,” Feldman told King. “That guy is full of [sh-t] with a capital ‘S.’ He doesn’t know Cam!

“I was with him day after day, side by side, for a year,” added Feldman, who served as offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach in 2009. “I can’t say enough good things about him. He’s a yes-sir, no-sir kid, 100 percent trustworthy, with a strong passion to compete at anything. What a strong, strong leader.

“The first day here [in the offseason] they were all lifting, going after it hard. When it was over, they all thought it was done. But Cam, who doesn’t even know these guys yet, says, ‘I’m gonna be out there throwing if anyone wants to come.’ Five or six go out. The next day, 10 or 15 are out with him. He comes in and says to me, ‘Coach, you got five or six pass plays from our playbook you could draw up? We’re going out there and we want to run some of our plays.’ I said, “Wooooooo.’ Then, later in the week, I see him out there running the stadium stairs, and a couple days later, he’s got a bunch of guys out there with him. A natural leader, a strong, strong leader. Charismatic.

“And he just played great for us after the first two or three weeks. He was rusty at first. But then he showed he could do whatever he wanted. The last game, our championship game against Fort Scott [Kansas], we’re down [16 points] in the third quarter, and he hurts his shoulder in the first half, and he can’t really throw it in the second half. But he plays the option and brings us back and we win it.”

Last edited by a moderator:

Gabbert at 4 to the Bengals would certainly make a lot of sense. That team can only survive on Palmer's dislike of the franchise for so long.

With the sheer amount of "are they first rounders or not" QBs, coupled with the huge amount of teams in need of a QB, this draft stands to be one of the most exciting and unpredictable in a long time. Peter King brings up a great point to not dismiss the Titans at 8 in regards to drafting a QB.

yeah but king says the titans want a squeaky clean qb prospect...that doesn't sound like ryan mallett...minnesota is who we have to worry about in front of us for mallett...but then i look at mel kipers list and he has mallett the 71st rated prospect in the draft...that's 3rd round value...strange stuff

I notice that Peter King considers Ponder, Kaepernick and Dalton to be 2nd rounders...and that he considers Mallett to only be a 2nd rounder if Seattle passes on him at #25...which he doesn't seem to imagine them doing.

yeah but king says the titans want a squeaky clean qb prospect...that doesn't sound like ryan mallett...minnesota is who we have to worry about in front of us for mallett...but then i look at mel kipers list and he has mallett the 71st rated prospect in the draft...that's 3rd round value...strange stuff

goes hand in hand with what King also said about Tennessee. Gabbert might be there at #8, Kaepernick, Dalton, Ponder might not make it to #39.

if minnesota takes jake locker at #12 i will lmao...i think gabbert worst case goes #5 to arizona but likely #4 to cinci...

i believe that cam newton to the panthers is pretty much done deal...i believe that marcel dareus to the broncos at #2 is a lock also...i believe that buffalo would like cam newton at #3 but since he's gone they go get the outside pass rusher they have been lacking in von miller...at #4 i believe its either aj green or blaine gabbert and i think the qb wins out...arizona at #5 i think wants either miller or gabbert but they're both gone and that is where i have a hard time filling in the blank for them...

i believe that cam newton to the panthers is pretty much done deal...i believe that marcel dareus to the broncos at #2 is a lock also...i believe that buffalo would like cam newton at #3 but since he's gone they go get the outside pass rusher they have been lacking in von miller...at #4 i believe its either aj green or blaine gabbert and i think the qb wins out...arizona at #5 i think wants either miller or gabbert but they're both gone and that is where i have a hard time filling in the blank for them...

Robert Quinn for me

Robert Quinn for me

thought about that...but i think he's more a 4-3 end fit that high...i have him #8 to tennessee...the guy i have falling out of the top 10 is nick fairley...i could see him falling into the middle of round 1...then you've got patrick peterson one of the top 3 bpa in the draft likely dropping to pick #7...what a steal for san fran

if minnesota takes jake locker at #12 i will lmao...i think gabbert worst case goes #5 to arizona but likely #4 to cinci...

This could very well happen. Rotoworld mentioned that insiders have the Vikings making comparisons between Locker and Favre.

Perhaps they saw photos of Locker's dong? Not sure where those comparisons come from.

I wasn't talking about the Titans in regards to us, just in general, but I wouldn't even dismiss the Titans in regards to Mallett. For all we know the Titans might determine after doing their homework that Mallett is a lot cleaner than most think. That said, I agree that Minnesota is looking like our primary readblock for Mallett (besides the Dolphins themselves, given their past crummy draft decision-making).

This could very well happen. Rotoworld mentioned that insiders have the Vikings making comparisons between Locker and Favre.

Perhaps they saw photos of Locker's dong? Not sure where those comparisons come from.

LMFAO that's pretty funny.

Yeah I have no idea where they would get that from. All the power to them, go ahead and take Jake Locker. Please. Just ensures that we don't.

shefter said today that tennessee at #8 and minnesota at #12 are looking hard at jake locker...

shefter said today that tennessee at #8 and minnesota at #12 are looking hard at jake locker...

A nice hard look...oh, here comes their head of scouting...
clear.gif
clear.gif

Attachments

• blind.gif
    blind.gif
    26.4 KB · Views: 3
Back
Top Bottom