NFL people offer cautionary warning to Dolphins. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL people offer cautionary warning to Dolphins.

We did nothing wrong. I'm not buying into that BS. Tunsil was a deal you'll see once in a life time. 2 #1,s and 2 #2,s. We just had to take that. How do we keep Fitzpatrick when he insisted he wants out. So we get #1 for him wanting out. We definitely made the right decision, and there jealous. If this was New England. We be a genius

Exactly.

The Dolphins never had plans to trade Tunsil or Fitzpatrick. If they had, those moves would have happened much, much sooner. Anybody following the team closely understands that these moves weren’t proactive.

Now, all the other moves throughout the Summer? Different story.

Man I have to think these "anonymous" people are just hating on the fact that we have this many picks. Seems like Dolphins can't do anything right in other peoples eyes, keep the players you traded "these players are not good enough", get a bunch of 1st picks, "oh the picks are a crap shoot.

f*** you! you mean to say you would not want a treasure chest of 1st's? Find me a team that wont want to get a massive amount of 1's.

If this was the PATS then people would think the PATS are geniuses.

From a guy that has barely any more inside info on the Dolphins org than we do.

As has been pointed out ad naseam, Grier was also working with Tannenbaum — who is now gone — and on behalf of the vision/philosophy of his former HC Adam Gase.

Numerous factors and scenarios have changed.

Now Grier is making decisions on his own and on behalf of the vision/philosophy of Brian Flores and his new staff. Time will tell if the choices will be better, the same or worse.

But acting as if the circumstances are exactly the same shows a bit of ignorance.
Note Mark’s title is former Tampa gm.

Look at all the teams trying to win and are 0-2 just like us.

Jets, Panthers, Steelers, Jags, Broncos, Giants & Skins. Only difference between us and them is that they're trying really hard to win and aren't.

The Dolphins are trying hard to win. They just don’t have the talent or skill to do so.

That was by design. But also why the HC continues to maintain they aren’t tanking. Because they are actively trying to win games on the field and the players are playing as hard as they can.

It’s a bit disingenuous, but also partially true. The front office is trying to win in the future, not the now. The players and coach are trying to win in the now, but don’t have the tools to do so.

Yeah, look how poor JJ did with all of those picks in Dallas. He never moved the needle either. :rolleyes:

The more picks you have, especially higher picks, the more chances you have to hit. Pretty damn obvious to me. And it's not simply one pick per player traded. We got 2 1st round picks and a 2nd for a merely solid LT, not a dominant HOFer like Boselli or Munoz or someone.

And building a team that should be able to compete for championships is not "healthy" for the organization or players?? Give me a break. Protecting the shield? All the "Shield" is interested in is money and protecting the corrupt Patriots organization.

Remember JJ did that in the pre-free agency NFL. Much easier to contain talent back then and build a team.

Just unadulterated trash noise!

Like li'l kids

"but mommy it ain't fair!"

Like I said elsewhere, if the team Grier's assembled

crushes the picks he's harvested the dude will be legendary!

I bet they're jelous!

Man I have to think these "anonymous" people are just hating on the fact that we have this many picks. Seems like Dolphins can't do anything right in other peoples eyes, keep the players you traded "these players are not good enough", get a bunch of 1st picks, "oh the picks are a crap shoot.

f*** you! you mean to say you would not want a treasure chest of 1st's? Find me a team that wont want to get a massive amount of 1's.

If this was the PATS then people would think the PATS are geniuses.
Trey Wingo was like this today on Golic and Wingo...saying Miami went too far trying to use Minkah everywhere and Golic SR reminds him well Flores comes from New England and New England makes all their players versatile, then Wingo is like well all these picks mean nothing if you don’t hit on them and Golic Jr is like well they’re putting themselves in position to increase those odds, and Wingo is like well if they take Tua who’s going to protect him and of course he’s rebuffed again by both Golic’s (jr even asked Wingo if he could shut up so he could talk) saying hello that’s what all the other high picks are for lol

We fans have long wanted a reset because we have lacked a QB worthy of our pedigree for too long. Poor drafts and lack of coaching continuity have forced the team into tanking. It is sad that cutting grossly overpaid and elder players and trading two chess pieces have left the team without any stars other than X. This is partly a Grier issue--never drafting competition for Tannehill. Jimmy Johnson in his prime could remake the team. The question is whether Grier and Flores can do it. Grier has been the chief scout for years and he now appears to be shrewd in accumulating draft picks.

Look at all the teams trying to win and are 0-2 just like us.

Jets, Panthers, Steelers, Jags, Broncos, Giants & Skins. Only difference between us and them is that they're trying really hard to win and aren't.
Sad (not really ) about the Jets is that they have way more talent (mostly on defense though) than Miami and they are on par with Miami for awfulness. Outside of Bell their offense was literally talentless like Miami’s vs New England. I would not be surprised if New England shuts them out next week too. Watching their terrible offense with guru Gase was bliss. Misery loves company and I love the Jet’s company as a dolphins fan at the bottom of the East division.

I keep seeing this comparison but it is apples to oranges. JJ traded away one player (Walker) and already had the likes of Irvin and Aikman on the team. There was already a lot of talent there. JJ traded away one player with a lot of talent on the team. He did not trade away Aikman, Irvin, or any other talent that he had on the team. We have traded away the most talented guys we have with hardly any talent left on the roster. 2 COMPLETELY different scenarios.

Nobody is comparing how the teams acquired the picks. The point is JJ had a ton of picks and a bad team and those picks were what helped turn Dallas into a dynasty in the 90s. Now Miami has a bad team and a ton of picks. Maybe more higher picks than Dallas had, I don't remember what all they received. Now they have to make these picks count like JJ did and if they do we're gonna be set up for years to come with some great teams.

Back
Top Bottom