NFL people offer cautionary warning to Dolphins. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL people offer cautionary warning to Dolphins.

I can see a “Miami Dolphin rule” where you sacrifice a top pick for failing to field a viable team in an obvious tank fire sale. This isn’t fair to the fans and people who bought tickets. You can’t just come in and trade every piece worth anything for a makeover. It shouldn’t be allowed.

Wingo and the other dude Mike Greenberg, on ESPN, who are both Jet Fans are throwing HISSY FITS, over what Miami has done. The are like little girls crying and complaining about the Miami Dolphins!!! Give me a break MAN!!! Finally Stephen Ross shows some Ballz and fires the 2 wanna be idiots in Tannenbaum and Gase, so he could move forward with a bold plan to reset his Franchise. It may or may not work? But it was needed. Too many times Miami tried the quick fix option, without success. Too many wasted F/A signings of over the hill, injury prone vets. Now they can build from the ground up. Too bad Greenberg an Wingo aren't liking it. Nobody cares about those 2 buffoons at ESPN anyway. As far as Vontea Davis goes, go pound dirt!!! I hear Johnny Walker likes hanging with you Vontae.

I can see a “Miami Dolphin rule” where you sacrifice a top pick for failing to field a viable team in an obvious tank fire sale. This isn’t fair to the fans and people who bought tickets. You can’t just come in and trade every piece worth anything for a makeover. It shouldn’t be allowed.
What's not fair to fans is enduring year after year after year of mediocrity (at best) with little relief in sight. How long have we as Dolphin fans put up with that? I'd rather suffer through a terrible season or two in a row if that helps to build a team that will compete for and possibly win championships.

So.....it was ok when we were trading away Jay Ajayi for a 4th round pick and Landry for a 4th and a 7th, but if we trade Tunsil and Stills for 2 1sts and a 2nd and trade Minkah for a 1st there is a problem?

Gimme a ****ing break.
It’s funny people keep saying Miami is letting all this talent go, they’re not scrubs to say but Miami had James, Stills, Wake, Tannehill, Minkah, Tunsil, Taylor and Kiko ALL on the roster last year and it was only good for 7-9. I’m not missing ANY of these players. No one from that group was elite.

As far as the league is concerned. They'll try to do something. But to do it, I'm not sure the owners will be on board. To prove a legit tank. The players would have to lay down. And that ain't happening.

We aren’t fielding a competent NFL team. This is like the scrubs/scabs walkout year. It isn’t a legitimate product to sell. We are not trading for bodies to play now but future picks. It should not be allowed and they will address it, period. No one can be allowed to hoard picks and dominate a draft with this kind of dealing. It is corrupt and disingenuous and should not be allowed. Period. Hey, I’m a fan of this team. We have an unbelievable haul of picks and probably the pick of the best quarterback in the draft that will put our franchise on the map. A tremendous turnaround is possible, and I’m telling you, it should not be allowed to go down like this. It’s a blueprint that should have to be destroyed and not allowed in all fairness of parity. You compete and draft where you draft. You can not be allowed to throw a year for draft picks. Ridiculous to argue against that even if you are the recipient of this idiotic advantage.

And this is where I feel the league loses its attempts to stop other team from copying Miami. Cleveland has already done it.

That's a very valid point IMO.

Well played.

Like I've said, if the team Grier has assembled

crushes the picks he's harvested

the dude will be legendary!

Back
Top Bottom