NFL network 8 out of 10 have us losing | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL network 8 out of 10 have us losing

Hoping Miami serves up a big plate of crow for them to chew on all week.

Since it seems like our offense is designed to get the ball out quickly and into the hands of our playmakers, I am hopeful that Waddle, Wilson, Parker, etc., will make a great YAC play early on for a TD to give us confidence and spark the offense. It's not that I don't want to, but I am not as confident in our offense as others. I need to see us in real NFL action before I can really trust it. Sorry.
This first game is going to be ugly for the offense. Pats have a top defense and our OL is so unexperienced. I think of a low score game won by mistake free football and special Teams.

I can not wait for this game. Not scared to go to Foxboro. We beat them there in 2019 and screwed up the home field advantage for them. We played them tough there last year too. They can be beat at home.

In game 1 last year, Davon Godchaux started instead of Raekwon Davis. Not so this year. I'm thankful that we'll no longer see Godchaux getting pushed off the LOS.

It's another year away from Scarnecchia retiring. The Pats OL play will eventually fall off. Hopefully it'll start now.

Do you not have any friends that are Bills fans? Just curious why you spend so much time on our board? I mean you are respectful are well spoken I have no complaints I am just a little worried about you. Are you on the fence and thinking of coming over here? If so, we welcome you as a converted Fins fan with open arms. If not, I have a lot of friends that are Bills fans that I can intro you too if you want to chat Bills football.

It’s only a click away, not really very time consuming. I don’t have a problem following the Phins or Jets. Just can’t stand the Pats.

We lost the opener in NE last season — and shouldn’t have.
I don’t see why it can’t happen again — but it shouldn’t. (triple negative?)

In the 2020 opener it was like MIA didn’t quite know what to expect from the Patriots offense and Cam Newton, for whatever reason. And Fitz played horribly.

Hopefully MIA has Mac Jones number and Tua plays much better than Fitz did.

In the 1st 4 games of the season from 2001-2019 which is 76 games, the Patriots have a .711 win% (46-30) which is 1st in the NFL during this period. They scored 2013 points which is 1st in the NFL during this period, and they allowed 1475 points which is 4th during this period. If that's not a strong start then I don know what is.

I meant more recent not 10 years back. LY they started 2-2 and except for 2019's strong start, they'd not get their groove until later in the season looking more recently.

Both the Pats and our Phins have, in recent years, opened the season slowly. It won’t be pretty. They will try to pound a run game and we will struggle to protect Tua. If our OL can protect Tua just enough, our WRs/ MG, will carve up their secondary. That’s a big IF. The game will be won in the trenches.
‘Phins 21-17 with a turnover by each side. Our DBs will intercept Mac and put us in great field position to score.

Both the Pats and our Phins have, in recent years, opened the season slowly. It won’t be pretty. They will try to pound a run game and we will struggle to protect Tua. If our OL can protect Tua just enough, our WRs/ MG, will carve up their secondary. That’s a big IF. The game will be won in the trenches.
‘Phins 21-17 with a turnover by each side. Our DBs will intercept Mac and put us in great field position to score.
Really hope this ends up being a Holland coming out party. I just very high expectations for that kid…it’s not if, but when.

Back
Top Bottom