NFL power rankings | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL power rankings

I've seen a few different rankings. Some with Miami ahead of New England, some the other way.

The Patriots did make the playoffs last year and Miami didn't so there's that.

I think we'll have a better indication about four weeks into the season.

Sucks that Jones isn't going to be available for the early Bills/Bengals game.

AFC wins are going to be huge for playoffs implications this season...HUGE!

No doubt. I think Buffalo will be without White so that balances it out a little.

Last edited:
He gives you his reasons, and they are obviously just his opinion: "So why do I still feel the Pats will figure it out? Because I never underestimate Bill Belichick. And I like the quarterback: Mac Jones was the best rookie passer last season, and it's well within the range of outcomes that he takes a significant leap in Year 2."

Which is why these power rankings are stupid. These opinions are just click bait filler.

No

No doubt. I think Buffalo will be without White so that balances it out a little.

Still the same stick. Jones got to the PB because all the others QBs had other things to do and not because of his accolades. I'm not even commenting on the Tua Jab.
Like I said in my post, those aren’t my thoughts. That’s the narrative that’s going around in the media, so the rankings are going to reflect that

No

That certainly helps. But it will be huge for us to split against them.

It's huge for us to play well against the AFC top teams.. Chargers, Bengals, Bills, Ravens.

We could write our own play off ticket if we take care of business against those teams. They pretty much represent the top Tier teams in the Conference. Head to Head victory against those teams practically puts us in the playoffs.

If you must lose then lose against GB, Minn, 49ers. No conference opponents.

Last edited:
Well, I'm OK with Miami not being top 14. Also agree that we need to make the playoffs to get more respect.

But if it takes the Playoffs to gain respect, why are the Broncos so high?

But again, it's just opinions.

Of it were me, they would be top 5 lol

That certainly helps. But it will be huge for us to split against them.

It's huge for us to play well against the AFC top teams.. Chargers, Bengals, Bills, Ravens.

We could write our own play off ticket if we take care of business against those teams. The pretty much represent the top Tier teams in the Conference. Head to Head victory against this practically puts us in the playoffs.

If you must lose then lose against GB, Minn, 49ers. No conference opponents.

I don't think it's reasonable to expect to beat all of those teams. It would be nice, but I'm not banking on it personally.

I don't think it's reasonable to expect to beat all of those teams. It would be nice, but I'm not banking on it personally.

Why not? We've proven recently to be able to beat the Chargers/Raven(yeah yeah they were missing key players...blah blah).

They will definitely be without White so those two CB's being out clearly favors us........just for one game.

You can also consider this; New England lost JC Jackson for his career.

Baltimore's Marcus Peters is returning from an torn ACL he suffered before last season began. A season that saw the Ravens secondary rank in the bottom 5 in most categories.

Cincinnati's got Eli Apple and Chidobe Awuzie, basically JAG's. Their safeties are awesome though. Bates and that rookie Dax Hill.

I figure we'll move up about 4 spots next week.
Is this Hanzus' first year doing the PRs?

Wonder Years was a notorious NE homer, so when we'd win, it was always about what the other team did wrong.

I think, for the most part, Hanzus has been relatively fair regarding Miami.

Putting on the media bias hat here, NE has Belichick while Miami has a rookie HC, NE has a QB that went to the pro bowl, Miami has a QB that doesn’t have the arm to get Tyreek the ball.

Not my thoughts, just the only way I can find a way to justify the thinking
Trapper: Jones was invited to the PB only after 2 others were injured or passed. Again, media/league bias. The talent level between the team isn’t close, in favor of the Dolphins. It’s not like MM isn’t familiar with a Belicheat defense. He has 10 years in the league. JMO.

Back
Top Bottom