NFL network 8 out of 10 have us losing | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL network 8 out of 10 have us losing

I give Brady a lot of credit for their wins, but I prefer not to automatically disregard their defensive and its impact on the opposing team's offense. Belichick and his staff (Flores and others) did have something to do with that.
That said, I believe statistics don't always tell the whole story in that past performance is not an indicator of future results. I didn't post that table to say we have absolutely no chance. I think we do. We still have to put in the work and do our job, and I believe we have done that. Go Dolphins! Woot!
Not disagreeing that the defense had an impact. But the QB is the most important position on the field.

I still watch because I’m a junkie but I don’t take any of their opinions seriously. These guys are so unprepared when talking about teams. It’s like they read a local blurb and run with it as if it were their own. Totally vanilla, they don’t know anymore than we do as far as the inner workings of our team, all they can do is give you some good analysis of the actual positions
Exactly. It's national views about a local team. They basically regurgitate what they see the local media say because to really deep dove on 32 teams is a pretty serious time investment. I know how broad our knowledge is on one team and many of us do this for a good portion of when we're not working or sleeping.

Every year people count NE out only to see them do better. Hopefully is different this year but don't hold your breath just yet

New England generally does not start the season strong, even with Brady. But since until recently they seldom lost at home, the oddsmakers favor them by less then a FG even if we are considered the stronger team.

This is a game against a rookie QB that played against backups the entire preseason. Their All-Pro Cornerback is out. We have a very young veteran QB that played very well this preseason against starters. We’re basically healthy. If we lose this game, I for one, am going to be very disappointed in this team. If ever we should beat them in a season opener, this is the year.
They also have a brand new receivers Corp

Patriots at home should always be taken serious. I just don't get how so many media experts will pick the Patriots to win and then if they do they will act like the Dolphins under performed, it was a big upset and this one game somehow means Tua is a bum.

New England generally does not start the season strong, even with Brady. But since until recently they seldom lost at home, the oddsmakers favor them by less then a FG even if we are considered the stronger team.
In the 1st 4 games of the season from 2001-2019 which is 76 games, the Patriots have a .711 win% (46-30) which is 1st in the NFL during this period. They scored 2013 points which is 1st in the NFL during this period, and they allowed 1475 points which is 4th during this period. If that's not a strong start then I don know what is.

Last edited:
This is based on many things
1. Dolphins don't have much success at Foxboro historically speaking
2. New England is a very well coached and disciplined team. Penalties should be limited.
3. They acquired a few WR's and TE's that can make big plays.
4. Their stadium, their crowd meaning their referees too lol

Interesting.......

I've found that 8 out of 10 random ppl I meet are morons.

I wonder if there's a corralation.....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom