NFL network 8 out of 10 have us losing | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL network 8 out of 10 have us losing

It’s a lot easier to win when the refs allow constant offensive and defensive holding.

I watched the last NE preseason game and their secondary got away with murder.
You are NOT wrong. Their DBs and OLs airways hold and grab. You NEVER see the ref on NE’s side of the field with BB in their ear make a call against them. You won’t next Sunday either.

There are two factors to this game that no one is talking about.

Brian Flores KNOWS Josh McDaniels's tendencies. Last year opening in NE, Miami played pretty well during the game. Ryan Fitztragic showed up and absolutely killed every chance the Fins defense gave him to put points on the board. Tua will not do that...Not with these fast WRs and the short passing game, which is NE's kryptonite moreso without Gilmore.

Secondly, our special teams is top 5 in the league. Flipping the field early and often will dictate the play calling. Example would be the Pats starting inside their own 10, and Mac Jones having to make decisions quickly against press coverage with exotic blitz and coverage reads.

I agree 1000% with anyone who says stop their running game to win the game. NFL success is about forcing a team into one dimension. I'll take Mac Jones throwing vs our defense any day over New England and their deep RB room tallying 200+ yards and wearing down our front 7.

I do, however, believe Jerome Baker will be much improved against the run this year. He just looks extremely dialed in at getting to the gap faster and stronger than last year. Don't sleep on Jevon Holland in run support scenarios either. He is very similar to Reshad Jones (there's a name we forget for run stop) in his ability to sniff out the run.

My final score prediction:

Fins over the Pats in a close game until mid-4th qtr... Sanders with 4 FG

MIA 34, NE 21

NE has a nice schedule and should compete with us for a WC spot …. they will absolutely win more than 6 ….

We SHOULDN’T get any respect until we win something … and to date - we haven’t …
Right now the only thing NE is living off is what they USE to be. Btw, TB says hi in TB!

Yup, it’s gonna take us at least 5 years of consistent playoff contention and maybe a Super Bowl win a along the way to get rid of that stigma.

Disagree.

1)) The media loves the browns who have done much less than that
2) Most of the media will always hate the Miami. The media is HQ'd in the northeast where Miami divisional rivals are.

Dynasty's, HOF QBs and HOF HC's make the NFL a lot of money. Without them, we've have a league full of modern day Dallas Cowboys organizations.

The league, sales and media need those things in order to truly feed the machine.

As long as BB, Brady and the Patriots exist and are relevant, everyone profits.

A TV analyst once said (before KG, Pierce and Allen formed the C's Big 3), the NBA is a much better league when the Lakers, Celtics, Knicks and Bulls are Championship contenders.

That was one reason Mahomes was the "answer" to the growing problem, "who takes over the league when Brady and Rodgers retire?". Forturnately for the league, Brady broke the age barrier and has continued to pay dividends.

It's also what makes Josh Allen famous and Deshaun Watson newsworthy. The NFL is always needing more QBs to become pop culture stars. The mantle has to be passed. Otherwise, the NFL is boring without great QBs.

Also the reason why the "Rodgers' Saga" was a good and bad moment for the NFL this offseason. The exposure was great (NFL news) but the reality was sobering; "The Green Bay Packers without Rodgers?!?" Nope, that is a story that has to end well.

New England and BB are still the media darlings until they are no longer newsworthy.

This game is very winnable for Miami, but in some ways, matches up well for NE.

Our OL hasn't been great in preseason and our running game is questionable. I think NE forces us into a pass happy gameplan and commits to heavy pressure on Tua, forcing a short passing game. That said, this is why Miami brought in Gesicki and all the speed at WR. This will be a great test to see if we can beat coverage and capitalize on some significant YAC. The Gesicki connection during preseason was great, and he may be the biggest wildcard in this game.

Offensively, I believe NE will take the ball out of the QB's hands and go ground and pound, which is our weakest area on defense. Still, you have to pass sometimes, and our secondary is strong enough it should make the rookie pretty miserable.

Overall, if we can limit NE's run game and capitalize on YAC in the passing game, we should be alright.

This ain't a knock on Flo, but we play awful on the 1st game of the year since he took over. I think that's the reason there taking NE. But this comes to a end in 10 days. FINS 34 NE 17

Back
Top Bottom