NFL network 8 out of 10 have us losing | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL network 8 out of 10 have us losing

I see a specific skill set in Jones. He is very accurate with a clean pocket (which BTW is a strong indicator of NFL success) and he's very good in the play action game. That's a big part of what NE's offense will be this year and a big reason why Jones won the QB competition this preseason. But he struggles when made to move and throw off rhythm. He's also a rookie in his first regular season game playing against a defense that confused many more experienced QBs last season and may be even better this year. Further his receiving targets are not very good. While I suspect that Perry would have been inactive week 1 if Miami had kept him, I see it as a good chance that he may be active and play a significant role for NE against us.

It will come down to how well NE can run and give Jones a clean pocket. If they do that well, then it will be a close game and a toss up. If they can't then I could see Jones looking like Goff or Garopollo did against us last season.
Agreed…I was mostly referring to the poster who basically branded Jones a worthless prospect.

Regarding week 1…Néw England has a very good O-line so Miami will have to find ways disrupt Jones and stop the run.

On the other side we need some big plays from Tua and the receivers.

I like our chances because we’re facing a rookie…but I think demeaning Jones is ridiculous when we haven’t seen a regular season NFL snap yet.

Rookie qb vs our D is a tough ask. Throw in I think any secondary isn’t prepared for our wideouts but now take their best player in Gilmore away. I mean it in NE and they have Belicheat but I’m not sure how any logical person would see them as a favorite. The whole well it’s New England so they are good isn’t going to last forever, the debate over who was more important Belicheat or Brady appeared to be answered last year when Brady won and Belicheat slipped into mediocrity.

I stopped watching nfl network a while ago
I still watch because I’m a junkie but I don’t take any of their opinions seriously. These guys are so unprepared when talking about teams. It’s like they read a local blurb and run with it as if it were their own. Totally vanilla, they don’t know anymore than we do as far as the inner workings of our team, all they can do is give you some good analysis of the actual positions

This ain't a knock on Flo, but we play awful on the 1st game of the year since he took over. I think that's the reason there taking NE. But this comes to a end in 10 days. FINS 34 NE 17
Since it seems like our offense is designed to get the ball out quickly and into the hands of our playmakers, I am hopeful that Waddle, Wilson, Parker, etc., will make a great YAC play early on for a TD to give us confidence and spark the offense. It's not that I don't want to, but I am not as confident in our offense as others. I need to see us in real NFL action before I can really trust it. Sorry.

I still watch because I’m a junkie but I don’t take any of their opinions seriously. These guys are so unprepared when talking about teams. It’s like they read a local blurb and run with it as if it were their own. Totally vanilla, they don’t know anymore than we do as far as the inner workings of our team, all they can do is give you some good analysis of the actual positions
Yup, that's why I stopped watching

Back
Top Bottom