NFL Draft Top 100 & My Early Dolphins Duo | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL Draft Top 100 & My Early Dolphins Duo

By re-signing all of their RB's, it could indicate, Miami won't be drafting a RB on day 2.

Signing Saubert, who's considered an inline TE, might also indicate, Miami isn't, drafting a TE at #51?

One thing that's been noticeable, has been Fangio's influence on both sides of the ball by some of the F/A signings Miami has made. I'm not discounting his potential to have a huge impact on who gets drafted at #51 and #84. Just some food for thought.
God if we let Fangio hijack the draft like he did FA our offense will struggle. We need a pass catching TE and.... like I say in every post I make lately OLINE!

My top draft choices would be Shakira, followed closely by Vida Guerra followed by Becky Gs little sexy ass!!! Whoo hooooooooo

TE run block grades last season:

Mayer- 81
Washington= 81

Kraft- 68

Kincaid- 59
Musgrave- 54
LaPorta- 53

***Kraft was against weaker competition and needs to clean up his technique but has all the skills to be be a NFL blocker and in line TE
The same cannot be said on the last three. They atr VG receivers but the blocking is lacking.

Last edited:
I love the fact that we brought back Mostert and Wilson. They played well and know the system as well as McD However, I have to see them as what they are. Mostert is 31 with a fragile history. Wilson is a career back up. Next up is Gaskin.

I'm not comfortable with this to make a run. Everyone here has seen the problems with must have short yardage plays and knows the run game will come into play more in cold weather, late season and playoff games. I see this as our biggest shortcoming which can really hurt us.

TE is regarded as a hard position to master, so which of the leading candidates are capable of stepping in and contributing a lot in their rookie season? Yes forget Meyer as he looks long gone by 51.
Wonder if they gave Long a shove out the door because he wasn't going to add much this season.

Ball skills nowhere near as reliable as you'd like from a tight end. cons Run routes like they're drawn on paper too often. Won't set up defenders with stem Strength as an inline blocker is not what you might expect from an Iowa tight end

This is the actual negative side report on LaPorta. The positives are he is a good receiver at TE.

I love the fact that we brought back Mostert and Wilson. They played well and know the system as well as McD However, I have to see them as what they are. Mostert is 31 with a fragile history. Wilson is a career back up. Next up is Gaskin.

I'm not comfortable with this to make a run. Everyone here has seen the problems with must have short yardage plays and knows the run game will come into play more in cold weather, late season and playoff games. I see this as our biggest shortcoming which can really hurt us.
Where is the room for a rookie running back in a deep draft for the position?

Ball skills nowhere near as reliable as you'd like from a tight end. cons Run routes like they're drawn on paper too often. Won't set up defenders with stem Strength as an inline blocker is not what you might expect from an Iowa tight end

This is the actual negative side report on LaPorta. The positives are he is a good receiver at TE.
TE run block grades last season:

Mayer- 81
Washington= 81

Kroft- 68

Kincaid- 59
Musgrave- 54
LaPorta- 53

***Kroft was against weaker competition and needs to clean up his technique but has all the skills to be be a NFL blocker and in line TE
The same cannot be said on the last three. They atr VG receivers but the blocking is lacking.
I found this interesting because I’ve been reading Laporta is a decent blocker, Kittle as a comparison - so i didn’t expect that low of a grade

Kind of makes me like Kraft a bit more

I found this interesting because I’ve been reading Laporta is a decent blocker, Kittle as a comparison - so i didn’t expect that low of a grade

Kind of makes me like Kraft a bit more
Electric after the catch for a tight end - 30 broken tackles on 111 catches last two years. Speed to legitimately threaten the seem. Gets off the line quickly Versatility to split to the slot or out wide - 65 snaps as outside receiver last year. This can somewhat compare to Kittle.

The blocking from film and analysts is not there. I see him more as a Gesicki type that Kittle. His comparison was to Dustin Keller.

Where is the room for a rookie running back in a deep draft for the position?
I am looking at likely the only bell cow in this draft who can fill an immediate void and help us for the next five years. It is just my view and McD may well not agree at all. I don't see any position in need of an impact more to make a run.

If we pass I hope I was dead wrong.

Musgrave is who reminds me of Gesicki — essentially a big slot receiver. LaPorta has more potential to be an all around TE, but I do like Kraft as a better fit in this system out the gate. I love his nasty.
So LaPortas 20 minutes of highlights has no evidence of his skill as a blocker whereas Washington’s highlights show his pulling and blocking skills. One guy he blocked 20 yards and the guy couldn’t get turned around he has so manhandled. 🤣 just love to see beast mode like that. DW for me!

Charbonnet was Michigan’s lead back as a true freshman in 2019 before losing that job to Hassan Haskins the following season. He then transferred to UCLA, where he’s been one of college football's best all-around running backs over the past two seasons. His 145 rushing first downs/touchdowns since 2021 lead all Power Five players. The senior is also very elusive, as evidenced by his 122 forced missed tackles in that span, which is tied for third in that same group.

He graded an elite 91,5 as he does everything very well, run, receive, block, vision, power, etc. He is not close to Robinson, no one is but his grade was only 3 points lower. He is a plug and play, set it and forget it starting RB.

Back
Top Bottom